Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who got the call, how long after the home interview did it take to get it?

Comment

• Anyone know what happens if you don't pass the fit test when you get to FLETC?

Comment

• Secret service will give you a pt test in the first week. If you don't score 10 points you will do remidial pt at 5 am mon wensday and fri. Get the 10 points

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn hkr View Post
          Anyone know what happens if you don't pass the fit test when you get to FLETC?
          Don't let PT be the reason you lose your job. That would be unsat. Plenty of time to train for a test that is easy.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the normal timeframe is to hear back after the security interview? I had mine last month and have not heard anything about the poly yet. I wasn't sure if the election was slowing things down for anyone

Comment

• I had my poly about three weeks after my SI.

Comment

• Is the Super Interview the same thing as the SI interview?

Comment

• No. LeatherNeck is referring to the security interview.

Comment

• So the PT doesn't come into play until you make it to FLETC, not prior to arriving?

Comment

• Originally posted by nevergiveup725 View Post
                      So the PT doesn't come into play until you make it to FLETC, not prior to arriving?
                      I'm sure it could come into play at anytime, but for me the only mention of PT was during a call from USSS medical team who asked what my PT levels were and asked me to fill out a self-PT form and send it to them during my medical follow up. They also told me to get in the habit of running 5+ days a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
                        Secret service will give you a pt test in the first week. If you don't score 10 points you will do remidial pt at 5 am mon wensday and fri. Get the 10 points
                        How does the point system work? I'm confident in the run and sit-ups, but the upper body (push ups and chin ups) are getting to me. Being a female it's a lot harder to get a strong upper body than it is for males. I've been working on it for months and I now have a trainer that has set up a 2 week plan to get me to where I need to be....but I'm still nervous.

Comment

• Is it true that agents go through 3 career phases where the first is investigations and second is protection? So a new agent should expect to work strictly investigations for the first few years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                            Is it true that agents go through 3 career phases where the first is investigations and second is protection? So a new agent should expect to work strictly investigations for the first few years?
                            Yes, after you pass al the hiring phases they either give you a couple choices or they give you a designated city for which you can accept your employment. After completing FLETC and the USSS academy you will serve about 5-7 years at that field office in investigations but you will also be working protection details if any dignitaries are planning visits in your area or if POTUS decides to travel near you.

After those 5-6 years you will be moving to D.C. to work a protection detail only with either the president or another figure for about 3-5 years.

Following those 3-5 years you can choose to either stay on the protection details, choose a field office, or they have other assignments you can choose.

Most of of this info is on their website. Or if you are in the process just ask your BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by NTTrooper View Post

Following those 3-5 years you can choose to either stay on the protection details, choose a field office, or they have other assignments you can choose.

Most of of this info is on their website. Or if you are in the process just ask your BI.
                              What other kind of assignments can one choose from?

Comment

• Where does the Secret Service post their job announcements? Interested on applying for future openings

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4577 users online. 247 members and 4330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X