300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but know what you are getting into, especially if you're married.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.054b00b027ab
    Wow! I guess I dodged a bullet.
    OUT!!

Comment

• deleted because no1 responded.
      Last edited by ShockTroopDevilDog; 12-22-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post

Glad to hear jt went well!

Next you get sent a COE, complete the security clearance paperwork, then the security interview, polygraph, and then the medical comes.

For those asking what typical times between steps are, just depends and I havent really noticed a trend. Its whenever HQ says. Could be a month, could be six months, could be a year!
        Okay, thanks for the response. They made it sound like medical would be next but I wasn't sure.

Comment

• has anyone gotten word good or bad after taking the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
            has anyone gotten word good or bad after taking the polygraph?
            I'm post poly and didn't get word on pass/fail. Only moved on to med/drug test and that's how I knew. Currently waiting for the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by n1xem View Post

I'm post poly and didn't get word on pass/fail. Only moved on to med/drug test and that's how I knew. Currently waiting for the call.
              ye you don't get word if you passed the poly. only if you fail. if you are done with medical/drug then you are in the clear congrats. i took my poly 3 weeks ago and still no word. i was part of the NYFO ELAC expedited hire and still patiently awaiting the call for medical. anyone else part of the NY announcement from October?

Comment

• How long after medical do you get the "call"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Usingcarmex View Post
                  How long after medical do you get the "call"?
                  The next day...

Comment

• Applied: 09/16

Notice of Test Eligibility: 10/16

Written Test: 11/16 same day pass/fail followed by a job brief and Q&A with agents - NYC

Eye Test: 11/16 local area

Super Interview: 11/16 turned in 162 page background packet - same day conditional job offer - DC area

Polygraph: 12/16 cancelled by agency due to priority security details - awaiting reschedule

I've driven 3,800 miles and flown another 2,300 miles, totaling roughly $2.5k in personal expenses. Considering the age cut off is 37, and I recently turned 36, I couldn't be happier to invest in the expedited hiring process.

Comment

• That's fast!

Comment

• Anyone know academy start date past Jan 2? Thx

Comment

• ***Delete***
                          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• anyone from the NYC announcement get contacted post poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                              An answer to a question i was asked (private message) that may be of use to everyone: "which office should I stay away from"

I wont tell you to stay away from any office because its counterproductive. If you really want to be an agent you will go to ANY office. If you are given options then it would make more sense to choose your offices carefully. It also depends on individual circumstances and preferences.

For instance: DC, Philly, Newark, NYC, LA are all protection heavy offices. You dont know if you like protection yet but if you turn out to be an agent that doesnt like protection, you may hate those first four offices. LA does a lot of protection but their protection is different. In LA its more celebrity events, parties, award shows, shopping, vacation type protection, whereas the other places are more business like.

Those NE offices rarely can get investigations done, especially DC, due to protection, whereas LA still manages to do Investigations, even during the campaign year, although at a slower rate.

TAKE WHAT ANY AGENT TELLS YOU ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES, WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. Everybodies experience is going to be different.

For instance, the year before last I didnt evn go to the UN and at this year's UN, I had a blast. My friend didnt, and we held the same position at the UN. Another example, some people have gotten crushed this campaign season. We all felt it but i never complain because i know I didnt feel it as much as others. Why? My boss hates protection, even though he is good at it, so he does a good job of keeping his squad off the road.

This year for the RNC/DNC, my entire squad was in the office, running surveillances. Other squads dont like it but hey, if he is able to get away with it, it is what it is. He told us straight up that he doesnt care that it is a campaign season, we will still conduct investigations and we did, and we did well.

I Tell you those anecdotes because the bottom line is you have to see for yourself. Dont let anyone else reality become your reality. People will read news articles about how bad the agency is and change their mind or those that have gotten BQA will say something like, "i guess its a good thing i didnt go, as if they are attempting to make theirselves feel better about being BQA, but for me, i have had nothing but a blast.

This year I hit 12 Countries, took my family with me to 3 of them.

Every agency has their problems and whatever that problem is, generally sucks pretty bad. But for what i want to do, post agency, this is the best place for me to be. When I can no longer leverage what i need, i will move on. Its a business.

Seems like I am off on a tangent but it directly relates to the question. So continuing, if this agency ever became protection only, I would leave as soon as I am done with phase two. In fact i would leave in the middle of phase two. So if i was in an office like DC that was always doing protection, i would tell you about how much i hate it and stay away from it but thats just my personal preference. I would also try to stay away from Chicago and Detroit cause i dont like Detroit or the Midwest and i hate cold winters. I talked to two guys this week who love DC and NY and a third who said dont ever come to NY.

Cost of living is self explanatory you can figure out whats best for you based off of circumstance.

You will have a gov so you can stay far away from the field office if you like. Anything over 49 miles will require a waiver.

They are about to have some vacancies to staff the NY field office only so you may not get a choice.

I personally like big offices over small offices.

I hope this answers your question.
                              I agree with you 100%. People need to stop making decisions based on someone else's experience . That makes no sense to me. Everyone that's applied to the SS applied for a reason with the hopes of getting selected. Yes I'm sure it can be very difficult to spend time with the family but that's the sacrifice of the job.
                              I know I've said this before on this board that the Agents are not doing this job for themselves. They are doing it to put their families in a better situation and people need to stop bad mouthing what they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Agent View Post

I agree with you 100%. People need to stop making decisions based on someone else's experience . That makes no sense to me. Everyone that's applied to the SS applied for a reason with the hopes of getting selected. Yes I'm sure it can be very difficult to spend time with the family but that's the sacrifice of the job.
                                I know I've said this before on this board that the Agents are not doing this job for themselves. They are doing it to put their families in a better situation and people need to stop bad mouthing what they do.
                                Yup. We all gripe and thats a normal thing, with any job, but you have those thats always complaining...i tell them "so quit", (literally, i will tell them that.)

they never do.
                                Last edited by Bronc_smith; 12-28-2016, 05:56 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4003 users online. 195 members and 3808 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X