Clear All

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
    Hopefully maybe mine as well ha.
    There is a forum for AFOSI on here

http://forums.officer.com/t166984/
    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
      no you don't have to go inactive. That used to be the case but Pres Obama changed that. It is now against the law to make you go inactive, essential or not. This includes AFOSI. Anyone with that organization who is following that rule is being fooled.
      Does this apply to the national guard too, and does it apply to every 1811 position?

Comment

• Hello again at point did you let your current managers know that there is a possibility you might get another job ? Do you wait for the official call or do you let them know they may get a reference check call.

Comment

• I feel obligated to joke about giving your employers 2 years* notice. It sounds like they extend the official offer with enough time to give at least 2 weeks notice to current employers. Other than that, the only consistent characteristic of the USSS hiring process is its inconsistency.

Best of luck,

Noticably Jaded yet Optimistic UD Applicant

Comment

• Originally posted by FederalLimbo View Post
            I feel obligated to joke about giving your employers 2 years* notice. It sounds like they extend the official offer with enough time to give at least 2 weeks notice to current employers. Other than that, the only consistent characteristic of the USSS hiring process is its inconsistency.

Best of luck,

Noticably Jaded yet Optimistic UD Applicant
            I was just joking. Thought I would share my sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
              Does this apply to the national guard too, and does it apply to every 1811 position?
              I don't know about NG because it is state and not federal. I don't think anyone would contest it but I just now it pertains to the federal side

And yes to every 1811

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                I don't know about NG because it is state and not federal. I don't think anyone would contest it but I just now it pertains to the federal side

And yes to every 1811

Hey Bronc, I tried to look up the current policy regarding EE positions and reservist but to no avail. Do you have any idea where I can find it?
                OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Agent View Post
                  Hello again at point did you let your current managers know that there is a possibility you might get another job ? Do you wait for the official call or do you let them know they may get a reference check call.
                  Your current employer will definitely be contacted as part of your background investigation which will take place well before you get the call. What I had initially planned to do, and also advised to do by my processing FO and background investigator, was to wait until you get to the BI portion and they let you know they are about to start contacting people and let your current employer know then. Certainly no point in making waves at your current job prior to that point cause you may not make it that far.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                    Your current employer will definitely be contacted as part of your background investigation which will take place well before you get the call. What I had initially planned to do, and also advised to do by my processing FO and background investigator, was to wait until you get to the BI portion and they let you know they are about to start contacting people and let your current employer know then. Certainly no point in making waves at your current job prior to that point cause you may not make it that far.
                    I know when I was in the process for the Border Patrol, I gave my job before that notice once I got the call to EOD. It was about 3 weeks before hand. Two weeks is the universal time frame though.
                    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                      Hey Bronc, I tried to look up the current policy regarding EE positions and reservist but to no avail. Do you have any idea where I can find it?
                      Google/Read USSERA

What is EE?
                      Last edited by Bronc_smith; 03-30-2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• 5 months post poly abyss here, just checking in!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                          5 months post poly abyss here, just checking in!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Try one year post poly!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                            Try one year post poly!
                            Good Lord ha

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                              Try one year post poly!
                              Wow, they haven't given you an answer yet?
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                                Wow, they haven't given you an answer yet?
                                Nothing in the negative or otherwise... Just kind of sitting in post poly limbo. When I called and asked what the deal was they said it hasn't even been scored yet!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6850 users online. 368 members and 6482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X