Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anybody who applied under the most recent posting heard anything? Career Connector says that My application is already under review, but I don't have any other applications with the service pending.

    Comment


    • Happy to be able to use my glock now... Oh happy day.

      Comment


      • Does anyone know if new SSA hires fall under CSRS or FERS? My parents are retired Federal Agents (DOL) on CSRS, and were informed a while back that agencies were being phased out of CSRS and into FERS. I tried searching for a while, but couldn't find any definitive answers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
          Does anyone know if new SSA hires fall under CSRS or FERS? My parents are retired Federal Agents (DOL) on CSRS, and were informed a while back that agencies were being phased out of CSRS and into FERS. I tried searching for a while, but couldn't find any definitive answers
          CSRS is long gone. All new employees are under FERS now for quite some time.

          AR2K

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
            CSRS is long gone. All new employees are under FERS now for quite some time.

            AR2K
            That's what they figured, and I hadn't heard. Only took 27 years for them to roll it out to everyone lol

            Comment


            • Feb 2015 applied have my poly scheduled. June 2015 already took his.. Rather upsetting lol. Congrats

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
                Feb 2015 applied have my poly scheduled. June 2015 already took his.. Rather upsetting lol. Congrats
                I hear ya. I'm that June applicant and I felt bad about it when I read your post. Must be a FO thing. Good luck on the poly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                  Has anybody who applied under the most recent posting heard anything? Career Connector says that My application is already under review, but I don't have any other applications with the service pending.
                  I applied to the posting back in November of last year and the most recent one that was put out this past February. I had received two emails stating that my application was still under review and that they were sorry for the delay, but today I received an email to take the SAEE at the end of the month.

                  Comment


                  • Any word on the next posting? Iv heard April/May, but no dates.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                      Any word on the next posting? Iv heard April/May, but no dates.
                      April 27th

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                        Congrats! I'm a june 2015 applicant waiting on the Poly. Just got all the Security Interview/Packet stuff taken care of so they told me all I can do now is sit and wait. I hate it, but it works for now since I'm getting Married and Honeymoon first 2 weeks of May lol. After that, though, I'll be real eager again. Also helps that you're in a 'in demand' location, and near a bigger office. Orlando, where I am, is one of the smallest offices in Florida apparently.
                        Hey bud, you stated you are from Orlando. I selected Miami as my FO and have been pricing a few areas near Miami. What areas would you recommend for a young family with 2 kids in the 1200-$1500.00 price range with a good school? I have looked into Doral, Miramar, Miami Lakes, Halieagh. Any input is appreciated.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                          Hey bud, you stated you are from Orlando. I selected Miami as my FO and have been pricing a few areas near Miami. What areas would you recommend for a young family with 2 kids in the 1200-$1500.00 price range with a good school? I have looked into Doral, Miramar, Miami Lakes, Halieagh. Any input is appreciated.
                          All I can suggest is to look inland. The closer you are to the coast the more expensive it is. The school problem can be resolved by looking at statistics maintained by the counties and by the US Dept of Education. Sorry I'm not more help, but I've spent my life trying to avoid that area lol. Orlando is 4ish hours away from there, and I was raised in WPB an hour and some change north of there. I'll ask a friend of mine who is a LEO down there, and I'll get back to you

                          Comment


                          • I know I probably missed this within the last couple of pages, but any word on upcoming class dates?

                            Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
                              I know I probably missed this within the last couple of pages, but any word on upcoming class dates?

                              Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
                              It was posted in here a couple of pages back. I do remember seeing that "the call" would come out 30 days in advance of the class start date.

                              Comment


                              • Completed my medical in DC last week. No sooner then that same day I received a phone call letting me know that the background investigation had started. One of my references contacted me as well letting me know he was contacted by an investigator.
                                I was told that depending on when the next hiring panel meets, I could be in placed in a class within the next 2-3 months.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12111 users online. 295 members and 11816 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X