300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
    The only time they discussed compensation was when they wanted me to travel to DC and that was just paying for my flight and hotel otherwise everything is on you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
    I was hoping they'd atleast cover the hotel and flight, which is what other agencies do after you have passed the exam.

If they never looked out for your well being at any point in the process than that would be a red flag and further explain their 319 of 320 in low morale.

Thank you for the information

PS: like the majority of you I can afford it, but alot of people on the 500 plus pages of this thread were given a denial somewhere in the process and that's alot of cash to flush down the toilet. Especially if you consider the process involved with applying to multiple agencies.
    Last edited by Spartan1371; 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM.
    USMS timeline
    Applied:June 2016
    Rating 99
    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
    Fed LEO (6 years)
    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• ***Delete***
      Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
        I was hoping they'd atleast cover the hotel and flight, which is what other agencies do after you have passed the exam.

If they never looked out for your well being at any point in the process than that would be a red flag and further explain their 319 of 320 in low morale.

Thank you for the information

PS: like the majority of you I can afford it, but alot of people on the 500 plus pages of this thread were given a denial somewhere in the process and that's alot of cash to flush down the toilet. Especially if you consider the process involved with applying to multiple agencies.
        I get why you ask. Other agencies reimburse some costs. It does suck spending money (in general, always, on anything) but if it's worth it for the shot, you do it. Supply and Demand for USSS, I guess. If they needed to foot the bill to get people to apply, they would. They're not hurting for applicants apparently. I know they spent more money on me than I did on them to get through my process.
        Would I have liked to be reimbursed all my expenses? Heck yeah. But I had no problem footing the bill (decision-wise... Not bank account-wise) for the opportunity. It is what it is.
        Unless a bunch of people boycott USSS SA hiring process, I doubt they'll change it. But the people that for REAL real want the job will happily (OK maybe not happily) pay associated costs and move through the process while the others are boycotting.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
          I get why you ask. Other agencies reimburse some costs. It does suck spending money (in general, always, on anything) but if it's worth it for the shot, you do it. Supply and Demand for USSS, I guess. If they needed to foot the bill to get people to apply, they would. They're not hurting for applicants apparently. I know they spent more money on me than I did on them to get through my process.
          Would I have liked to be reimbursed all my expenses? Heck yeah. But I had no problem footing the bill (decision-wise... Not bank account-wise) for the opportunity. It is what it is.
          Unless a bunch of people boycott USSS SA hiring process, I doubt they'll change it. But the people that for REAL real want the job will happily (OK maybe not happily) pay associated costs and move through the process while the others are boycotting.

Absolutely! It's a forum so it's easy to come off wrong, and to some people I most certainly did because they either didn't make it through the process and wish they had or they are a current agent and fully understand the prestige that comes with making it. A little like when I enlisted into the Marines and the other guy in the room was laughed out of the office when he asked about a bonus...lol

I only asked because it's plainly written in the FAQ sections of the other agencies websites and I could not find it on the USSS one.

You do however start to see a pattern of behavior with how an agency treats prospective recruits, I think anyone who has been through a federal hiring process can relate with that.

Either way I would be ecstatic to work for the USSS and I'll happily be at the appointments I'm blessed with regardless of reimbursement.

Thanks for understanding my initial meaning
          USMS timeline
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

Absolutely! It's a forum so it's easy to come off wrong, and to some people I most certainly did because they either didn't make it through the process and wish they had or they are a current agent and fully understand the prestige that comes with making it. A little like when I enlisted into the Marines and the other guy in the room was laughed out of the office when he asked about a bonus...lol

I only asked because it's plainly written in the FAQ sections of the other agencies websites and I could not find it on the USSS one.

You do however start to see a pattern of behavior with how an agency treats prospective recruits, I think anyone who has been through a federal hiring process can relate with that.

Either way I would be ecstatic to work for the USSS and I'll happily be at the appointments I'm blessed with regardless of reimbursement.

Thanks for understanding my initial meaning
            Outside of the trip to DC for medical...what else would they need to compensate for during the hiring process? I'm waiting on polygraph, and no $$ has been spent yet

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
              Outside of the trip to DC for medical...what else would they need to compensate for during the hiring process? I'm waiting on polygraph, and no $$ has been spent yet

They don't NEED to compensate anyone, but other agencies will have you test and then any meetings after that they will cover your flight and hotel depending on distance. For example the fitness test, panel interview, medical, and poly would all be seperate events that they would compensate you for. Not all of us live inside the city that we are testing at.

