300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
    They should all be valid until the final decision. It's a long process and many of us from the 2014 announcement are still waiting for the final decision from the Hiring Panel. I myself finished mid November 2015 and my file is still with the Security Team conducting my background. I am current DHS FED with a Secret Clearance and That alone will not expedite the process.

Good luck!!
    I got through the process back in 2015. Got offered but had to turn it down at the time due to family reasons.
    I reapplied in Nov of 2015. I know I don't have to take the SAEE, but I wonder what steps I will have to repeat... I know I have to repeat the SUPER. But just trying to figure what else I might have to retake...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceptre6 View Post
      I know SA's travel a lot but what is their family life quality? Basically, is this job worth being away from your family all the time and without any notice? I have found multiple posts on the subject but I don't know the posters background or insight into the service.
      If you make it in, you will be the only one that can answer that question

Comment

• To the family life quality question, the opening remarks by the recruiter/SA at the ELAC in LA recently were very interesting. She and her husband entered the service a while back. She had some memorable family stories (the idea was to tell it like it is and give us a realistic idea of what it can be like as an SA), and their work life balance was... shall we say, unique.

Bronc is right, I think it really just depends on who you are, your situation, and what your expectations/limits are. I for one have spent a lot of time talking with my wife about the job and all of the potential scenarios, so that when/if that call comes, we have already done our research.

Comment

• ***Delete***
          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• I have a question for those that are Special Agents. I can't believe I didn't ask this question a while ago. If you are currently in the reserves, do you have to go inactive while you are with the Secret Service?
            OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
              I have a question for those that are Special Agents. I can't believe I didn't ask this question a while ago. If you are currently in the reserves, do you have to go inactive while you are with the Secret Service?
              I only ask this because that is how the AFOSI does it. They explained that because the position is labeled as an emergency essential personnel (I don't know if I got the phrasing right) no one in the ranks can be active reserve. No drill. No IDT. That might be a deal breaker for me.
              OUT!!

Comment

I only ask this because that is how the AFOSI does it. They explained that because the position is labeled as an emergency essential personnel (I don't know if I got the phrasing right) no one in the ranks can be active reserve. No drill. No IDT. That might be a deal breaker for me.
                no you don't have to go inactive. That used to be the case but Pres Obama changed that. It is now against the law to make you go inactive, essential or not. This includes AFOSI. Anyone with that organization who is following that rule is being fooled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                  no you don't have to go inactive. That used to be the case but Pres Obama changed that. It is now against the law to make you go inactive, essential or not. This includes AFOSI. Anyone with that organization who is following that rule is being fooled.
                  Against the law ay...

law change.jpg

Thanks Bronc. That would have sucked if that was the case.
                  OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                    I got through the process back in 2015. Got offered but had to turn it down at the time due to family reasons.
                    I reapplied in Nov of 2015. I know I don't have to take the SAEE, but I wonder what steps I will have to repeat... I know I have to repeat the SUPER. But just trying to figure what else I might have to retake...
                    From What I know, your test scores will be valid for sometime. Not sure about everything else. Where you a 2014 applicant?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                      From What I know, your test scores will be valid for sometime. Not sure about everything else. Where you a 2014 applicant?
                      Yes... i was a 2014 applicant. Got offered in 15. Had to decline. Reapplied in Nov 15.
                      I took my poly back in Jan of 15 (when I was a 14 applicant). Does anyone know if the poly has an expiration date?
                      I hope it's still valid, because between getting scheduled for the poly and then traveling for it, it just sucks all over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                        There are plenty of female agents. Trust me, if you got what it takes (passing all the phases), you'll make it. That's my 2 cents
                        I don't think either of those statements are true. From what I was recently told, there are only 8-10% of agents who are female (this was as of Oct. 2015). I wouldn't describe that as "plenty" although from what I've heard there are some field offices (don't know which ones) that have a much higher % of female agents than that. And you can be a fantastic candidate and still get a BQA email at any time.

For those of you waiting to reapply, new SA opening next week, if my info is correct.
                        Last edited by fedxfit; 03-29-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                          I don't think either of those statements are true. From what I was recently told, there are only 8-10% of agents who are female (this was as of Oct. 2015). I wouldn't describe that as "plenty" although from what I've heard there are some field offices (don't know which ones) that have a much higher % of female agents than that. And you can be a fantastic candidate and still get a BQA email at any time.

For those of you waiting to reapply, new SA opening next week, if my info is correct.

Get me some info about a bunch of calls going out the next few weeks!

Comment

Hey just curious since you mentioned OSI, is that your current gig? It is another one I have applied for as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                              Hey just curious since you mentioned OSI, is that your current gig? It is another one I have applied for as well.
                              It is not. It might be in the future though lol
                              OUT!!

Comment

It is not. It might be in the future though lol
                                Hopefully maybe mine as well ha.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6610 users online. 319 members and 6291 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X