Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaglesWR7
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2014

To the guys who are stuck post SI here's my story...as you can see from the timeline below I waited almost a year between the SI and the poly. I spoke to the guys in DC on the phone, and yes it all depends on who you get at the time of calling, some people punch in your info and update you on your status, others tell you they cant do sh*t. The email way never worked, but what I finally did was contact my local FO a few times and they were able to send an email to DC about my status and get it taken care of. It took THEM at least 6 months to get a proper return from them and it seems they lost my paperwork or some thing of that sort. As soon as the FO got the information back they called me to schedule my Poly and the process went light speed from then on. So keep calling, you are that FO's baby from what I was told by mine and they informed me to call once a month to make sure everything was squared away and nothing was jacked up anymore. So take it for what its worth, a study of one is a study of none but from a non college grad whos done with the process and waiting, there's my attempt and explaining why it may take so long. Just the way the Government works man lol, hurry up and wait. NOW SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME FROM A 202 NUMBER!

USSS-SA
    Applied: 05/02/2014
    Referred: 06/08/2014
    Test Date: 06/09/2014
    SAEE Passed: 06/16/2014
    APAT: Suspended
    SPI: 07/16/2014
    COE: 08/17/2014
    SI: 08/29/2014
    POLY: 12/09/2015
    BACKGROUND: 01/15/2016 (Started) (now complete and submitted)
    MEDICAL: 01/27/2016
    HOME INTERVIEW: 02/05/2016
    FINAL OFFER: N/A

Comment

• Recruit_1
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by eaglesWR7
      To the guys who are stuck post SI here's my story...as you can see from the timeline below I waited almost a year between the SI and the poly. I spoke to the guys in DC on the phone, and yes it all depends on who you get at the time of calling, some people punch in your info and update you on your status, others tell you they cant do sh*t. The email way never worked, but what I finally did was contact my local FO a few times and they were able to send an email to DC about my status and get it taken care of. It took THEM at least 6 months to get a proper return from them and it seems they lost my paperwork or some thing of that sort. As soon as the FO got the information back they called me to schedule my Poly and the process went light speed from then on. So keep calling, you are that FO's baby from what I was told by mine and they informed me to call once a month to make sure everything was squared away and nothing was jacked up anymore. So take it for what its worth, a study of one is a study of none but from a non college grad whos done with the process and waiting, there's my attempt and explaining why it may take so long. Just the way the Government works man lol, hurry up and wait. NOW SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME FROM A 202 NUMBER!

USSS-SA
      Applied: 05/02/2014
      Referred: 06/08/2014
      Test Date: 06/09/2014
      SAEE Passed: 06/16/2014
      APAT: Suspended
      SPI: 07/16/2014
      COE: 08/17/2014
      SI: 08/29/2014
      POLY: 12/09/2015
      BACKGROUND: 01/15/2016 (Started) (now complete and submitted)
      MEDICAL: 01/27/2016
      HOME INTERVIEW: 02/05/2016
      FINAL OFFER: N/A
      I applied on 05/02/2014 as well. Hopefully I can get some sort of an answer from my local FO or HQ. I'm sure I'm not alone seeing people fly through the process and job postings every 5 months while you just stay stagnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• SoutoXS
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2016

I was just invited for my Security Interview. Is the Security Interview the Polygraph? Or are they two separate tests?

Comment

• CarGoNV
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by SoutoXS
          I was just invited for my Security Interview. Is the Security Interview the Polygraph? Or are they two separate tests?
          Should be two seperate visits.

Comment

• SoutoXS
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by CarGoNV
            Should be two seperate visits.
            That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

• bbowser1515
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Ravenclaw
              I went with chips + salsa and MnM's and not an ounce of it was touched. Oh well.

Do the demi gods of this thread have an average (loosely defined) lag time between HI and The Call(tm)? Agents made it seem like things could go down tomorrow, but I am not so sure. Just wanted to do a sniff test.
              The guys at my home interview made it sound the same way...even said once this gets up to the review panel I would throw out an estimate of around 30 days before you could get a call. It has been 60. So I don't really think there is a good answer.

Comment

• fedxfit
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2011

Translation for anything agents at your HI (or elsewhere throughout the application process) tell you that's encouraging in terms of likelihood to be hired or especially a timeframe in which you will be hired: "We like you and think you're a strong applicant." Anything more than that is apparently out of their control or knowledge.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Banned
                  • May 2015

I called my FO for the umpteenth time to see if they can "shake the trees" a bit in regards to HQ and my App status. They told me that they had no control and they are at the mercy of HQ. This contradicts what some of you are saying regarding the FO. I guess it all depends on the office. Oh well.

Comment

• SoutoXS
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Radio Raheem
                    I called my FO for the umpteenth time to see if they can "shake the trees" a bit in regards to HQ and my App status. They told me that they had no control and they are at the mercy of HQ. This contradicts what some of you are saying regarding the FO. I guess it all depends on the office. Oh well.
                    HQ told me my FO is in complete control. That being said, I called HQ on Friday to inquire about my Security Packet, they said it hadn't even been turned in yet but, "We'll look into it." Come this morning not only has it now been turned it, but it has also been processed AND I'm scheduled for my Security Interview.

Comment

• Recruit_1
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SoutoXS
                      HQ told me my FO is in complete control. That being said, I called HQ on Friday to inquire about my Security Packet, they said it hadn't even been turned in yet but, "We'll look into it." Come this morning not only has it now been turned it, but it has also been processed AND I'm scheduled for my Security Interview.
                      I had to bring my Security Packet to the SI.

Comment

• Bronc_smith
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Radio Raheem
                        Ok here's how it works.... when field office completes a step they submit it to headquarters... At that point the process is under the control and mercy of headquarters... once hq does whatever they need to do to review that step, they will reach out to the field office and authorize them to do the next step... At that point your process is at the control and mercy of the field office...once the field office complete that step, it goes back to headquarters and guess who has the control of the process?

That's why you get different information from different people because not everyone is at the same step

Comment

• Carpe_Diem
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2015

Hey quick question for the guys who went to through the SUPER already. My email says to bring a copy of my resume. I just wanted to confirm that would be my federal resume, correct? Like the one I print off of USA Jobs? Also, any other advice for the SUPER would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                            Banned
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by Carpe_Diem
                            Hey quick question for the guys who went to through the SUPER already. My email says to bring a copy of my resume. I just wanted to confirm that would be my federal resume, correct? Like the one I print off of USA Jobs? Also, any other advice for the SUPER would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.
                            I brought a copy of my regular resume.

Comment

• Recruit_1
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Carpe_Diem
                              Just bring an updated resume (doesn't need to be the one from USAJobs). They didn't even ask to see mine during the interview.

Comment

• Lassiter 45
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2015

Going to admit folks, I've started to have second thoughts about the USSS. This time last year, any gig would have been better than what I had going, as the career I was in provided no real options for investigations and very few for protection.

Now I'm about to start a new job with a local agency that has a pretty robust investigations division and task forces with most of the big LE agencies (including USSS). In two to three years, I'm a likely shot at detective. Close to family, and seems like good employee satisfaction. I'll probably just keep my application in and let the BQA email decide for me. Still, I'm wary of so many guys saying that the quality of life and work in USSS is so poor especially compared to other agencies. And I've heard very few agents dispute this. Right now it sounds like there's quite a difference between DOJ agencies and DHS.

Passing my FBI Phase I today and a recent major case I assisted them with recently has me rethinking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19440 users online. 56 members and 19384 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...