Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by justinlong View Post
    what is your background if you don't mind me asking?
    Degree in accounting and I work(ed) in the information security world.

    Comment


    • 7 months post poly and 7 months till I hit 37. Coincidence [emoji6]


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jdtrooper View Post
        I'm out. August 2014 applicant. Called HQ who in turn referred me to my FO. FO told me that they sent me a notification sometime in early April. I never got it. They said they would send me an email. Good luck to all those still in the running!
        Welcome to the club! Lol

        Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by texengland View Post
          7 months post poly and 7 months till i hit 37. Coincidence [emoji6]


          sent from my ipad using tapatalk
          got eem'!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by texengland View Post
            7 months post poly and 7 months till I hit 37. Coincidence [emoji6]


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Post poly means you've received your conditional offer, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but your age doesn't matter anymore.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Majo2317 View Post
              Post poly means you've received your conditional offer, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but your age doesn't matter anymore.
              Age matters up until the day you actually start the position.

              AR2K

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                Age matters up until the day you actually start the position.

                AR2K
                Gotcha. I recall seeing on the website "younger than 37 at the time of receipt of a COE" but I didn't know how they actually handled that in practice.
                Last edited by Majo2317; 05-26-2016, 09:41 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                  Age matters up until the day you actually start the position.

                  AR2K
                  We've had this discussion several times on this thread in the last year, and each time the conclusion has always been that the COE stops the clock.

                  Comment


                  • Bronc...Makes sense about not studying past what is given, but after taking the SAEE once and not passing I can say that the test itself is much more extensive than the fairly easy seeming practice exam that I studied multiple times in the week I had between getting notified of test date and the actual date. Maybe it was the short prep time, but the actual exam had me shaking my head think 'Where did these questions come from??'
                    Last edited by PDP1213; 05-26-2016, 10:26 PM.

                    Comment


                    • New to the forum. Fed Leo, Bachelors and Masters, Bilingual Mandarin. Just passed SAEE. Waiting to be scheduled for "structured panel interview". I have read much of this thread... is there really no PT test prior to the academy? It seems like the posting when I applied said that there was one.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                        New to the forum. Fed Leo, Bachelors and Masters, Bilingual Mandarin. Just passed SAEE. Waiting to be scheduled for "structured panel interview". I have read much of this thread... is there really no PT test prior to the academy? It seems like the posting when I applied said that there was one.
                        According to what I've seen and heard, there IS a test. However, it's more of a "you passed, nice!" Or a "you failed? Let's try again in a couple weeks" type of test. I guess the only ones who know definitely are those who most recently or are currently enrolled at JJRTC.

                        Comment


                        • Hey guys, new to the thread.


                          Just got COE yesterday.
                          Timeline:
                          SAEE 3/18
                          SUPER Interview 4/12

                          My background-4 year degree at UMD In CJ w/ minor in Terrorism Studies through a DHS funded research program..3 years Private Investigations/Insurance Fraud Investigations..about to fill out the dreaded 160 page packet...wish me luck!

                          Edit: Philadelphia office handling my application

                          Comment


                          • Quick question for those currently in the process. I've read a few posts saying the APAT would be added back to the hiring process rather than just administering it after hire. Has this happened yet, or is the APAT not until FLETC? I've got the SAEE next week so I'm just curious how much time I would have to really prepare (and yes, I have been preparing for some time now).
                            Last edited by Aeroneous; 05-27-2016, 08:21 PM.
                            "The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PDP1213 View Post
                              Bronc...Makes sense about not studying past what is given, but after taking the SAEE once and not passing I can say that the test itself is much more extensive than the fairly easy seeming practice exam that I studied multiple times in the week I had between getting notified of test date and the actual date. Maybe it was the short prep time, but the actual exam had me shaking my head think 'Where did these questions come from??'
                              I mean the study guide is easier than the test but it is also all you need.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aeroneous View Post
                                Quick question for those currently in the process. I've read a few posts saying the APAT would be added back to the hiring process rather than just administering it after hire. Has this happened yet, or is the APAT not until FLETC? I've got the SAEE next week so I'm just curious how much time I would have to really prepare (and yes, I have been preparing for some time now).
                                Here is some good advice. Prep for the APAT in case there is one or we decide to throw it back in the hiring process out of nowhere. That way when you go to training you don't just show up barely passing

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4210 users online. 288 members and 3922 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X