300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FuriousPedant View Post

Yes. The SF 86 is your background packet that has the 160+ pages (why USSS doesn't do an electronic version eludes me).

That said, you probably want to get an updated link or something from them instead of Google, just in case there's some subtle difference between the two.
    When in the process does this usually take place after which step do you actually have to have this done?

Comment

• Originally posted by doe8 View Post

When in the process does this usually take place after which step do you actually have to have this done?
      I'm probably the wrong guy for this since I got processed as part of an ELAC--basically, I did my SAEE, panel interview, and background interview (after getting a COE in between the last two) all on the same day. I had to have the packet filled out before I attended the event, but I'm assuming they would've just thrown it away if I failed one of the first two events.

Based on my experience with Border Patrol, I would guess you have to fill out and submit the SF86 after you pass the entrance exam, but don't quote me on that. Also, you'll want to start early since the information required is so comprehensive. It's not something to try and finish an hour or two before the deadline (my own personal style as a habitual procrastinator).

Comment

you will be told when to fill it out and instruction on what to do with it.

Comment

Typically you will be asked to complete the forms after passing your panel interview and receiving a COE.

Comment

• I have my interview next week and they already sent me the SF 86, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Comment

• BI calls after the poly just started for me. I applied to the NYC ELAC in 2016. I'm optimistic the remaining steps will go quickly.

I'm actually at FLETC now for 5 weeks of computer forensics training. There is a USSS CITP class underway here. I'm glad I've got a little FLETC experience now. Hopefully, I'll be back for CITP shortly.

Comment

I have my interview next week and they already sent me the SF 86, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
                Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futuristic1811 View Post

The USSS wants to expedite the hiring process. They need bodies. That's it. However, you need to pass your panel interview. If I were you, I'd prepare for the panel and in your spare time start gathering specific information related to employment, past residences, references, and family related info.
                  typically how long after applying does it take before you are contacted for the SAEE? I applied from a private link feb 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solemncollector View Post

typically how long after applying does it take before you are contacted for the SAEE? I applied from a private link feb 16th.
                    Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Last edited by n1xem; 06-21-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

Took my field office around 9 months. Hardly the norm but obviously that can happen. I have a feeling it doesn't take that long for 99.9% of people.
                        I hope not. USSS is my number 1 choice, however it would not be wise to just sit waiting for them. Thus I want to try applying elsewhere but I am giving them a head start as I don't want a situation where I am mostly in for the USSS but i get an offer elsewhere.

Comment

• I applied as an USSS SA in April 2016. I completed Phase I by July 2016 and completed my Security Interview. As of today, I have not taken my polygraph yet. I understand and appreciate the thoroughness that this position mandates, but I really want to tear my hair out with all of this waiting.

Comment

• Following a lie detector test, will the polygraph examiner tell you pass/fail?

Comment

• Originally posted by drew5806 View Post
                              Following a lie detector test, will the polygraph examiner tell you pass/fail?
                              Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11135 users online. 403 members and 10732 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X