Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are 0083-Police positions so hard to get?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are 0083-Police positions so hard to get?

Why are these Police officer-0083 jobs so HARD to get?

i have been qualified and have moved forward for BOP, CBPO,BPA and FAM........but for this job i never hear back after applying

I was told I wasn't qualified for the GS-5 0083 as a 12, so yeah, there's that. Was near my hometown, so they would have had a career employee out of me, but oh well.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

i have been qualified and have moved forward for BOP, CBPO,BPA and FAM........but for this job i never hear back after applying
      Probably because they have someone in mind when they announce them? A lot of those positions are positions that a retire cop can do. That's my best guess.

Comment

I got denied the first time I applied to 0083 at Ft Jackson... I reapplied this year and got hired... who knows how it works...
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Are you a 10 point veteran? Do you have prior arrest authority? Being an 0083 is alot different than being a BPA.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

The majority of 0083 positions are not covered by 6c/12d. A lot of them are more security and force protection focused than a traditional city or state LE job.

Comment

I got FERS and TSP, and all I do is mobile patrol, no gates, no security... depends on your installation. I am looking to get into the traffic section soon, though.
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                I got FERS and TSP, and all I do is mobile patrol, no gates, no security... depends on your installation. I am looking to get into the traffic section soon, though.
                You're basing your 0083 job on one facility. 0083 jobs are different in the same agency because each facility runs its programs differently. An 0083 at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is going to do a different job than the Mint police or the IRS Police. A DACP 0083 at Ft. Jackson might do a different job than a DACP at Joint Base Myers-Henderson Hall or National Guard Bureau at Arlington Hall Va.

Comment

That's why I said it's based on installation. I like the job though, its decent pay, good benefits, and I get holiday pay
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                    That's why I said it's based on installation. I like the job though, its decent pay, good benefits, and I get holiday pay
                    Everybody gets Sunday premium and holiday pay if they work on those days. Along with night differential

Comment

Well yeah, but not where I was working previously, but if you can get it, take it
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

Probably because there are vastly more applicants than there are vacancies.

It's been a while since I last applied for a Fed job (not an 0083). I made an inquiry and learned I was #56 on a list of 1,400 and that they only intended to hire 27 people over the two year life of the list. Needless to say, I wasn't reachable and never heard from them again. Obviously, there were a lot of qualified people who were disappointed.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

My agency only hired one out of like 50 applicants, mostly because no mil or police experience
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5756 users online. 304 members and 5452 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X