300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by justonslc View Post
    I was offered NY, NJ, CA and IL Chicago. I picked Chicago so I could live in Indiana
    Newark?

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

Last edited by justonslc; 10-16-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Yes. The reason why I did not choose NJ was because my wife likes to conceal carry. Its impossible to get a license there.
        When are you shipping off? When does classes start?

Comment

Yes. The reason why I did not choose NJ was because my wife likes to conceal carry. Its impossible to get a license there.
          We're these areas you selected during the application or completely different?

Just curious....I'm dreading being put in any of those areas.
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
            We're these areas you selected during the application or completely different?

Just curious....I'm dreading being put in any of those areas.

You don't get much of a choice. You may have chosen all florida locations, and they'll offer you wherever they need people the most.

Comment

Last edited by justonslc; 10-16-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• The USSS could give a crap where you want to go, honestly. You'll get offered where they need someone. Mostly the big cities and rarely some random place like Birmingham or Tampa. They'll offer you a place you don't likely want to go and, if you really want to work for them (that's not a given), you'll take it.
                They have such an issue with people getting their 1811 with USSS and immediately trying to get out to another 1811 agency that they want to know how serious you are about your willingness to move away from home comforts. You're essentially a liability if you're not willing to move around for mostly your whole career.
                From what I gathered from the SAs I asked was it's tough on the family with the OT and travel, but a lot of them hang in there bc the cash is so good. They're one of the few agencies that get LEAP AND OT. You know you're raking in bank when you hit the salary max for GS scale and the year isn't over... (in the $150k range... Seems like it's $157k or something).

Last edited by bayranger; 08-03-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                  The USSS could give a crap where you want to go, honestly. You'll get offered where they need someone. Mostly the big cities and rarely some random place like Birmingham or Tampa. They'll offer you a place you don't likely want to go and, if you really want to work for them (that's not a given), you'll take it.
                  They have such an issue with people getting their 1811 with USSS and immediately trying to get out to another 1811 agency that they want to know how serious you are about your willingness to move away from home comforts. You're essentially a liability if you're not willing to move around for mostly your whole career.
                  From what I gathered from the SAs I asked was it's tough on the family with the OT and travel, but a lot of them hang in there bc the cash is so good. They're one of the few agencies that get LEAP AND OT. You know you're raking in bank when you hit the salary max for GS scale and the year isn't over... (in the $150k range... Seems like it's $157k or something).

Can you please explain the 25% Leap Pay? What exactly is that? Is that on top of your base pay and does it include the overtime?

Comment

• https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ilability-pay/

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                      You don't get much of a choice. You may have chosen all florida locations, and they'll offer you wherever they need people the most.
                      I'm tracking! Thank you!
                      USMS timeline
                      Rating 99
                      Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                      Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Does anyone know of any way to speed up the process, or check on the progress, of the Factor V being turned in from the security team? Took the SI/FactorV 4 months ago, and when I call 202-406-5271 they still haven't received it.

Comment

• Shake some chicken bones, look at a magic eight ball, or sacrifice a goat probably your best bet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
                            Shake some chicken bones, look at a magic eight ball, or sacrifice a goat probably your best bet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
                            I've come to the conclusion that only 2 possibilities exist with the USSS SA hiring process:

1. USSS does not have the capability and/or the desire to put together a coherent, organized, uniform, professional hiring process... OR (and if you think about it, just as likely)

2. The apparent unpredictability and disorder are actually an intentional part of the hiring process to see how we might deal with unpredictability and frustration as an SA (with schedules, events, crises, etc.) where patience will certainly be required.
                            Last edited by UtahAlumnus; 08-03-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• I can see their mindset, just interesting that they don't A) make you sign a 3 yr agreement like the FBI and B) have you select locations you'd like to work in the first place.

That being said I didn't expect any different, I did not know they made LEAP and OT. So thank you for that knowledge!
                              USMS timeline
                              Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                              Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Agent View Post
                                Can you please explain the 25% Leap Pay? What exactly is that? Is that on top of your base pay and does it include the overtime?
                                Good thing about LEAP, is that the 25% on top of your base salary is included as your base salary. So all 125% of your salary is used to calculate your high 5 avg for retirement pension (FERS), as well as your 5% TSP (401k) fed contribution match. So it makes a huge difference in the end.
                                The OT you get on travel assignments etc is indeed on top of that 125% but isn't included (like any OT) as part of your base salary benefit calculations.
                                Also, AUO is up to 25% also but, as I understand, isn't considered part of your base like LEAP is. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.
                                Just remember to get that OT, you're working additional hours on top of your already additional 1811 LEAP hours, so you're sacrificing time away from (fill in the blank outside work activities) to earn that money at work. Not to say that's not fine, but be prepared to work a lot.
                                FTR, I only "know" these and other things bc I asked several agents from 13s to a 15 and they were all pretty open with me while I pinned them down during my 9 month process lol (I was ultimately dismissed based on a medical issue after completing all steps, but that's another story).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10891 users online. 387 members and 10504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X