Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my LASIK evaluation today and they scheduled my surgery for early next month. During the three month wait period, does everything in the process stop? I'm waiting to take the poly so I was hoping the process would proceed in the mean time. Also, do I need to update my FO or DC?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• If u did your medical exam already, yes I would tell them. If u don't they would send u a DQ letter stating u didn't meet the vision requirements "at the time" of your Med Exam. So it's best to send it to them after a couple weeks it heals or when u are 20/60 or better. LASIK heals much faster than PRK BC u retain a flap over your eyes. Unlike PRK u have no flap, but your chances of infection are decrease using PRK because there is no flap to infect you. The 3 month wait period will be from the time of the actually surgery to present. The sooner u get it the better. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• If you get a DQ letter, do you have to reapply or will they reactivate your application?

Comment

• If there was something medically wrong usually they allow u 30 days to give them additional documentation for reconsideration, if u don't send it then they would drop u. The DQ letter is when it done all together. Sorry if I didn't explain it fully. Bayranger may can tell u more. U can always apply again if I'm not mistaken, I was told that the SAEE test was good for 10 years or something like that but who knows, things change all the time. I been in the process now for 3 years and some change, but hopefully soon I will get a call. I just train like I'm still in the NFL and play fantasy football in the mean time to past the time while I wait for my fate to be determined. " The key to patience is to do something in the mean time"! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ericville View Post
            I had my LASIK evaluation today and they scheduled my surgery for early next month. During the three month wait period, does everything in the process stop? I'm waiting to take the poly so I was hoping the process would proceed in the mean time. Also, do I need to update my FO or DC?

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to get Lasik done during the process which has been going very fast for me. All is left is the medical. I'm going to contact the field office and see what my options are.

Comment

• Originally posted by NFL_Camp_Body View Post
              If there was something medically wrong usually they allow u 30 days to give them additional documentation for reconsideration, if u don't send it then they would drop u. The DQ letter is when it done all together. Sorry if I didn't explain it fully. Bayranger may can tell u more. U can always apply again if I'm not mistaken, I was told that the SAEE test was good for 10 years or something like that but who knows, things change all the time. I been in the process now for 3 years and some change, but hopefully soon I will get a call. I just train like I'm still in the NFL and play fantasy football in the mean time to past the time while I wait for my fate to be determined. " The key to patience is to do something in the mean time"! Lol

No you're right, NFL (coolest name ever, FTR). I went out technically on a "medical eligibility" (as opposed to a DQ / BQA) that I had 30 days to resubmit new documentation for review. Unfortunately I didn't have anything new to submit as it was already a follow-up to begin with. My doctor actually cleared me (I've been cleared several times during my FLEO career) but The Service said thanks but no thanks (I'm paraphrasing).
              Here's the main body of what they actually said via the email:

"After a careful review, our Secret Service Reviewing Physician has determined that you do not meet the medical standards for the Special Agent position.

If you would like your medical eligibility to be re-evaluated, you must submit a letter to the Chief, Talent and Employee Acquisition Management Division (TAD), requesting reconsideration, along with new supporting medical documentation from your doctor. You must send this documentation within 30 calendar days of the date of this email. Requests for reconsideration submitted after the deadline will not be considered. If you do not request reconsideration, your conditional job offer will be considered rescinded, and your application for the Special Agent position will be closed."

Maybe this info helps someone.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone
              Last edited by bayranger; 08-10-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NFL_Camp_Body View Post
                If there was something medically wrong usually they allow u 30 days to give them additional documentation for reconsideration, if u don't send it then they would drop u. The DQ letter is when it done all together. Sorry if I didn't explain it fully. Bayranger may can tell u more. U can always apply again if I'm not mistaken, I was told that the SAEE test was good for 10 years or something like that but who knows, things change all the time. I been in the process now for 3 years and some change, but hopefully soon I will get a call. I just train like I'm still in the NFL and play fantasy football in the mean time to past the time while I wait for my fate to be determined. " The key to patience is to do something in the mean time"! Lol

Did you have to take another POLY?
                OUT!!

Comment

• No sir I did not have to take another Poly. They say the Poly is good for a year. Mine won't be up until October or November 2016. Hopefully in one of these 2 classes they got to fill by the fiscal year ends.

Comment

• Recently received a BQA letter about 2 weeks after completing my Security Interview. Do I need to submit a FOIA request to find out the details behind their decision..or is there any other way? I have emailed the FO, but they have not responded as of yet. Also can I reapply..or is this the end of the road?

Comment

• ***Delete***
                      Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                        Recently received a BQA letter about 2 weeks after completing my Security Interview. Do I need to submit a FOIA request to find out the details behind their decision..or is there any other way? I have emailed the FO, but they have not responded as of yet. Also can I reapply..or is this the end of the road?
                        Had one of my friends go through. He said
                        He was alittle hesitant to to move to Washington down the line but that it would be possible if things played out right.

Instant DQ. Lol

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by Terp21; 09-20-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone who has taken and passed the written test in the past 3-4 months been contacted for an interview? Took the test in May, just curious. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chifan12 View Post
                              Has anyone who has taken and passed the written test in the past 3-4 months been contacted for an interview? Took the test in May, just curious. Thanks.
                              I took the test the last week in June and had my SUPER interview the first week in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chifan12 View Post
                                Has anyone who has taken and passed the written test in the past 3-4 months been contacted for an interview? Took the test in May, just curious. Thanks.
                                Took the test June 28th and have my interview tomorrow, August 17th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5384 users online. 289 members and 5095 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X