Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for the record, from someone with a collage degree, that little parley totally made my brian hurt

Comment

• images4U0I8ZSP.jpg

I had to do it, bayranger lol

I mean to let this meme go to waste would have been a crime.
      OUT!!

Comment

• Clint, I think you made a good point, and I'm sorry for the condescension you encountered on here. Regardless of degree(s) or lack thereof, we all have things we can learn and ways in which we can improve. We all have people smarter or better than us in some or many ways, whether it be in spelling or politeness. And whether we're chosen for this job or go on to other careers, we all have things we can contribute. I think the point of the USSS opening it up to people with degrees and/OR experience is to have a wide variety of people who are qualified but bring different strengths to the job. And just for the record, I've seen plenty of highly intelligent and successful attorneys occasionally make a spelling or grammar error.

Let's not be jackasses to one another.
        Last edited by fedxfit; 02-24-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• I dint grad from grade scool, hi scool, or koledge

Comment

• Wow. Sleep in on one off day and s#*t blows up in here lol.
            Fact of life: Those with college degrees think they have earned something more than those without because they spent at least 4 years of stress and dedication, not to mention being broke as a joke while doing it, in hopes it will put them ahead of those who chose not to sacrifice (and it IS a sacrifice).
            Those without college degrees think they have more real-life work experience than those who have been buried in the books for near 1/2 of a decade.
            Both groups think the other lacks something they have. Fact is, initially they both lack something. College guy lacks real world work experience. Working guy lacks a ton of writing, project, and presentation experience; and the literal book knowledge you're forced to soak in during the course of earning a degree. Not to mention the mere degree itself as a key to open career doors.
            So both offer something. Which is probably why USSS could benefit from both pools of abilities.
            I will say, however, that those differences begin to dissolve mostly after so many years on the job. Once the college degree guy has worked 5 years out of college, the gap is mostly closed. And now he has a degree on top of that work experience. It's an investment that sacrifices initially but pays off long term. I think the fact that people mid-career are going back and getting/finishing degrees speaks to the reality of a degree's benefits. Why else would you go through that stress and bank drain?

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
            Last edited by bayranger; 02-24-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• It is sad for us all that this is the only real activity that we have seen on this forum in a good while haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                I disagree. I honestly feel like I gained nothing from college. College didn't teach me how to write, I already had that ability when I got there. It didn't provide me with a single skill I didn't have before I got there. In hindsight, I wish I would have spent that time in the military.
                I don't know what you majored in, and maybe it is specific to each person, but I felt I learned a lot in college. I majored in applied and computational math, and I learned how to analyze all problems (not just math problems) in a variety of ways that aided in solving them. And, I always thought I was a good writer, but law school helped me realize how much I could improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                  It is sad for us all that this is the only real activity that we have seen on this forum in a good while haha.
                  I know I kind of feel guilty lol.
                  OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                    I know I kind of feel guilty lol.
                    No you don't. We all know you strategically made that post in the hopes of getting some action in this otherwise dead thread.

Comment

• Talked to someone helpful today on the line. Was told I passed everything and am just waiting on the hiring panel. They said if selected you should get call by 04 MAR for the April class and 01 April for the May class. Just what I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                        Talked to someone helpful today on the line. Was told I passed everything and am just waiting on the hiring panel. They said if selected you should get call by 04 MAR for the April class and 01 April for the May class. Just what I was told.
                        I was told the same the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbowser1515 View Post
                          I was told the same the other day.
                          That's good news indeed!
                          OUT!!

Comment

• Yea this is ridiculous. Let me call the panel and have them send some calls out

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                              Yea this is ridiculous. Let me call the panel and have them send some calls out
                              Let me PM you my number so that you can give it to them. I don't need to be first or second or even third just tell em to call me...at least to say hello. lol OH I'M SO LONELY lol
                              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
                                And that's not a shot against officers or agents that have their degree because you bring more to the table than I. I'm talking about the young kids straight out of college

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
                                Okay. Good deal Clint. I was about to lay down the pipe for us guys with Degrees and Federal Experience who are waiting as well. It's seems that lately all the guys that have been picked up all have Masters degrees. I'm currently a Grad Student working on my Masters as well.

I agree with you when it comes to young guys/ girls straight out of college with no experience getting picked up. I was 23 when I graduated and interned with the US Marshals. Had to work my way up by joining Border Patrol and gaining adequate experience in narcotics, investigations, intelligence and Border Security. 9 years later here I am fighting all you guys for an 1811 spot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11974 users online. 446 members and 11528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X