Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    I've re-applied 5x. It doesn't go anywhere or do anything.

• Lovetocamp
    commented on 's reply
    Try reapplying? My hiring process was 3 months and I’m already at the academy.

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    Same here.

• Eventual1811
    replied
    Checking in.... After 1 year and three months in adjudication, I've made no progress. Lol. I'm still in adjudication.

Leave a comment:

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    Unlike FLETC, where the Tajj now is all double-booked. >

• Sapper92
    commented on 's reply
    Deleted...
    Last edited by Sapper92; 12-11-2019, 03:15 AM.

• Smilingsmokey
    replied
    If I’m not mistaken, you have a room to yourself.

Leave a comment:

• zTiger
    replied
    Hello everyone, I read that for JJRTC that for housing wise they put you in a hotel for your training. Can someone confirm this is still true? Is the hotel room just for you or will you get a roommate too?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Costanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Easthawk24 View Post

I took the test this past week as well for the GL07 post. Seems like most people are moving quickly through the process
    Too quick!

Leave a comment:

• Easthawk24
    replied
    Originally posted by Costanza View Post

yes sir. Took the test Monday. Scheduling interview soon.
    I took the test this past week as well for the GL07 post. Seems like most people are moving quickly through the process

Leave a comment:

• Costanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Sheridan1 View Post
    Did anyone get referred from the last GL-7 announcement from 2 weeks ago yet?
    yes sir. Took the test Monday. Scheduling interview soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sheridan1
    replied
    Did anyone get referred from the last GL-7 announcement from 2 weeks ago yet?

Leave a comment:

• Wise135
    commented on 's reply
    If you mean doing protective duty full-time, that may be true. The Secret Service agents I've met who were within the first few years on the job were assigned to field offices conducting investigations. However, they spent a lot of time doing protective work to the point that they weren't doing a lot of investigative work. A senior Secret Service agent told me they get all the money they need for protection, but virtually nothing for investigations.

In essence, you'll do a lot of protective work during the first 3 years even if it isn't technically what you're assigned to do full-time. Therein lies the problem for many. Every time I look up, there seems to be another former Secret Service agent coming over to HSI. It's never because they're unhappy with conducting investigations, but because too much of their life is consumed with protection, the travel and time commitment it requires.

• ZH97
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your response. I understand that completely. I’m currently in the application process and I was just curious. When people explain the drawbacks of the job, they seem to usually take issue with standing guard and traveling all the time. I was unclear on whether the career timeline had changed.

• DC_Vulcan
    commented on 's reply
    Investigation isn't a duty of glory or excitement, and revolves around confidentiality, so naturally it doesn't get the spotlight. But IMO that work is more rewarding and just as important.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8511 users online. 480 members and 8031 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X