Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied to the most recent announcement back in January and saw I was recently "referred". Looking at various timelines on this site it seems to be a relatively fast process (compared to other agencies) but some people had "ELAC" which seems to be an expedited process. Will that be the case for only the May '16 applicants or should we expect that step going forward? Thanks!

Comment

• 3/15 start date for next class.

Comment

• I was asked to get a vision test not part of medical step yet, anyone here have to get lasik to move on?

Comment

Last edited by n1xem; 06-21-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• My uncorrected vision just barely makes that cut off and it was suggested I might want to look into lasik. They are still continuing the process though. I have a consult this month to see about getting the procedure down. On the USES website it says they will not test your eyesight till 3 months post surgery. Does anyone know if by me getting lasik done, would my process be delayed till that 3 month period has passed? I am currently scheduled to take the polygraph tomorrow and they have already started my BI.

Comment

• Polygraph 03/02/17. Received email today requesting medical history, eye examination, fitness level; all to be completed and returned within 48 hours. Is this next step, or included in polygraph phase of hiring process? I have not been informed of polygraph result thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by drew5806 View Post
                Polygraph 03/02/17. Received email today requesting medical history, eye examination, fitness level; all to be completed and returned within 48 hours. Is this next step, or included in polygraph phase of hiring process? I have not been informed of polygraph result thus far.
                Sounds a little bit different than what I was told. They said if I'm called to schedule medical then I passed poly. Giving information is a good sign, but not exactly sure in your case.

For me they never explicitly said "you passed they poly," it was just understood when they scheduled my medical.
                Last edited by FuriousPedant; 03-07-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drew5806 View Post
                  Polygraph 03/02/17. Received email today requesting medical history, eye examination, fitness level; all to be completed and returned within 48 hours. Is this next step, or included in polygraph phase of hiring process? I have not been informed of polygraph result thus far.
                  Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuriousPedant View Post

Sounds a little bit different than what I was told. They said if I'm called to schedule medical then I passed poly. Giving information is a good sign, but not exactly sure in your case.

For me they never explicitly said "you passed they poly," it was just understood when they scheduled my medical.
                    This was part of the email I received. I assume it is different by location. I hope it is a good sign.

"To assist with processing your Medical Clearance, please complete the attached documents, and return them to me via email within 48 hours...."

"
                    Talent & Employee Acquisition Management Division (TAD)"

Comment

• Originally posted by Futuristic1811 View Post

Sounds like you passed the poly, and the email appears to be a replacement/substitute for the phone call from D.C.

Have you been scheduled for your medical?
                      I received the email today. I hope I am scheduled for medical soon!

Comment

• So I have a weird question. A few days before the January 2017 announcement came out I received a normal speeding ticket in Nevada. On the application I clicked that I have never been charged with a misdemeanor because I didn't think I had. But as I was going to pay my ticket I learned that all moving violations in Nevada are considered a misdemeanor. I'm from NY originally out here with the military, so I was unaware of this. Is there a way to update my application because my intent was not to mislead and will they automatically exclude me for speeding? My driving record has been clean for more than 7 years (since I was a teenager!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811_WannaBe View Post
                          So I have a weird question. A few days before the January 2017 announcement came out I received a normal speeding ticket in Nevada. On the application I clicked that I have never been charged with a misdemeanor because I didn't think I had. But as I was going to pay my ticket I learned that all moving violations in Nevada are considered a misdemeanor. I'm from NY originally out here with the military, so I was unaware of this. Is there a way to update my application because my intent was not to mislead and will they automatically exclude me for speeding? My driving record has been clean for more than 7 years (since I was a teenager!)
                          they mean in regards to criminal violation of the law. you're fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mxg526 View Post
                            My uncorrected vision just barely makes that cut off and it was suggested I might want to look into lasik. They are still continuing the process though. I have a consult this month to see about getting the procedure down. On the USES website it says they will not test your eyesight till 3 months post surgery. Does anyone know if by me getting lasik done, would my process be delayed till that 3 month period has passed? I am currently scheduled to take the polygraph tomorrow and they have already started my BI.
                            I was told that I will continue on in the process because medical is after poly anyway. They said it wasn't a problem to get lasik done at this point.

Also for those of you that have done your poly how long was it? I've heard everything from 2 to 8 hrs.
                            Last edited by doe8; 03-08-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post

Also for those of you that have done your poly how long was it? I've heard everything from 2 to 8 hrs.
                              Could be anywhere in between. Just depends on how things go once you get in there. I would plan on a full day and if you get out early, great!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post

Could be anywhere in between. Just depends on how things go once you get in there. I would plan on a full day and if you get out early, great!
                                ye plan for a long day. my buddy said his was like 4 hours and mine took a total in and out of the door maybe 1.5 hours

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13101 users online. 446 members and 12655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X