300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futuristic1811 View Post
    Received notification that my B.I. will start soon.
    Congrats, sounds like you passed the poly hurdle.

Comment

• took mine dec 1 and still no word

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

Congrats, sounds like you passed the poly hurdle.
        Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Hey, recent college grad here. I just applied last week from a private link that I received. I am graduating with above 3.0 with double major in Criminology and Japanese. Conversationally fluent in Japanese. I have been interning at another agency and have experience with pretty much all aspects including doing my own case investigation that results in arrests. My only issue is my vision which my Dr. couldn't say what it was in terms of 20/60 or better. I'm looking into lasik atm but my coworkers at the agency say to put that i have 20/60 or better on the application and because it takes so long to start looking into lasik and change that answer once I schedule it. (HR said the same)

How does my application look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solemncollector View Post
            Hey, recent college grad here. I just applied last week from a private link that I received. I am graduating with above 3.0 with double major in Criminology and Japanese. Conversationally fluent in Japanese. I have been interning at another agency and have experience with pretty much all aspects including doing my own case investigation that results in arrests. My only issue is my vision which my Dr. couldn't say what it was in terms of 20/60 or better. I'm looking into lasik atm but my coworkers at the agency say to put that i have 20/60 or better on the application and because it takes so long to start looking into lasik and change that answer once I schedule it. (HR said the same)

How does my application look?
            I would never suggest lying on any application. What kind of doctor do you have who can't tell you what your vision measures at? Go to a doctor who can tell you your vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

I would never suggest lying on any application. What kind of doctor do you have who can't tell you what your vision measures at? Go to a doctor who can tell you your vision.
              Thats what I told secret service HR and the agents at my internship. They told me I'm overthinking. I am planning to go get a consultation and plan a surgery before march or the first week before my Application is even looked at and change the answer to yes 20/60 without contacts or glasses and yes to having laser surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

Not true. I was told by USSS HR to check the box for 20/60 or better as I was pursuing LASIK. I got LASIK done before hiring and had no issues.

"Your application is under review."

Comment

• Originally posted by PITT17 View Post

Not true. I was told by USSS HR to check the box for 20/60 or better as I was pursuing LASIK. I got LASIK done before hiring and had no issues.
                  Wow thats ironic considering I had to turn in an eye exam form at my SAEE that was done by my eye doctor stating what my eye vision is currently not what it MIGHT be later on. Regardless it is still an untruthful admission.

Comment

How long ago did you do it? Also, did you mark that you had laser surgery in the box that asked that? It sounds like we both have similar situations haha.

Comment

• DM me SolemnCollector
                      Last edited by PITT17; 02-21-2017, 07:41 PM.
                      "Your application is under review."

Comment

DM me SolemnCollector
                        sent.

Comment

• has anyone from the NYC expedited announcement that has done their poly gotten any call or email regarding their next step? im approaching 3 months post poly and still no word

Comment

• Not breaking news but prepare for NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Futuristic1811 View Post
                              Not breaking news but prepare for NYC
                              elaborate por favor lol

Comment

• Received a conditional offer as a GL-9 about 30 minutes ago. The interview was last summer; I never heard anything afterwards so I had assumed I didn't pass it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8517 users online. 426 members and 8091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X