Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have any knowledge as to whether they will allow a retest on the hearing test? I was told that I showed significant hearing loss (which is news to me) today at my medical. I really feel as though this was an error as I have had a hearing test within the last 18 months with my current job in which everything was ok. I asked the doctor if the hearing loss was enough to hinder my process and she stated that she doubt it but it was ultimately up to the medical officer. Any valid feedback would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
      Does anybody have any knowledge as to whether they will allow a retest on the hearing test? I was told that I showed significant hearing loss (which is news to me) today at my medical. I really feel as though this was an error as I have had a hearing test within the last 18 months with my current job in which everything was ok. I asked the doctor if the hearing loss was enough to hinder my process and she stated that she doubt it but it was ultimately up to the medical officer. Any valid feedback would be great. Thanks

Just my assumption, at this point they would ask you to either retest or wear hearing device.... I sent you a PM... your PM are turned off.

Comment

• Thanks....pm is on now.

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

I'm post poly and didn't get word on pass/fail. Only moved on to med/drug test and that's how I knew. Currently waiting for the call.
          hey i am currently waiting for the Call too. my home interview was on April 2016 and it's been quiet since then. What is your timelime if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Originally posted by justinlong View Post
            hey i am currently waiting for the Call too. my home interview was on April 2016 and it's been quiet since then. What is your timelime if you don't mind me asking?
            That's awhile to wait. I'd call/email to see what's going on. At my home interview they said I'd be gone by Christmas, but I had a medical follow up come through, so just waiting now.
            Last edited by n1xem; 01-05-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'd call your FO that's a very long time. Most people get the "call" within a month from my understanding.

Comment

Thanks....pm is on now.
                PM sent

Comment

That's awhile to wait. I'd call/email to see what's going on. At my home interview they said I'd be gone by Christmas, but I had a medical follow up come through, so just waiting now. My timeline is:

SAEE Nov 2015
                  Super May 2016
                  COE July 2016
                  SI July 2016
                  Poly Sept 2016
                  Medical Oct 2016
                  BI Oct/Nov 2016
                  HI Nov 2016
                  i called and they said my background is on hold. it had been on hold since my home interview. don't know whats going on. the agents that did my home interview told me that i would receive a call 3-4 weeks after my home interview because i needed agents so bad but haven't heard anything since. I applied on June 2015 and took SAEE on Nove2015 too..

Comment

i called and they said my background is on hold. it had been on hold since my home interview. don't know whats going on. the agents that did my home interview told me that i would receive a call 3-4 weeks after my home interview because i needed agents so bad but haven't heard anything since. I applied on June 2015 and took SAEE on Nove2015 too..
                    I'd try and get more answers if I could. That's a long time to wait from your home interview especially if they are losing more people than they can hire. I'm hoping to get the call soon but I had some extra med follow ups so that's why I didn't get a call right away after the HI. Right now I'm 100% done and waiting for the call. Not sure on any class dates coming up but I'm assuming they're going to have quite a few.

Comment

• I am one month post poly and still no communication. I called SASupport and they said that i am still in process. Don't know if that is good, bad or doesn't mean anything. A buddy of mine took the poly and less than a week later got a "no longer being considered" email. I am one month in and still no correspondence. any insight is welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                        I am one month post poly and still no communication. I called SASupport and they said that i am still in process. Don't know if that is good, bad or doesn't mean anything. A buddy of mine took the poly and less than a week later got a "no longer being considered" email. I am one month in and still no correspondence. any insight is welcome

Thats a good sign. I got call after 3 weeks... I had to take two. First one took 90 days to get the call for second one.

Comment

Does anybody have any knowledge as to whether they will allow a retest on the hearing test? I was told that I showed significant hearing loss (which is news to me) today at my medical. I really feel as though this was an error as I have had a hearing test within the last 18 months with my current job in which everything was ok. I asked the doctor if the hearing loss was enough to hinder my process and she stated that she doubt it but it was ultimately up to the medical officer. Any valid feedback would be great. Thanks
                          I went in today to have my TB test read and mention to the nurse that I never heard anything in the right headphone. She asked if I wanted to take it again which I happily said yes. This test resulted in me having normal hearing in both ears. Very greatful to god and that nurse for allowing me to take it a second time. She also mention that they are trying to get me in Tuesday's class. So I will see what happens.

Comment

I went in today to have my TB test read and mention to the nurse that I never heard anything in the right headphone. She asked if I wanted to take it again which I happily said yes. This test resulted in me having normal hearing in both ears. Very greatful to god and that nurse for allowing me to take it a second time. She also mention that they are trying to get me in Tuesday's class. So I will see what happens.
                            That'd be fast for the Tuesday class. I was hoping to be put in that one since I'm completely done with the process now.

Comment

That'd be fast for the Tuesday class. I was hoping to be put in that one since I'm completely done with the process now.
                              Did you apply to the NYC announcement?

Comment

Did you apply to the NYC announcement?
                                I did not. I'm a Feb 2015 applicant but didn't take the SAEE until November 2015. I would assume they're trying to get more of the NYC applicants pushed through for obvious reasons.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9098 users online. 283 members and 8815 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X