300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
    I'm a May 2014 applicant still waiting for poly. Just hang tight and don't leave out options with other agencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recruit_1 is not alone. I am also a May 2014 applicant and still waiting on a polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
      Recruit_1 is not alone. I am also a May 2014 applicant and still waiting on a polygraph.
      @ Recruit_1 and Getting FED:

And here I am complaining because the Security Team has been conducting a thorough background for a clearance for the last 3 months.

Aug. 2014 applicant

Comment

• Aug. 2014 applicant as well. Finally got the poly scheduled. It's been 9 months since the security interview.

Comment

• Can anyone clarify the drug policy...curious about the phrasing on their website where first it is "No marijuana within 3 years" and then " no illegal drug use at all since age 23" Is illegal drug referring to everything except marijuana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom NYC View Post
            Can anyone clarify the drug policy...curious about the phrasing on their website where first it is "No marijuana within 3 years" and then " no illegal drug use at all since age 23" Is illegal drug referring to everything except marijuana?
            Marijuana is included as an illegal drug. So if you were 21 y/o when you tried marijuana and applied for the USSS when you were 24, you are ok, but if you were 24 y/o when you tried marijuana and applied, you may not be considered. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ISOTF81 View Post
              Aug. 2014 applicant as well. Finally got the poly scheduled. It's been 9 months since the security interview.
              Crazy. I called to get an update last week. Even though I have a TS clearance with DHS/CBP, I was told that USSS starts from scratch when conducting a TS Clearance and can take anywhere from 6-9 months to complete. Hopefully I get a call to attend the next academy that is rumored to start next month.

Still several Jan/May/Aug 2014 Applicant in the process.

Comment

• Protecting the trump

Good luck guys!
                I don't expect you to know what it takes to deal with what I deal with every day in a high risk area because you've never been swinging in the breeze dealing with XYZ with no qualified immunity to protect everything you own and no cavalry at the end of a radio...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom NYC View Post
                  Can anyone clarify the drug policy...curious about the phrasing on their website where first it is "No marijuana within 3 years" and then " no illegal drug use at all since age 23" Is illegal drug referring to everything except marijuana?
                  I like how USSS is keeping up with the increased popularity of marijuana amongst young people. lol They know that in this day and age, they'd be hard pressed to find an applicant that hasn't at least experimented with MJ in his or her youth. Pretty soon the policy will read, "cannot have used Marijuana 3 days before applying. lol
                  Last edited by Radio Raheem; 03-21-2016, 01:18 PM.
                  OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                    I like how USSS is keeping up with the increased popularity of marijuana amongst young people. lol They know that in this day and age, they'd be hard pressed to find an applicant that hasn't at least experimented with MJ in his youth. Pretty soon the policy will read, "cannot have used Marijuana 3 days before applying. lol
                    Ha, guess I am still one of the lonely few. Im 27, never tried it and never had the urge to do so either. Can't even smoke a cigar without having my eyes water and throat feel like screaming bloody murder.

Comment

• You're not alone. About to be 28, and as much as I've been around it I've never tried it. They didn't believe me at my Security Interview or SUPER, especially when I told them I visited Seattle for a Bachelor Party weekend for four days and never consumed in any way, but I guess I'll be redeemed on the Poly lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                        You're not alone. About to be 28, and as much as I've been around it I've never tried it. They didn't believe me at my Security Interview or SUPER, especially when I told them I visited Seattle for a Bachelor Party weekend for four days and never consumed in any way, but I guess I'll be redeemed on the Poly lol.
                        Ha, Im from San Francisco, so imagine the look on my PD background investigator's face and my polygraph as well. Should make it interesting when its my turn for the USSS interviews and poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                          You're not alone. About to be 28, and as much as I've been around it I've never tried it. They didn't believe me at my Security Interview or SUPER, especially when I told them I visited Seattle for a Bachelor Party weekend for four days and never consumed in any way, but I guess I'll be redeemed on the Poly lol.
                          I've never done drugs, but it seems impossible to convince them of the fact, at least in the moment. Hopefully you'll be redeemed, but also be prepared to be called a liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                            I've never done drugs, but it seems impossible to convince them of the fact, at least in the moment. Hopefully you'll be redeemed, but also be prepared to be called a liar.
                            So that's what three out of ??? I wonder what the actual statistics are on this subject. Out of every applicant, how many have actually experimented IN THEIR YOUTH?
                            OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                              So that's what three out of ??? I wonder what the actual statistics are on this subject. Out of every applicant, how many have actually experimented IN THEIR YOUTH?
                              A study I read said by 12th grade, just shy of 45% have tried marijuana. And even 8th grade was like 16%

Comment

• Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post
                                A study I read said by 12th grade, just shy of 45% have tried marijuana. And even 8th grade was like 16%
                                nice!
                                OUT!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10638 users online. 361 members and 10277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X