300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service SA hiring process

There seem to be a lot of UD candidates/officers on this board. I am in the process of (hopefully) becoming a special agent with USSS. If anyone's in that camp, I'd like some feedback on my timeline.

Oct. 1, 2006: Application submitted
    Oct. 5, 2006: Invited to take TEA exam
    Oct. 17, 2006: TEA exam
    Oct. 23, 2006: Notified of passing score on TEA exam, panel interview scheduled
    Nov. 8, 2006: Panel Interview

And now it's Jan. 28, and I have not heard about the status of my panel interview. Things seemed to be moving on the fast track, and I was even told at the panel interview that I would hear the results within one to two weeks. I've heard nothing. Is this normal?

Everybody's moves at a different pace I've found. Instead of calling your field office for a status update, call recruiting in DC and see if they can update you on your status.

Comment

Originally posted by enorthkc
      Nov. 8, 2006: Panel Interview

And now it's Jan. 28, and I have not heard about the status of my panel interview. Things seemed to be moving on the fast track, and I was even told at the panel interview that I would hear the results within one to two weeks. I've heard nothing. Is this normal?
      Budget issues are plaguing everyone in the federal government. The government is on a "continuing resolution" rather than a real budget. The FY started in October, but Congress has kept the government operating on a CR rather than passing a real budget. That means money is very tight across the board for the federal government, and that usually is a bad thing for applicants.

Patience is the key to all federal apps. Good luck.

Comment

I had the medical recently...I was told I did very well, but for the uncorrected vision portion I got 20/70 for both eyes. On the chart there was no 20/60 or intermediate lines. Has anybody had a situation where they did not pass the uncorrected portion and was asked to go to a personal eye doctor? Is the uncorrected vision an automatic DQ? Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by pearljamknicks
          I had the medical recently...I was told I did very well, but for the uncorrected vision portion I got 20/70 for both eyes. On the chart there was no 20/60 or intermediate lines. Has anybody had a situation where they did not pass the uncorrected portion and was asked to go to a personal eye doctor? Is the uncorrected vision an automatic DQ? Thanks for the info.

That happened to me, and they sent me the letter telling me to go to the eye doctor and have them send their findings to HQ via fax (I got a copy and mailed it to them also) It will be reviewed by the medical department and they will tell you if you're continuing in the process or no. If you get a medical dq they will advise you on your options to continue in the process. Hope that helps. Good luck.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

i don't mean to hijack your thread
            but, can you be DQ'd from the USSS for having poor uncorrected vision?
            What about laser eye surgery, such as Lasik?
            thanks

USSS U/D
            Applied: September 2010

Comment

Originally posted by eagles138
              i don't mean to hijack your thread
              but, can you be DQ'd from the USSS for having poor uncorrected vision?
              What about laser eye surgery, such as Lasik?
              thanks
              Yes you can be DQ'd vor vision. I believe the wording was something like: Glasses can be knocked off and contacts could be dislodged during a physical situation. But if you get that letter you can get lasik and retake their eye exam (you have to provide documentation on your surgery).
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

ok
                thanks, guys

USSS U/D
                Applied: September 2010

Comment

Anybody know when the next academy class will be? Just wondering. Thanks.

Comment

For the medical physical, other than the physician that checks you, is there anyone else that looks at the test results to determine that you passed?

Comment

I made it all the way through the medical portion of the process. The physician doing the physical said everything was fine, and it was. About 3 months after the physical, I got my letter saying I was declined. No reason was given.

Comment

Check this thread.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...secret+service

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply...Did you ever find out why you were DQ'd? It sounds like you were pretty healthy.

Comment

Well, received a call stating I needed to take a second medical. Doesn't sound so promising based on other people's results after taking a second medical. It kinda stinks that its unknown why I did not pass the first. I have a feeling it was my eyes and possibly my size proportion. Any words of encouragement or words of wisdom would be great. Thanks.

Comment

dont sweat it

I got the same thing for UD.
                              Last edited by ud22206; 03-12-2007, 08:48 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7661 users online. 418 members and 7243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X