300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceberg924 View Post
    Completed my medical in DC last week. No sooner then that same day I received a phone call letting me know that the background investigation had started. One of my references contacted me as well letting me know he was contacted by an investigator.
    I was told that depending on when the next hiring panel meets, I could be in placed in a class within the next 2-3 months.
    What FO are you processing out of? Did they speak to you about your home interview yet?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• And in general is anyone scheduled to have their home interview completed later this month or recently completed theirs and just waiting on the hiring board?

Comment

• I would rather not say which exact field office. But it is a large one in the North East. PM me for that. The investigator that called me said he would like to get my home interview done within the next 2 weeks, but he did not specify any date. He said he will be in touch with me, while they contact my current employer etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
          And in general is anyone scheduled to have their home interview completed later this month or recently completed theirs and just waiting on the hiring board?

My home interview was completed back in January. I have been waiting on the hiring panel ever since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone here think the Service will be absorbed by another agency (ICE). The numbers are dwindling, and it seems like I'm seeing more and more ICE on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              Anyone here think the Service will be absorbed by another agency (ICE). The numbers are dwindling, and it seems like I'm seeing more and more ICE on the road.
              The numbers are dwindling because they aren't replenishing at a fast enough rate. Its not like there are no qualified applicants. There are many on the shelf waiting for the starter pistol.
              OUT!!

Comment

• http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2588972

Maybe staffing will pick up for you guys. 2 of the most senior guys in my squad left to ATF and OIG positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
                  My home interview was completed back in January. I have been waiting on the hiring panel ever since.

Same. Completed everything in January. The only answer I get when ask is, you are still active in the process and we re reviewing your packet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                    Same. Completed everything in January. The only answer I get when ask is, you are still active in the process and we re reviewing your packet.
                    Yea I don't even waste the time because I know the answer I will get. They will call when they call or I'll get the dreaded rejection letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
                      http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2588972

Maybe staffing will pick up for you guys. 2 of the most senior guys in my squad left to ATF and OIG positions.
                      Ouch. Leaving for a reputedly fun gig like ATF is one thing. OIG though? It makes me wonder. Those guys must know something I don't.

Comment

• It seems like they really do need to reach outside the agency to at least provide adequate administrative, professional, and technical staff to boost hiring rates above attrition rates. The Congressional report points out that the staffing shortages are just as bad if not worse in the office positions as it is with UD and SA. There are more than enough qualified applicants for UD and SA to bring the numbers back to par, it's just a matter of getting them through the hiring process and off to training.

I'm 14 months post-poly in the UD process.

Comment

• ***Delete***
                          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                            Yeah a trainee just quit in the middle of training to go to OIG
                            I know a former USSS agent (10 + years) that left to go to OIG. He loves it and I mean loves it, but he told me that he loved USSS and all of the once and a life time experiences it allowed him to have. He also said that the job was not too optimal for those with families. He was thankful for his understanding wife. Because an unsupportive spouse would give another level of stress to an already stressful job. OIG allows him to be with his family.
                            OUT!!

Comment

• Decided to peek in here since it's been a little bit since I applied (try Jan 2014 peeps). I've been post poly forever, post home interview, post WWIII...and still no call. Thinking my file slipped in between two desks. I think they may be waiting for me to age out because I'm so intimidating for them to reject. Good luck peeps! May your road be much shorter and much smoother than mine in this process and land you in FLETC! Cheers, Bruddahbean
                              The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                              Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                              Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                                Anyone here think the Service will be absorbed by another agency (ICE). The numbers are dwindling, and it seems like I'm seeing more and more ICE on the road.
                                I really don't see any other agency taking over the protective mission. However, I could foresee another agency taking over some of the investigative mission.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16077 users online. 511 members and 15566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X