Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good luck to all today... On another note the secret service has a documentary that's in production and will be released this fall if everything goes as planned
    Last edited by Bronc_smith; 03-11-2016, 10:17 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
      Good luck to all... On another note the secret service has a documentary that's in production and will be released this fall if everything goes as planned
      Do they need any grips or maybe some gaffers? Maybe that's an "in". (Full disclosure - no idea what those actually are...)

      Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
        My file has been with the Hiring Panel since December as well. Patiently waiting.
        I have you beat! March 2015! Checkmate my friend!
        OUT!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
          I have you beat! March 2015! Checkmate my friend!
          Do you really, though? There are no winners, here.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            Do you really, though? There are no winners, here.
            Don't I, 3.14? Don't I? Well maybe I don't. Don't take this away from me! I need this! lol
            OUT!!

            Comment


            • How indicative is the hiring process to regular employ with the USSS? Are all of their administrative and HR functions as equally frustrating or do they get better once your in?

              Comment


              • So I called just a little while ago to get an update. I was told that my file is currently with the Security team which is good news. Once they complete the full background for TS clearance (not the preliminary one that was conducted by the BI), they will be placing me in an academy. Since I do have foreign relatives with immigration status, it usually takes a little longer for them to check out.

                Even though I am a Govt employee with DHS, it will not expedite the process because SS does all checks in house.

                Is the hiring panel and security team two different departments?
                Last edited by JuRam8; 03-11-2016, 11:43 AM.

                Comment


                • Secret Service SA hiring process

                  I honestly feel like everyone who says that they called HQ and got an update on their application is blowing hot air up you know what. I must have called 100 times in the past year and never once got someone on the phone.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
                    I honestly feel like everyone who says that they called HQ and got an update on their application is blowing hot air up you know what. I must have called 100 times in the past year and never once got someone on the phone. .

                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It's been posted on here before how to get a hold of an actual person. It takes less than 5 minutes of research

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
                      I honestly feel like everyone who says that they called HQ and got an update on their application is blowing hot air up you know what. I must have called 100 times in the past year and never once got someone on the phone.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I have gotten someone on the phone every time I have called. They have not always been helpful or knowledgeable, but I have been able to speak to a human every time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                        It's been posted on here before how to get a hold of an actual person. It takes less than 5 minutes of research
                        Yes I am well aware. It all leads to "leave a message." I have contact with my FO but not HQ.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                          So I called just a little while ago to get an update. I was told that my file is currently with the Security team which is good news. Once they complete the full background for TS clearance (not the preliminary one that was conducted by the BI), they will be placing me in an academy. Since I do have foreign relatives with immigration status, it usually takes a little longer for them to check out.

                          Even though I am a Govt employee with DHS, it will not expedite the process because SS does all checks in house.

                          Is the hiring panel and security team two different departments?

                          I haven't heard of this response before. I would be interested in the answer as well.

                          Comment


                          • Okay so after the 101 time of trying to contact HQ I was able to talk to someone. She basically said that there is no update to your application besides that you are still in the process. I could have just looked at the status on my USAJobs account for that answer.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
                              I honestly feel like everyone who says that they called HQ and got an update on their application is blowing hot air up you know what. I must have called 100 times in the past year and never once got someone on the phone.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by JuRam8; 03-11-2016, 07:10 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Nice. Obviously the day I complain about it someone picks up.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9796 users online. 318 members and 9478 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X