300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
    Isn't there an across the board hiring freeze? Maybe that's why no one is hearing anything?
    Exempts public safety, national security, military etc...a few people on here had their application referred from the recent announcement and and someone did their security interview so it seems like some parts are still moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

Exempts public safety, national security, military etc...a few people on here had their application referred from the recent announcement and and someone did their security interview so it seems like some parts are still moving.
      "Most recent announcement" as in the one that closed Jan 19th? Just wondering because that's super fast to get referred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

"Most recent announcement" as in the one that closed Jan 19th? Just wondering because that's super fast to get referred.
        It was someone who applied to the expedited announcement which I assume is the NYC one from last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

It was someone who applied to the expedited announcement which I assume is the NYC one from last year.
          Ahh gotcha. Thx

Comment

• Hey everyone just a heads up I was told during my home interview that the NYC field office will be the only location offered for the foreseeable future. Plus, every fed agency is unsure of hiring at the moment. The actual executive order does not specifically mention public safety as exempt is what I was told by my current agency.

Comment

• If that's the case, I wonder why the included so many offices on the most recent announcement.

Comment

• Someone posted this on the ATF forum. It's OPM guidance on the freeze. See section 3, subsection R -

"r. The head of any agency may exempt any positions that it deems necessary to:

i. Meet national security (including foreign relations) responsibilities, or

ii. Meet public safety responsibilities (including essential activities to the extent that they protect life and property). Agencies may refer to longstanding guidance, which provides examples of such activities in OMB Memorandum, Agency Operations in the Absence of Appropriations, dated 11/17/1981 [see examples 3(a) to 3(k)]."

https://www.chcoc.gov/content/federa...reeze-guidance

Comment

• I spoke with D.C. field office and local SAIC who said "hiring freeze" does not affect the current hiring process.

Matter-of-fact, FBI just posted another announcement. I would not sweat it.

Plus my friend just had his polygraph and he was told the same thing.
                  Last edited by Usingcarmex; 02-01-2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                    Isn't there an across the board hiring freeze? Maybe that's why no one is hearing anything?
                    https://www.chcoc.gov/content/federa...reeze-guidance

Section r under Exemptions.
                    OUT!!

Comment

• Another week and zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• I'm holding out hope for tomorrow. I went through a huge chunk of this thread and the vast majority of "just got the call" posts came on Fridays.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuriousPedant View Post
                          I'm holding out hope for tomorrow. I went through a huge chunk of this thread and the vast majority of "just got the call" posts came on Fridays.
                          I wait for Fridays every week for this reason.

Comment

• Anyone new to the forum who's had medical/HI lately?

Comment

• I had my medical and home interview last month

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                                I had my medical and home interview last month

Did your HI agent mention anything about classes or anything about location selection?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13055 users online. 496 members and 12559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X