Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14623[/ATTACH]
    Well played... Very, very well played.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
      What's the better safe-cracking movie -- Ocean's Eleven or The Italian Job?

      Proceed to fight and debate until we have actual information about this job or news about our applications to share.
      Italian Job, no doubt. Italian Job v. The Score?

      Comment


      • I'm not familiar with The Score. (Added mentally to movies-to-watch list)

        Comment


        • Here's a thought about the job requirements, which is completely unsubstantiated, but makes me curious -- at (at least) one point I applied and they had to kick my application because my transcripts weren't properly attached. And from what I've read on this board, I'm not the only one who has had that happen. Maybe it's a fairly widespread problem, and changing the minimum requirements means applications aren't automatically rejected for this issue?

          NOT to get back into the debate of a couple days ago, and, yes, perhaps they changed it so that people with valuable work experience but lacking a college degree aren't summarily eliminated, but I would be interested if anyone does have any actual info about this. It occurred to me that anyone with only a high school degree AND having no work experience, while technically meeting the minimum requirements for the job, would have virtually no chance at being competitive to actually get it, so the logistics of submitting applications might be another reason for the change.

          Comment


          • I just got off the phone with HQ (or whomever answers the support line), and was informed that my security packet I turned in in December hasn't been processed yet (the one you receive after the COE). The lady almost laughed at me when I told her I submitted it mid-December, and said, "Honey. There's no way that would be in right now. We are way too backlogged. I can tell you that you're still in the system, and once it does get put in things will move much quicker." This call stemmed from my FO emailing me at the beginning of the month that I was "Days away" from the security interview. Dang it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SoutoXS View Post
              I just got off the phone with HQ (or whomever answers the support line), and was informed that my security packet I turned in in December hasn't been processed yet (the one you receive after the COE). The lady almost laughed at me when I told her I submitted it mid-December, and said, "Honey. There's no way that would be in right now. We are way too backlogged. I can tell you that you're still in the system, and once it does get put in things will move much quicker." This call stemmed from my FO emailing me at the beginning of the month that I was "Days away" from the security interview. Dang it.
              redacted
              Last edited by fedxfit; 03-16-2016, 12:20 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                Here's a thought about the job requirements, which is completely unsubstantiated, but makes me curious -- at (at least) one point I applied and they had to kick my application because my transcripts weren't properly attached. And from what I've read on this board, I'm not the only one who has had that happen. Maybe it's a fairly widespread problem, and changing the minimum requirements means applications aren't automatically rejected for this issue?

                NOT to get back into the debate of a couple days ago, and, yes, perhaps they changed it so that people with valuable work experience but lacking a college degree aren't summarily eliminated, but I would be interested if anyone does have any actual info about this. It occurred to me that anyone with only a high school degree AND having no work experience, while technically meeting the minimum requirements for the job, would have virtually no chance at being competitive to actually get it, so the logistics of submitting applications might be another reason for the change.
                I don't know about your specific issues, but I can tell you that the only transcript I have uploaded on USAJOBS is a very poor quality scan of my unofficial transcripts from law school; I don't have any of my undergrad or masters transcripts on USAJOBS. I've never had an issue with them. Honestly, my guess is the reason you were kicked was because the person reviewing your documents wanted to be a jackass.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                  Well that's not what you want to hear, but I must be missing something -- what does HQ have to process before you can have your security interview scheduled? I thought that was still all FO until after the security interview?
                  I think (and I could be wrong) that after you turn in your security packet, they have to send it to HQ so they can run a credit/NCIC check. Once that is done, they send it back to the FO for the SI. I can't verify this for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is what happened with mine, because a few weeks after I turned in the security packet, I got a notification in the mail that USSS had checked my credit report, and a few days after that I got scheduled for the SI.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                    I think (and I could be wrong) that after you turn in your security packet, they have to send it to HQ so they can run a credit/NCIC check. Once that is done, they send it back to the FO for the SI. I can't verify this for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is what happened with mine, because a few weeks after I turned in the security packet, I got a notification in the mail that USSS had checked my credit report, and a few days after that I got scheduled for the SI.
                    Maybe, but mine was done in reverse order -- SI in August, credit check notification showed up in September.

                    Comment


                    • I went with chips + salsa and MnM's and not an ounce of it was touched. Oh well.

                      Do the demi gods of this thread have an average (loosely defined) lag time between HI and The Call(tm)? Agents made it seem like things could go down tomorrow, but I am not so sure. Just wanted to do a sniff test.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
                        I went with chips + salsa and MnM's and not an ounce of it was touched. Oh well.

                        Do the demi gods of this thread have an average (loosely defined) lag time between HI and The Call(tm)? Agents made it seem like things could go down tomorrow, but I am not so sure. Just wanted to do a sniff test.
                        I said club crackers and potted meat...GOSH! Seriously though yours may go faster than usual. Stranger thing have happened. Especially if you chose to go to like DC or NY
                        OUT!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                          I think (and I could be wrong) that after you turn in your security packet, they have to send it to HQ so they can run a credit/NCIC check. Once that is done, they send it back to the FO for the SI. I can't verify this for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is what happened with mine, because a few weeks after I turned in the security packet, I got a notification in the mail that USSS had checked my credit report, and a few days after that I got scheduled for the SI.
                          This is what I was told I'm waiting for. Wish things would move a little quicker, but what are ya gonna do

                          Comment


                          • I have read that some of you actually talked to someone at HQ. What number did you call because all I ever end up with is "leave a message" or "email" and someone will get back to you in 3-5 business days? I am 12 months post SI.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Recruit_1 View Post
                              I have read that some of you actually talked to someone at HQ. What number did you call because all I ever end up with is "leave a message" or "email" and someone will get back to you in 3-5 business days? I am 12 months post SI.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Same number... just press "0" and someone will pick up.

                              I can also tell you that, at least at my FO, poly's have been kiboshed until further notice; none have been completed since August of last year. So, if you are post SI, you may have an FO that has also put poly's on the back burner, and may have to wait a while to get it scheduled.
                              Last edited by 3.14 Beans; 02-26-2016, 03:22 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                                Same number... just press "0" and someone will pick up.

                                I can also tell you that, at least at my FO, poly's have been kiboshed until further notice; none have been completed since August of last year. So, if you are post SI, you may have an FO that has also put poly's on the back burner, and may have to wait a while to get it scheduled.
                                Thanks for the info. I always chuckle to myself whenever I hear someone complain that they waited 2 weeks to hear back about whether they got a job or not.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4354 users online. 225 members and 4129 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X