Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUBURN, WA Police Department - Several Openings!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUBURN, WA Police Department - Several Openings!

One of the best departments in the greater-Seattle area!

Entry-level candidates test through PublicSafetyTesting and the City LOVES laterals!

Check out http://TEAMAPD.org

$69,632 (Upon hire) - $89,814 (after 5 years)

Community Information

The City of Auburn is a diverse community that provides services to Auburn citizens living in both King County and Pierce County. In addition, parts of the Muckleshoot Indian Reservation also are within the boundaries of the City of Auburn.

Department Information

The Auburn Police Department is a State Accredited agency that is located just 20 minutes south of Seattle in the Pacific Northwest. Auburn has experienced significant growth through annexations and retirements over the last 5 years and continue to hire both new and lateral officers. We offer an exceptional benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, college incentive pay, longevity pay, vacation pay and holiday pay. Specialty pay is also granted to officers in Detectives, Traffic, Swat, K-9, Bicycle, Hostage Negotiators and FTO positions.

Area Information
    • County: King & Pierce
    • Population: 73,505
    Current Hiring Status

The eligibility list is a continuous listing and maintained as scores are received from PST with oral board interviews conducted on an as-needed basis. Vacancies are filled by Civil Service "rule of three" with the top three candidates forwarded to the appointing authority for background investigation & selection as vacancies occur.

Applicants who can furnish evidence of having been awarded a baccalaureate degree in police science, law enforcement, sociology, criminology, psychology or other police related degrees as reasonably determined by the Chief Examiner from any accredited four-year college will receive 5% credit to their final examination score, provided the applicant has received a minimum passing grade in such examination.

Salary Information

Top out at $89,800+!

Benefit Information

City of Auburn offers a generous benefits package.

------------
    Last edited by APDOfc; 08-05-2018, 02:23 PM.

Recent approval for six new officers. Be sure to check out APD!

Comment

Any points given to Federal officers?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cbpagi27 View Post
        Any points given to Federal officers?
        No points for federal positions. The only exam points that can be added are from education:

Applicants who can furnish evidence of having been awarded a baccalaureate degree in police science, law enforcement, sociology, criminology, psychology or other police related degrees as reasonably determined by the Chief Examiner from any accredited four-year college will receive 5% credit to their final examination score, provided the applicant has received a minimum passing grade in such examination.

BUT! Having federal experience in your background sets you up in a great spot going into the testing process with APD!

Comment

Does Auburn hire applicants fairly quicky? Not impatient but my current employment allows 0 days off at the moment so I wouldn't be able to even test until January!

Comment

Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post
            Does Auburn hire applicants fairly quicky? Not impatient but my current employment allows 0 days off at the moment so I wouldn't be able to even test until January!
            Definitely! I believe our process is one of the fastest in the area, if not all around.

Comment

Still a couple of openings for this year and 6 in the New Year! Great time to apply for a great department!

Comment

I had my oral board today, but don't know how soon to expect word on how I did. I only ask because I also serve in the Guard and will be in training during the time I'd expect to receive anything in the mail.
                How do candidates get notified about how they're ranked after the oral board?

Comment

Our Chief retired and a huge run of promotions, retirements and specialty position fills have occurred, so we are ready for new hires! Entry level and lateral, check us out!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7498 users online. 389 members and 7109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X