300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post
    A study I read said by 12th grade, just shy of 45% have tried marijuana. And even 8th grade was like 16%
    Makes it easier for us to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well, BQA email here. No explanation, and very frustrating. Disappointing, I would love to do the job and would likely have been great at it, but given everything I've heard about the agency, maybe it's for the best.

Best to all of you with your applications and careers!

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
        Well, BQA email here. No explanation, and very frustrating. Disappointing, I would love to do the job and would likely have been great at it, but given everything I've heard about the agency, maybe it's for the best.

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you as well.

Comment

Well, BQA email here. No explanation, and very frustrating. Disappointing, I would love to do the job and would likely have been great at it, but given everything I've heard about the agency, maybe it's for the best.

OH NO!!! Sorry man!!! When did you apply/how far did you get?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
            OH NO!!! Sorry man!!! When did you apply/how far did you get?
            I applied last April (not one of the public announcements, it was a private usajobs link through a recruiter) and the last step was the poly back in October.

I've already submitted a FOIA request and an informal request (at my FO's recommendation) to see if I can get any info as to why. The agent that put me in touch with the recruiter and encouraged me to apply last year said people often have to go through the process multiple times, but I'm not sure if I want to put myself through this yet again. Maybe having some additional info as to why will help me decide.

Comment

I applied last April (not one of the public announcements, it was a private usajobs link through a recruiter) and the last step was the poly back in October.

I've already submitted a FOIA request and an informal request (at my FO's recommendation) to see if I can get any info as to why. The agent that put me in touch with the recruiter and encouraged me to apply last year said people often have to go through the process multiple times, but I'm not sure if I want to put myself through this yet again. Maybe having some additional info as to why will help me decide.
              Im sorry to hear about your troubles . I feel you on the go through the process multiple times...I'm on my second try, whenever the next announcement comes around.

Keep us posted and dont give up!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                You're not alone. About to be 28, and as much as I've been around it I've never tried it. They didn't believe me at my Security Interview or SUPER, especially when I told them I visited Seattle for a Bachelor Party weekend for four days and never consumed in any way, but I guess I'll be redeemed on the Poly lol.
                If you didnt smoke pot then tell them you didn't smoke. I went through this with the service \9-10 years ago when I was getting off active duty and applied to them. I never did drugs, and went through the same nonsense with the Service and my integrity was questioned during multiple phases of the process where I was called a liar about not using drugs. After all was said and done I received an offer from the service which i turned down for Diplomatic Security. Tell the truth and you will be fine but you will go through the ringer .
                Last edited by globalt; 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. Do you have anything else lined up?
                  OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by globalt View Post
                    If you didnt smoke pot then tell them you didn't smoke. I went through this with the service \9-10 years ago when I was getting off active duty and applied to them. I never did drugs, and went through the same nonsense with the Service and my integrity was questioned during multiple phases of the process where I was called a liar about not using drugs. After all was said and done I received an offer from the service which i turned down for Diplomatic Security. Tell the truth and you will be fine but you will go through the ringer .
                    I'm glad you found something else. Do you like DSS? I hear two different accounts.
                    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                      Sorry to hear the news. Do you have anything else lined up?
                      Thanks guys. I've got a good job in a law firm, so I'll just stay here. Decide if I want to reapply or just throw in the towel and have an easier--albeit much less interesting and fulfilling--career/lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                        I'm glad you found something else. Do you like DSS? I hear two different accounts.
                        I liked it for a few years but left for a smaller agency as my family situation changed.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've got a good job in a law firm, so I'll just stay here. Decide if I want to reapply or just throw in the towel and have an easier--albeit much less interesting and fulfilling--career/lifestyle.
                          Sorry for the bad news.That is exactly what scares me. All I know in regards to my last update is that my file is still with the Secuirty Team going on 4 months now. Good luck. I know I have an open application with DEA and will be starting a Schedule B hiring process with ATF. Gotta be prepared in case USSS decides to not offer me a position. Hopefully I hear some good news soon.

Comment

• As instructed by the SA who did my SI, I emailed my admin after 2 months of silence. Received an email back 1 day later and was told, due to an unprecedented amount of applications, the process is taking longer than expected (paraphrasing).

Laughed in my mind and thought - although the generic answer may be true (with the amount of applications), was a high volume of applicants not expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaxer View Post
                              As instructed by the SA who did my SI, I emailed my admin after 2 months of silence. Received an email back 1 day later and was told, due to an unprecedented amount of applications, the process is taking longer than expected (paraphrasing).

Laughed in my mind and thought - although the generic answer may be true (with the amount of applications), was a high volume of applicants not expected?
                              That, my friend, is the million dollar question.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaxer View Post
                                As instructed by the SA who did my SI, I emailed my admin after 2 months of silence. Received an email back 1 day later and was told, due to an unprecedented amount of applications, the process is taking longer than expected (paraphrasing).

There is no way of wrapping your head around it. I hear of people who fly through the process and others who wait years. In the mean time I am studying to sit for the CPA exam which helps with keeping my mind thinking about something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11710 users online. 400 members and 11310 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X