Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Carpe_Diem View Post
    Hey quick question for the guys who went to through the SUPER already. My email says to bring a copy of my resume. I just wanted to confirm that would be my federal resume, correct? Like the one I print off of USA Jobs? Also, any other advice for the SUPER would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.
    They didn't even ask me to bring my resume. Best advice is to just remain calm, and answer everything truthfully. We aren't allowed to discuss what was mentioned or talked about. Think of any questions you might have for them. My SUPER went really quickly, and they were like, "Well. We have nothing to do for another hour...Do you have any questions?" So I spit-balled some stuff until they got tired of me, and ushered me out the door. Still passed though! LOL

    Comment


    • Received my COE. Just waiting on the FO to get back with me on when I can bring in my security packet. I was told they'd figure out schedules and get back with me, though they made it sound like it may be a few weeks due to their schedules.
      Last edited by AGENT-X; 02-29-2016, 09:50 PM.

      Comment


      • So you only did your SUPER, or did you do more? I was told to bring in my security package to the SUPER, but that may be because I am doing Factor V on the same day (assuming I get a COE)? Congrats.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
          Received my COE. Just waiting on the FO to get back with me on when I can bring in my security packet. I was told they'd figure out schedules and get back with me, though they made it sound like it may be a few weeks due to their schedules.
          So you only did your SUPER, or did you do more? I was told to bring in my security package to the SUPER, but that may be because I am doing Factor V on the same day (assuming I get a COE)? Congrats.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Carpe_Diem View Post
            So you only did your SUPER, or did you do more? I was told to bring in my security package to the SUPER, but that may be because I am doing Factor V on the same day (assuming I get a COE)? Congrats.
            My SUPER was weeks apart from the Security Packet and COE. My Factor V and Security Interview are in 2 weeks (months after my COE and Security Packet)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
              My SUPER was weeks apart from the Security Packet and COE. My Factor V and Security Interview are in 2 weeks (months after my COE and Security Packet)
              Guys, don't sweat it. The Factor V, which is your Security Interview as it was explained to me by my FO, is simply an opportunity for the SA assigned to complete your BI to go over your SF-86 Questionarre and ask questions pertaining to what you noted and/or correct mistakes. You will be signing a few forms as noted on the packet. Once that is complete, they will take your fingerprints and a photo.

              1-2 hours max and you are done.

              My file is with the Hiring Panel as we speak awaiting a decision. My process was pretty smooth. I completed everything in 8 months, but the wait is horrible. Hopefully I am competitive enough to get selected, if not, I am already working on my Plan B with DEA.
              Last edited by JuRam8; 03-01-2016, 11:03 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                Guys, don't sweat it. The Factor V, which is your Security Interview as it was explained to me by my FO, is simply an opportunity for the SA assigned to complete your BI to go over your SF-86 Questionarre and ask questions pertaining to what you noted and/or correct mistakes. You will be signing a few forms as noted on the packet. Once that is complete, they will take your fingerprints and a photo.

                1-2 hours max and you are done.

                My file is with the Hiring Panel as we speak awaiting a decision. My process was pretty smooth. I completed everything in 8 months, but the wait is horrible. Hopefully I am competitive enough to get selected, if not, I am already working on my Plan B with DEA.
                Yeah the security interview was not stressful at all. Actually it was the easiest part of the application process. Just make sure that your information is accurate. It will be extremely helpful for the poly.
                OUT!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                  Yeah the security interview was not stressful at all. Actually it was the easiest part of the application process. Just make sure that your information is accurate. It will be extremely helpful for the poly.
                  I disagree. My security interview was almost the same length and intensity as my polygraph. The easiest part of the application process in my opinion is the home interview by far. How the SI goes probably depends a lot on your FO and who does it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                    I disagree. My security interview was almost the same length and intensity as my polygraph. The easiest part of the application process in my opinion is the home interview by far. How the SI goes probably depends a lot on your FO and who does it.
                    Except you weren't strapped to a machine right or does your FO do something different?


                    bunt.jpg


                    I actually forgot about the HI. You are right. That was pretty laid back.
                    Attached Files
                    OUT!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                      I disagree. My security interview was almost the same length and intensity as my polygraph. The easiest part of the application process in my opinion is the home interview by far. How the SI goes probably depends a lot on your FO and who does it.
                      Agreed. My SI lasted 4-ish hours.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                        Agreed. My SI lasted 4-ish hours.
                        Same here. About 4 hours.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
                          Same here. About 4 hours.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I've had a pretty dull life. I'm only 28 and have lived in the same place for the last 10 years (since I was 18), and I've had the same neighbors and friends all of my life. I'm thinking this might make things considerably easier for them lol.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                            I've had a pretty dull life. I'm only 28 and have lived in the same place for the last 10 years (since I was 18), and I've had the same neighbors and friends all of my life. I'm thinking this might make things considerably easier for them lol.
                            Actually as far as the background goes it may make it a lot easier.
                            OUT!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                              Agreed. My SI lasted 4-ish hours.
                              I bet two hours were just listing your credentials. The other hour and forty five minutes were for super powers and the last fifteen minutes were for weaknesses. Well, there were no weaknesses per se. It just took fifteen minutes for the interviewer to actually believe that you have no weaknesses. lol jk
                              OUT!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
                                I've had a pretty dull life. I'm only 28 and have lived in the same place for the last 10 years (since I was 18), and I've had the same neighbors and friends all of my life. I'm thinking this might make things considerably easier for them lol.
                                Oh for sure. I was in the Marines and a gov contractor in Iraq. We were digging through my passport just to figure out where I was and the exact dates.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5888 users online. 336 members and 5552 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X