Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bondman007
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

So finally heard from USSS (after reaching out to them) after a month and a half of silence after my Poly that my "application is under the adjudicative review process". I know for most this is a purgatory during / after the background investigation for some Vets ( I'm currently active Army).

However, I do not know if their background investigation has officially commenced. I have conducted the security interview and polygraph with them, however I have not been contacted by an investigator and to my knowledge neither has anyone listed on my SF-86.

Anybody ever have something similar occur? A delay in this USSS investigation is about to start interfering with background investigations for other job applications with background investigations and my military clearance re-investigation.

Comment

• bondman007
      bondman007 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a verbal "inconclusive" and "sending it to HQ/ quality control" afterwards, but I haven't heard anything official about my poly. In the email stating that my "application is under the adjudicative review process" it also says "Until you are notified otherwise, your application remains active".

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not sure then, bro. My polygrapher told me I should expect an email at the end of this week. I guess quality control is backed up? Try browsing this thread for timelines of people who had to take 2 polygraphs and see how long it took them for the second one.

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      All depends on whoever did/ does your BG. If they put you as priority, it'll be a couple months. If not, welcome to purgatory.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Bondman,

Sounds like you’re app is done. Getting an inconclusive sometimes is the same as failing. This job sucks anyway. I’d recommend you to move on with your other applications.
  • zeus827
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2019

All,

I had my security interview with the FO BI for SA 3 weeks ago. I was advised me to be patient because a local FO would contact me next to schedule my polygraph. At the security interview with my BI, I felt confident after the interview and the BI's intentions in getting me going quickly through this process. He also, told me to not contact him after the interview unless I changed my phone number or email.

I have read these posts enough times to know that it's based on different experiences. My question is; How much longer do I wait to be contacted before I reach out to someone? I'm also open to hear any advice from those who were in the same situation as I am in now. Side not, I'm already a DHS employee with prior federal LEO exp. over 10 years.

thank you,

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Took about 3-4 weeks for me to get my polygraph call from the security interview date.
  • zeus827
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2019

thank you, I appreciate your reply. I hope its soon.

Comment

• Cali777
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2019

Hope someone can provide some info about the interview process (SUPER). Ofcourse I am asking about what you can share within the NDA limits.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't tell you much buddy. Just have some good scenarios of life experience in your head practiced and ready to go.
    • Trooper33
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

Can someone PM me the cities that have been offered to them?

Comment

• NewPath
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

My timeline looked like this:

Application 21 Mar
        SAEE 16 Apr
        SUPER 8 May
        COE 9 May
        Factor V 5 Jun
        Medical 8 Jul
        Polygraph 9 Jul
        Home Interview 6 Aug
        Call 19 Aug

First personal/professional reference to tell me they were contacted concerning my background check was 19 July.

After my polygraph the examiner said it had to be reviewing by QA and asked if I’d be willing to do another if necessary. I never received any notification as to my polygraph but was later told if the next step is initiated than you passed.

Was offered the following locations:

San Francisco
        Los Angeles
        Chicago
        New York
        Boston
        Miami

Comment

• cyber_sa
          cyber_sa commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing this, good luck with the next steps - academy etc.
      • zeus827
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

Thanks for the timeline. It’s been five weeks since I had my security interview. I was told not to contact my background investigator, that the office who will be doing my poly would contact me for scheduling. However I haven’t heard anything yet. Any thoughts?
        Last edited by zeus827; 08-28-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• NewPath
          NewPath commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no real insight into the process more than most to be honest, only my experience. For your situation, I will say I reached out to the field office directly to inquire on initiating a polygraph. This was based on how well my Factor V went and the fact I knew the good and bad in my background and was being open and honest.
      • zeus827
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

I concur mine went well to. The BI told me that the FO office would reach out to me but also told me that there was no reason to contact him anymore. I just don’t want to over step a boundary by being inpatient that’s all.

Comment

• cyber_sa
          cyber_sa commented
          Editing a comment
          In my opinion based on all the recent timelines I would have used four weeks as the cut off. That seems to be the most anyone has waited recently on this forum. I think it’s time to get in touch with the appropriate folks at hiring.
      • zeus827
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

In think your right I will email them.

Comment

• 2019_usssrp
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2019

..... .............

Comment

• 2019_usssrp
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2019

Hello All,

I have been watching this feed and it's been very helpful. Thank you to everyone who participates and gives insights. Now that I have access to post, my timeline is as follows:

Applied: 04/25/19
            Best Qualified:05/06/19
            SAEE: 05/09/19
            SUPER: 06/13/19
            COE :06/14/19
            SF86 Submitted:06/25/19
            Security Interview/Factor V: 07/08/19
            Polygraph Scheduled: 08/29/19
            Call to Schedule Polygraph for an Earlier Date:07/23/19
            Medical: 07/31/19
            Polygraph: 08/13/19
            Background Started: 08/19/19 (I knew because my references told me they received a call)
            Fingerprinting: 08/21/19
            Drug Testing: 08/27/19
            Home Interview: 08/29/19
            The Call: ______

Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• cyber_sa
              cyber_sa commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on making it almost all the way and thanks for sharing your timeline.

• 2019_usssrp
              2019_usssrp commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you.
          • cmor5150
            Forum Member
            • May 2017

Anyone know if Orthokeratology (contacts you wear at night and then take off in the morning) is acceptable to pass the minimum vision requirements?

Comment

• Moose225
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2016

Where in the application process does the fitness test come in? I saw the standards on the agency website, but havent seen anything regarding where in the process it comes in.

Comment

• Kels
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2019

Moose225 there is mo fitness test during the process

Comment

• Moose225
                  Moose225 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, cool. I saw the standards chart listed on the website, so I figured there would be a test at some point prior to hire. Thanks for the info.
              • Kels
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2019

Moose225 thats the standard for the academy. You have to show up in shape and ready to meet the standard base on your age group. Thats just the standard for the Service academy. Fletc has their own.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18783 users online. 37 members and 18746 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...