Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You know there has been a lot of stress on this forum. Stress is probably the number one slow killer. Lets start battling stress from the inside out. I saw this article highlighting 6 super foods. Diet is 75% of the process folks. 20% is mental and 5% is physical.

    http://longevity.about.com/od/blogs/...nger.htm#step1
    OUT!!

    Comment


    • Even though the physical represents such a small percentage of whole body health, it is still important. Here's what I do. Some exercises may vary depending on how I feel. Take what you need.


      Monday: Shoulders

      Circuit 1: 4 sets of 6 reps with a barbell; circuit training - no rest between exercises
      Upright Rows
      Clean and Press
      Bent over Rows
      Jump Squats

      Circuit 2: 4 sets of 10 reps with dumbbells; no rest between exercises
      Front Raise
      Arnold Press (I actually don't like these, but then I thought, "It worked for Arnold")
      Side Laterals
      Bent over Reverse Fly

      Rotator Cuff Cable Work (important for shoulder health for us 30+ guys) People underestimate the Rotator cuff
      Run 30 Minutes (form is the key)

      Tuesday: Chest

      Power Cleans: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 10 to 12 reps
      Incline Bench: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 10 to 12 reps

      Super Sets: 4 sets with no rest in between exercises
      Chest Fly
      Curls
      Dips

      Wednesday: Cardio Only

      Run 30-45 minutes
      Swim 30 minute (Something extra for the superstars)

      Thursday: Back

      Deadlifts: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 8 to 10 reps
      Pullups: Penitentiary Style (that "to failure" to the straights lol)
      Bent over Rows: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 10 to 12 reps
      Hammer Strength Row: 4 sets, starting with one plate on each side and ending with a max with 4-5 plates on each side
      Run 30 Minutes

      Friday: Legs

      Squats: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 8 to 10 reps
      Single-Leg Press: 4 sets, starting with one plate on each side and ending with 5 plates
      Hack Squats: 4 sets, starting with easy weight and increasing to something that can make me tired in about 10 to 12 reps
      Leg Extensions/Leg Curls: 4 sets (I may or may not do this one)
      Ab Wheel: 50-100 reps

      For all of these exercises, I concentrate on form to minimize the risk of injury. Form over weight.
      Remember to dedicate some time to stretch before and after.
      Also I eat about 5 times day and I eat "clean". Lean meat and veggies people. Protien shakes are good as well.
      If you want a pre workout supplement, I recommend Nano Vapor (1 scoop for beginners). If i don't have that, then I use Monster energy drink. If I don't have that, then coffee. If I don't have that, then I guess I use...I don't know...the power of friendship?
      Lastly, drink lots and lots of water.
      OUT!!

      Comment


      • I'm tired just reading all of this gonna go eat a cheeseburger and take a nap

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
          I'm tired just reading all of this gonna go eat a cheeseburger and take a nap

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
          Copy and paste it to somewhere and read one day at a time, partner.
          OUT!!

          Comment


          • In all seriousness this looks like a good workout plan. I have been using the density giant workout plan that is circuit plan as well and it kicks my butt, but I may have to sub some of this in their as well. Thanks

            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Here is my workout plan:

              Day 1: Arms

              Day 2: Arms

              Day 3: Arms

              Day 4: Arms

              Day 5: Arms

              Day 6: Arms

              Day 7: Bloody Mary's

              Comment


              • I usually do a heavy leg day Sunday, Chest and Back Tuesday, Arms/Shoulders Thursday and I always vary the exercises I do week to week so my body never gets used to anything. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I do an hour long boot camp called Camp Gladiator. It's a mix of high-intensity Interval goodies, and body weight/free weight exercises (with occasional runs). Outside of that I used to, and probably should again, run a few miles on the reg. I do the whole meal prep thing, and eat one unhealthy meal a week, and allow myself two cocktails or beers a week. No soda. Only water and green teas. It sucks, but I went from 280 to 178, 38+% body fat to my current 11%.

                Comment


                • I know SA's travel a lot but what is their family life quality? Basically, is this job worth being away from your family all the time and without any notice? I have found multiple posts on the subject but I don't know the posters background or insight into the service.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                    I usually do a heavy leg day Sunday, Chest and Back Tuesday, Arms/Shoulders Thursday and I always vary the exercises I do week to week so my body never gets used to anything. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I do an hour long boot camp called Camp Gladiator. It's a mix of high-intensity Interval goodies, and body weight/free weight exercises (with occasional runs). Outside of that I used to, and probably should again, run a few miles on the reg. I do the whole meal prep thing, and eat one unhealthy meal a week, and allow myself two cocktails or beers a week. No soda. Only water and green teas. It sucks, but I went from 280 to 178, 38+% body fat to my current 11%.
                    yep in 2007 I went from 250 lbs of trouble to 169 lbs. All I did was eat right, run and lift for about eight months. After the BP academy I was 175 but I lowered my body fat to about 7%. Now that I have concentrated mostly on lifting, I am 204 pounds 11% body fat. I'm trying to drop the percentage but it's tough here in the south with all of this evil delicious food lol
                    OUT!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                      yep in 2007 I went from 250 lbs of trouble to 169 lbs. All I did was eat right, run and lift for about eight months. After the BP academy I was 175 but I lowered my body fat to about 7%. Now that I have concentrated mostly on lifting, I am 204 pounds 11% body fat. I'm trying to drop the percentage but it's tough here in the south with all of this evil delicious food lol
                      I feel ya. Orlando is going through a culinary renaissance right now...and a booze one...and I'M LOVING IT, but my body is hating it lol. The struggle is, and always will be, real

                      Comment


                      • Hello

                        I am new on this site and just wanted some feedback. Does anyone know the ratio of female to Male Special Agents. How are they when it comes to hiring females.

                        I see this as mostly a male dominated career. Can I get your opinion on this?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hopeful Agent View Post
                          Hello

                          I am new on this site and just wanted some feedback. Does anyone know the ratio of female to Male Special Agents. How are they when it comes to hiring females.

                          I see this as mostly a male dominated career. Can I get your opinion on this?
                          There are plenty of female agents. Trust me, if you got what it takes (passing all the phases), you'll make it. That's my 2 cents

                          Comment


                          • Question for the Board:

                            How long are your results valid from each step in the hiring process?
                            Polygraph
                            Background
                            Medical

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                              Question for the Board:

                              How long are your results valid from each step in the hiring process?
                              Polygraph
                              Background
                              Medical
                              They should all be valid until the final decision. It's a long process and many of us from the 2014 announcement are still waiting for the final decision from the Hiring Panel. I myself finished mid November 2015 and my file is still with the Security Team conducting my background. I am current DHS FED with a Secret Clearance and That alone will not expedite the process.

                              Good luck!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                                There are plenty of female agents. Trust me, if you got what it takes (passing all the phases), you'll make it. That's my 2 cents
                                Hopefully I do. This position would mean so much to me.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11666 users online. 393 members and 11273 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X