300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Reserve Police(Law Enforcement Officer) 2016

does anyone have any info on this job? i have read other posts but they are from years ago

whats the job like? what kind of training they get? is it very hard to get hired?
    I am current TSA will my fed time transfer over.

any info would be great

Training is in house, no FLETC. DC guys also attend DC code training.

Fed time does not transfer over for retirement purposes.

Job is basically being on a post checking an ID, inside the fed itself running magnometers, x ray machines etc. I remember some of the guys stating they had a bike patrol, k9 etc
    Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 11-26-2016, 03:02 PM.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Damn I thought Federal Reserve Police under Board of Governors in DC are Federal government employees. I heard they had bike patrol n k9 also. I thought they went to FLETC at Cheltenham ???

Do they even have mobile patrol in DC?

Do they have a high turnover rate Orlando?

Do they make any lockups?

Comment

No idea on lock ups.

They have several facilities but I don't think they have a big patrol area for them to do vehicle patrol.

No basic classes at Cheltenham, mainly vehicle and firearms training.

No idea on turnover, it's a laid back job for somebody older and they pay is decent.

Comment

Oh ok thanks for answering my questions. So basically it's a retirement gig?

Comment

http://mpdc.dc.gov/publication/board...politan-police

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
              Oh ok thanks for answering my questions. So basically it's a retirement gig?
              It's a job that pays good money and seems to have a bit of overtime to it. My DC Code class had a mix of young and older, the young guys are using it as a stepping stone and the older guys are retired from other jobs.

Comment

Sounds good to me and that's a good mix in the young n old. I know the younger guys will leave and find a police department with more action as they want.
                I just looked at their jurisdiction and it is small. I guess I'm basis the DC one off of NY Federal Reserve Police as I seen them in cars doing patrol.

Comment

anybody know how many weeks the academy is? how intense it is?
                  Last edited by dangerr101; 11-29-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

It's about 6 weeks and it's not that bad

Comment

Negative the federal reserve in DC has a 13 week academy that they run in-house.

Comment

Why don't they send their officers down to FLETC in Glynco for 13 weeks and come back and do the add on federal reserve in house training.

13 weeks just for in house is crazy just to be standing on post checking I can see if they went down to FLETC in GA.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                          Negative the federal reserve in DC has a 13 week academy that they run in-house.
                          There's the answer. I know the guys at the Philly FRB go through a 6 week academy.

Just an fyi, saw your inaugural badges. They're nice

Comment

Anybody that applied on this announcement going for an interview? Friend of mine has one on December 9.

Comment

His taking the interview in DC. The agency is trying to hire 20 officers idk if this info is correct

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8084 users online. 328 members and 7756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X