Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here part of the upcoming CITP class, traveling tomorrow to GA? If you are, please PM me. Thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the most recent processes implemented the APAT? Or does anyone know when they are going to re-implement it? I heard they were bringing it back and their current website timeline includes the APAT in the process but I cannot find the physical standards online. I clicked an old link to the APAT but it is now dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
        Does anyone know if the most recent processes implemented the APAT? Or does anyone know when they are going to re-implement it? I heard they were bringing it back and their current website timeline includes the APAT in the process but I cannot find the physical standards online. I clicked an old link to the APAT but it is now dead.
        http://www.secretservice.gov/join/training/fitness/

Comment

• Appreciate the effort but that is not the APAT fitness standards as stated in the first sentence of the page:

"The below training fitness standards are different from the Applicant Physical Abilities Test (APAT) fitness standards."

Comment

• Found out why I was booted from the hiring process. Everything in my background is clean except for torrenting. Torrenting is what got me booted. They told me anyone that torrented anything after a certain date, the agent I spoke with wasn't sure on the date, is DQ regardless of how strong of a candidate they are. He went on to mention this is creating huge problems for them as the targeting age group for hiring is people that grew up with torrenting, and they are having to remove more qualified candidates from the hiring process due to torrenting than any other issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
              Found out why I was booted from the hiring process. Everything in my background is clean except for torrenting. Torrenting is what got me booted. They told me anyone that torrented anything after a certain date, the agent I spoke with wasn't sure on the date, is DQ regardless of how strong of a candidate they are. He went on to mention this is creating huge problems for them as the targeting age group for hiring is people that grew up with torrenting, and they are having to remove more qualified candidates from the hiring process due to torrenting than any other issue.
              That's sad that torrenting is a DQ'able offense. It really doesn't even exist anymore. The had to be like 15 years ago. I am willing to bet that everyone was a different person fifteen years ago. I am willing to bet that 15 years ago some of you were not even adults yet. I'm sorry for that SoutoXS, but this set back might be a set up for a comeback, so hang in there.
              OUT!!

Comment

• Torrenting? Like downloading music??
                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Found out why I was booted from the hiring process. Everything in my background is clean except for torrenting. Torrenting is what got me booted. They told me anyone that torrented anything after a certain date, the agent I spoke with wasn't sure on the date, is DQ regardless of how strong of a candidate they are. He went on to mention this is creating huge problems for them as the targeting age group for hiring is people that grew up with torrenting, and they are having to remove more qualified candidates from the hiring process due to torrenting than any other issue.
                  If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was your torrenting that DQ'd you?

I almost think my Factor V got lost. 7 months post SI and the lady on the phone told me, I don't see it in the system.... let me shoot some emails out snd gey back to you

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
                    Torrenting? Like downloading music??
                    yes

My torrenting ran from 6th grade, whatever age that was, until the day of my Factor V (was just about to turn 28 so we are talking like 15 years) lol. That day the interviewing agent told me it wasn't a problem, but to stop immediately for the polygraph...which I did. 4 months later I was booted. So this was like March of this year that I had my Factor V. The cutoff date for torrenting is like 2012 or earlier apparently, my 'insider' wasn't 100% on that, but is finding out for me. They say sometimes they are more flexible depending on how MUCH you downloaded, but...I downloaded over the course of my illustrious torrenting career tens of thousands of songs/movies

Comment

yes

My torrenting ran from 6th grade, whatever age that was, until the day of my Factor V (was just about to turn 28 so we are talking like 15 years) lol. That day the interviewing agent told me it wasn't a problem, but to stop immediately for the polygraph...which I did. 4 months later I was booted. So this was like March of this year that I had my Factor V. The cutoff date for torrenting is like 2012 or earlier apparently, my 'insider' wasn't 100% on that, but is finding out for me. They say sometimes they are more flexible depending on how MUCH you downloaded, but...I downloaded over the course of my illustrious torrenting career tens of thousands of songs/movies
                      did this issue come up during the polygraph or during the security interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post

did this issue come up during the polygraph or during the security interview?
                        They asked me about it during the security interview, because it would be on the polygraph (according to the interviewing agent). So I fessed up of course, because I didn't want any surprises on the Poly. She told me it was no big deal so long as I stopped....3-4 months later disqualified while waiting on the poly. There's nothing else wrong in my background. No: Tickets, Drug Use, Criminal Issues, Debts, Family Issues, etc... the only thing 'wrong' is the torrenting, and even though I agreed to stop forever I was still booted for it.

Comment

• You can still try and apply again right? If this is something you really want just keep trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Agent View Post
                            You can still try and apply again right? If this is something you really want just keep trying.
                            They said I could, but until they change their 'cutoff' for when you needed to stop torrenting I'll never get in, and I'll always be stopped at the same point.

Comment

• Torrenting? Lol, that's amazing. I mean I get it but like everyone who is 30 and had a computer is probably guilty of downloading music or movies at sometime with in the past 10-15 years.

Comment

• It was Napster and Limewire when I was a youngster
                                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12222 users online. 458 members and 11764 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X