Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuckbartowski
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure which skills would be in demand that I have, but I've spoken with several other people whose timeline was similar. I dont pretend to have any knowledge on how some take forever or never compared to those like me who had 3-4 month wait times. Im sorry mate.

• Kels
    replied
    Crickets up in here... did everyone get hired?

Leave a comment:

• triniboy05
    commented on 's reply
    The average agent moves for phase 2 for whatever detail they’re assigned to, and then afterward if they choose to move from that area.

If you’re not given an option (or opt to move) for your phase 1 assignment at your current location that is another move.

Your travel is dependent on what field office you’re assigned to. Most are on a ROTA but not every office travels as much as the next. It’s also dependent one the time of year, etc. It’s not all gloom and doom, but prepare yourself and your family for traveling and a grueling schedule at times.

• Lovetocamp
    commented on 's reply
    You go to your assigned field office straight after the academy and stay there for a few years. You'll be put on international assignments and travel consistently.

Wont really be moving around but rarely at home.

• Lovetocamp
    replied
    Passed the SUPER and did the background interview on the same day.

Waiting on polygraph scheduling now!

Leave a comment:

• NeKro13
    replied
    I know you have to sign a mobility requirement. My question is how often do you have to move? I currently live in Austin.

Leave a comment:

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    You must have had someone put your BG packet in priority to skip ahead of the long adjud line. Good for you.
    Do you have a special skill that's in demand right now or something, or know a congressman?

• Emrmed17
    commented on 's reply
    chuckbartowski That’s a relief to know, thanks!!

• chuckbartowski
    commented on 's reply
    Had high cholesterol, but not put on meds. I cleared.

• Emrmed17
    replied
    Anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting dq’d just because of your blood results coming back with high cholesterol? I have an appointment on Monday to get put on meds for it, so technically it will then be considered “controlled”. I’ve completed everything else in the process, so I’m hoping this one little thing doesn’t ruin it!

Leave a comment:

• chuckbartowski
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry man. thats tough. I completely understand being discouraged.

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure to be upset or happy...
    I have 2yr Local Police OFC, year private security, 2yr fed LEO, 5yr Mil Police, 2 LE deployments, associates, instructor. And yet its been 1.5 yrs waiting. -_-

• chuckbartowski
    commented on 's reply
    DC_Vulcan - not a veteran, no prior fed experience, no security clearance. A couple of M.A. degrees and non profit community development experience.

• chuckbartowski
    commented on 's reply
    Nope. I worked in non-profit community organizations for the past decade plus. Have two masters degrees - one of them was a minor in intel/national security. No security clearance, no fed experience, but I did have several of my peers from grad school join the service and they convinced me it was worthwhile.

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    Associates, decade+ military, 10 yrs LEO (Local, private, Federal, Mil)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12294 users online. 473 members and 11821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X