For example, I'll be driving 7 hours round trip, since they want me at the test site early and there is a time zone change I would have to leave my house at 3am in a 2 piece suit to make it to the test site on time. Obviously that's inviting Murphys law so I'm getting a hotel room. Easily a $250 trip just to test. It's not going to break the bank by any means but that's an example.
              Last edited by Spartan1371; 08-07-2016, 06:42 PM.
              USMS timeline
              Rating 99

10 pt Vet
              Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

Not all of us live inside the city that we are testing at.
                I think that's the key point. For some, it's relatively free, save gas money and perhaps time off current job. For others, like yourself, it could be $1,000+ if you go to all steps and have to travel. That's a pretty fat chunk of change... for me, at least. So I understand you asking.
                But again, it is what it is and they seem to be getting plenty of applicants so I doubt they'll change it.
                If I didn't think I had a strong chance of making it through and getting an offer (and be willing to accept a NYC, LA, etc), I'd probably bow out if it wasn't one of my top couple of agency choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                  I think that's the key point. For some, it's relatively free, save gas money and perhaps time off current job. For others, like yourself, it could be $1,000+ if you go to all steps and have to travel. That's a pretty fat chunk of change... for me, at least. So I understand you asking.
                  But again, it is what it is and they seem to be getting plenty of applicants so I doubt they'll change it.
                  If I didn't think I had a strong chance of making it through and getting an offer (and be willing to accept a NYC, LA, etc), I'd probably bow out if it wasn't one of my top couple of agency choices.

I agree 100%! I'm willing to hang on as long as they let me lol.
                  USMS timeline
                  Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                  Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• I was waiting for my polygraph when I received a call from DC advising they are reviewing my application to expedite it. We're reviewing my medical and learned my uncorrected vision is now 20/80. I completely forgot about the service's strict vision requirements. So it's LASIK or bust for me at this point... Just a friendly reminder for those in the pipeline that have vision issues....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by ericville; 08-07-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• I just had my 6 month wait period on my vision end on the 8-4-16, I had the PRK done and I'm at 20/20 with ease. Hopefully I get the call for FLETC soon. I think u may have a 3 month wait with LASIK. I can see much better now, I probably would've had more interceptions in training camp and made the team if I had the vision corrected earlier! Lol Hang in there man and get that LASIK! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm taking the SAEE August 18th in Dallas. I applied to the April 27th announcement. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Comment

• Stay motivated everyone.

Comment

They don't NEED to compensate anyone, but other agencies will have you test and then any meetings after that they will cover your flight and hotel depending on distance. For example the fitness test, panel interview, medical, and poly would all be seperate events that they would compensate you for. Not all of us live inside the city that we are testing at.

For example, I'll be driving 7 hours round trip, since they want me at the test site early and there is a time zone change I would have to leave my house at 3am in a 2 piece suit to make it to the test site on time. Obviously that's inviting Murphys law so I'm getting a hotel room. Easily a $250 trip just to test. It's not going to break the bank by any means but that's an example.
                            I know they don't 'need' to. Poor choice of words. Was just wondering why anyone would 'want' them too. For some reason it didn't occur to me that not everyone lives 20 minutes away from their FO. I am one of the lucky ones. I apologize

Comment

• Originally posted by ericville View Post
                              I was waiting for my polygraph when I received a call from DC advising they are reviewing my application to expedite it. We're reviewing my medical and learned my uncorrected vision is now 20/80. I completely forgot about the service's strict vision requirements. So it's LASIK or bust for me at this point... Just a friendly reminder for those in the pipeline that have vision issues....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                              Got SPK surgery over a year ago for this very reason. My uncorrected vision was 20/270. Basically blind as a bat. Now I don't need glasses for any reason and it's 20/20

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                                Got SPK surgery over a year ago for this very reason. My uncorrected vision was 20/270. Basically blind as a bat. Now I don't need glasses for any reason and it's 20/20
                                That's awesome!
                                USMS timeline
                                Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                                Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10764 users online. 382 members and 10382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X