• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all takes place at ELAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by xtuckx View Post
      What all takes place at ELAC?
      ELAC= Entry Level Assessment Center

UD conducted one of these a few weeks ago, I'm not sure there is an ELAC scheduled for Special Agent positions (someone who is a current agent would be able to tell you possibly). The whole ELAC ordeal lessens the UD hiring time frame from 10 months down to 4 months.
      Last edited by Levithane; 03-08-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levithane View Post

ELAC= Entry Level Assessment Center

UD conducted one of these a few weeks ago, I'm not sure there is an ELAC scheduled for Special Agent positions (someone who is a current agent would be able to tell you possibly). The whole ELAC ordeal lessens the UD hiring time frame from 10 months down to 4 months.
        I just got an email about one being held in Maryland at the end of the month. Both UD and SA.

Comment

• It looks like everyone got to this about there being an ELAC in late march for the DC/MD/NOVA area. One question though. I will know by Monday if I'm invited to take the exam but the email update was a little confusing to me. Can someone please clarify whether or not I am required to submit something at this point? I don't believe so but want to confirm.

"You have met the minimum qualifications. Your continuance in the process is contingent upon further review. If you successfully complete the remaining reviews of your application, you will receive an email notification containing instructions and an URL to register for the upcoming Entry Level Assessment Center (ELAC)...."

I'm also a bit confused about the ELAC and how it's different than the normal process.

Comment

• The ELAC is the same hiring process, the difference being is that it moves faster than the conventional process. You could be scheduled to take the SAEE or POST test 1 week, a week later have the interview, and the week after that have the medical. If you were taking the normal process, there could be anywhere from 1 month or more between each of the hiring process steps. I know someone who went through the ELAC back in February, and started FLETC the beginning of March.
            Last edited by Levithane; 03-09-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Thank you for explaining that. Makes more sense.

Comment

• When does the physical take place? What are minimum requirements? Is it pass fail? I got the email regarding ELAC as well

Comment

• Do they do ELACs regionally or is it nation wide?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811_WannaBe View Post
                    Do they do ELACs regionally or is it nation wide?
                    for my elac people flew in from all over the U.S. to the USSS academy in Maryland.

Comment

• Things may slow down for SA side. New administration is cutting back on SS hiring. UD is the way to go especially if you're peaking your age cut off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usingcarmex View Post
                        Things may slow down for SA side. New administration is cutting back on SS hiring. UD is the way to go especially if you're peaking your age cut off.
                        It is funny you say that after you get the call

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

It is funny you say that after you get the call
                          You do what you want. good luck

Comment

• Has anyone from the DC Metro area who was "referred" and notified they were under final review to take the ELAC heard back yet? They said we would receive a URL by 11:59pm on March 13 if we are invited to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usingcarmex View Post
                              Things may slow down for SA side. New administration is cutting back on SS hiring. UD is the way to go especially if you're peaking your age cut off.
                              Where did you get this info? I don't believe this to be true. There are many classes currently on the books for SA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post

Where did you get this info? I don't believe this to be true. There are many classes currently on the books for SA's.
                                it's true. Trump's new budget proposal calls for a down sizing of many federal entities. USSS being one of them. I spoke with HQ and was told that no new EOD's will be sent out until D.C. sorts out all this budget trash

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8241 users online. 388 members and 7853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X