300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Delete***
    Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
      The maxout got lifted to 170k
      [emoji46]

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Well that wasn't the "shock and awe" emoji I was going for...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
          Shake some chicken bones, look at a magic eight ball, or sacrifice a goat probably your best bet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
          I used to do all these things, but they told me to stop during Factor V because it would come up on the polygraph

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
            Well that wasn't the "shock and awe" emoji I was going for...

Yeah it looks more like you are disappointed lol
            OUT!!

Comment

• Is locality pay calculated using base+LEAP or using just base?

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                Is locality pay calculated using base+LEAP or using just base?
                Both

Comment

• I want to thank all the Special Agents that come back to this blog to answer and give insight to hopeful agents like myself and others. I have been in the process for about 3 years (June 2013) and some change since my NFL dreams were cut short! Lol I see patience is virtue with this process. I thought getting a shot with a NFL team was hard, until this opportunity came along. I have question for anyone that may know the answer, I just past my 6 months of clearance from my PRK eye procedure (2-4-2016 til 8-4-2016). I got a reconsider letter in 03/2016, which I replied back with updated info. I was told I would have to wait 6 months from the procedure. I faxed in my medical review form 8-4-16. Does anyone know how long it takes to clear you from medical once u past your 6 months period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                    To play DA...who's to say that those applicants are highly qualified? ( I didn't say that...I was giving an example)

My personal opinion. Is that you could take someone who isn't highly qualified and teach them how to be an investigator.

Anyway, the short explanation is, if everyone is in fact highly qualified, someone has to get denied. It's like the NFL, everyone can't make the team. Maybe not this year, or maybe another team will grab you. +1 to recruit_1 comments as well. Additionally, you can have all the experience in the world, if it isn't articulated well in your resume, it will reflect in your scores. All of your interviews with panel members, factor v, structured interview...etc, are scored. Once again, this will determine where you fall in the crowd vs what experience you claim to have (that may not have been articulated)

*short story* I was looking at a friend's resume, whom I know has a lot of investigative experience. After looking for about 5 mins, I told him he may not even get invited to the saee, much less be favorable at the Panel.
                    His particular issue was that he bulletized (sp)
                    His duties but after reading the 7 pgs of his resume, you still wouldn't know what HE actually brought to the table, you just knew what was expected of him.

I can tell you for a fact, we see a lot of sh*itty resumes and they are ridiculed often. These are little things that will affect you come game time. People often ask what else they can study outside of the SAEE studyguide to help them prepare for the SAEE. The answer is...all you need to study is what was given to you. If you want to study something outside of the SAEE guide, you should study how to write a FEDERAL resume.

As far as understaffed issues...I keep repeating this over and over. It 's not like the service is sitting around hoping to fill classes like "oh I wish we could get some qualified applicants so we can have an academy, we need help"

Classes are being filled regularly, THEY ARE NOT having a hard time filling these seats. Just a week ago a class was filled, so the understaffed thing that is often referred to is old.

Not saying the service isn't understaffed but classes are consistently filled.

GL!
                    Bronc_smith -You kept it real on that one! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NFL_Camp_Body View Post
                      Bronc_smith -You kept it real on that one! Lol

Bronc spoke some majestic truth on the resume points.
                      People should spend days, not hours, formulating their OPM resume before applying to all these fed gigs. Once you put together a detailed, bulleted resume, you'll start seeing a dramatic increase in referrals for positions. That's if you are currently submitting the classic private sector 1-2 page concise summary resume with stuff like "protected the citizens of Smith County by enforcing the law" as your whole job description.
                      Put the time and effort in up front and it'll pay off in the future as you apply for jobs. Then all you have to do is keep up with your accomplishments and skills as you go along and update your resume sporadically.

Comment

• Deleted this post.
                        Last edited by statetpr31; 08-27-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by statetpr31 View Post
                          I had a similar issue and after about 6 months of waiting, I decided to reach out to the ASAIC who did my SI and he called and told me that sometimes issues happen with so many applications and that he made a phone call, and the next day I received information that they pulled my credit report etc for the next step. You might want to reach out to someone locally, I know I read a lot of posts that say the local office doesn't help, so maybe I got lucky. but you should give it a chance. Maybe your file got misplaced like mine did.
                          Thanks for the advice. I just sent a nice little email to the SA that helped me out

Comment

• At what point in the process does the Secret Service start to compensate you for your expenses in the hiring process?

Just curious
                            USMS timeline
                            Applied:June 2016
                            Rating 99
                            Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                            Fed LEO (6 years)
                            USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                            Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                              At what point in the process does the Secret Service start to compensate you for your expenses in the hiring process?

Just curious
                              Never. It's on you. Unless I just missed the memo during my process.

Comment

• The only time they discussed compensation was when they wanted me to travel to DC and that was just paying for my flight and hotel otherwise everything is on you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11128 users online. 455 members and 10673 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X