300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bifsha4 View Post
    Where does the Secret Service post their job announcements? Interested on applying for future openings
    On Usajobs.gov. Search on there for postings. I don't know when the next Special Agent posting will be, but it's always worth to check for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by NTTrooper View Post

On Usajobs.gov. Search on there for postings. I don't know when the next Special Agent posting will be, but it's always worth to check for anything.
      Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraud Investigator View Post

What other kind of assignments can one choose from?
        Fraud Investigator, I don't know exactly what kind of assignments that have specifically for after your protective detail. I asked my BI and he stated that they can be special task forces dedicated to a specific crime, or protective details if you want to stay in that work. But like I mentioned I don't know the specific assignments you can take on.

Comment

• ***Delete***
          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post

This info is somewhat right but also not accurate.

first phase=4 years in field office then you start processing for 2nd phase.

second phase= is 6 years. some duties will make it 8 years

third phase: you cant stay on "the protection detail" but you can go to a former president or back to the field or HQ assignments.

also good luck in your process
            Yeah thanks for correcting. Even the SA at my local field office gave me different time frames for each phase. So I guess it can be different for everyone.

Thanks! Just waiting to be scheduled for the poly.

Comment

• ***Delete***
              Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• ok ladies and germs, spill the poly stories and the end results

Comment

• I think you're better off not hearing the stories...uncomfortable doesn't begin to describe the experiences I heard, and that was from 3 people who were hired this year.

Comment

• Have fun guys/gals! I'm seeing many USSS agents jumping over to both my agency and FBI in masses. I guess protection sucks.

Comment

• Protection is the reason I am stepping away from continuing the recent NY only posting. During the NY ELAC, the assistant to the SAC spoke for an hour about the job and her experience (I guess it is the replacement for the home interview) which really opened my eyes to the protection phase.

Also, for those wondering, the NY process ELAC, which occurred over this past weekend, will have those candidates who make it through all the way in an academy by early 2017. Talk about a < 6 month process from application to academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                        Protection is the reason I am stepping away from continuing the recent NY only posting. During the NY ELAC, the assistant to the SAC spoke for an hour about the job and her experience (I guess it is the replacement for the home interview) which really opened my eyes to the protection phase.

Also, for those wondering, the NY process ELAC, which occurred over this past weekend, will have those candidates who make it through all the way in an academy by early 2017. Talk about a < 6 month process from application to academy.
                        It's weird that you would reach a decision of what protection is like without experiencing it for yourself, just because of what someone else tells you. some agents absolutely hate protection, so they won't have much positive to say. That agent's discomfort doesn't necessarily apply to the next agent and for every one that hates it, there is one that lives it. ijs

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post

It's weird that you would reach a decision of what protection is like without experiencing it for yourself, just because of what someone else tells you. some agents absolutely hate protection, so they won't have much positive to say. That agent's discomfort doesn't necessarily apply to the next agent and for every one that hates it, there is one that lives it. ijs
                          I see what you mean but there are a lot more factors I obviously omitted which swayed my decision. In fact, the assistant to the SAC loved protection and spoke very positively about it. It is more the required move to DC, overseas travel (more than I would like), and "beginner" posts (like guarding an empty stairwell for 12 hours) and a couple other factors that made up my mind. I'm looking to stick with criminal investigations with any of the multiple agencies I am processing with as well. Regardless, best of luck to everyone going through the process!

Comment

• Anyone hearing any rumors about future announcements?

Comment

• ***Delete***
                              Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Hello

does anyone when the next academy is?

thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5731 users online. 355 members and 5376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X