300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OhioDet. View Post
    While this is my first post on this board, I have been reading it for several months. I have found people's input helpfull as I have gone through the process. My timetable for the process is as follows:

07/07-Turned in application
    08/07-Took TEA exam
    09/07-Panel Interview
    10/07-Medical Exam
    Last week of 11/07-Took polygraph

My question is, how long has someone waited to find out they passed the polygraph. The examiner told me I would hear something in 4 to 6 weeks. The end of this week will be 6 weeks and I still have not heard anything. The longer it goes the more I am worried I did not pass. Any input or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
    It's hard to say man. I took my polygraph last week and just got a call from one of my background investigators. It has not even been a week for me.
    04/07-Turned in Application
    06/07-Initial Interview
    08/07-TEA Exam
    10/07-Panel Interview
    11/07-Medical Exam
    01/08-Polygraph
    01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Does everybody make it that applies to the TEA exam? I have recently just submitted my application (end of Dec.) and was just curious. Also if you don't hear anything after a month should I call my local office? Thanks.

Comment

• I took the TEA for the ATF in Dec 07, submitted my paperwork to my local SS office around Dec 20th with my TEA score attached (was advised to do this by someone OTJ in NYC for SS, said I wouldn't need to take it again and would skip to the panel interview)

Comment

• Message Deleted
          Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• I really can't believe how quick my package is going. I just took the polygraph last week on the 2nd and already got a call from a background investigator. Has anyone else had an experience like that. Usually it's at least a month between process events.

04/07-Application turn in
            06/07-Initial Interview
            08/07-TEA
            10/07-Panel Interview
            11/07-Medical
            01/08-Polygraph
            01/08-Start background
            06/07-Initial Interview
            08/07-TEA Exam
            10/07-Panel Interview
            11/07-Medical Exam
            01/08-Polygraph
            01/08-Start BI

Comment

• I am in the USSS SA process and I am waiting for a phone call. My time line as also been very fast.
              04/07- Application
              05/07- Initial Interview
              07/07- TEA
              08/07- Panel
              10/07- Polygraph- Never given results. They just started my background.
              10/07- Medical
              11/07- Background- Took exactly 1 week.
              11/07- Home Interview- The same week as my background.
              12/07- Drug Test

I have a friend who is on the job and he said that the Hiring Panel did not meet in December. Because of the Holidays. They meet either the 17th or 18th of January. I was told that will be the day that calls go out to individuals who are waiting for jobs.

Comment

• ?

MBECK,
                What is your prior work history and what did you get on the TEA?

Comment

• I am a full time Firefighter/EMT. I have a bunch of HAZMAT and WMD training. No Law Enforcement. No military.

TEA- I believe I scored an 80 or an 82.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                    No.

Not everyone is invited to initial interview or TEA exam. They will review your package and if you are a possible fit you will get a letter/call inviting you to report to the local FO.

If you are a recent college grad w/ little life experience or previous military/LE your chances are small of getting on w/ USSS-SA. I would try UD or go state/local for 2-3 years.
                    How sure are you about that?

My girlfriend's father is a Customs agent... he says most of the guys in the NYC office are around my age (24). how much LEO/etc experience could they actually have?

Like mbeck, I'm a firefighter/paramedic/hazmat tech/high angle rope rescue/confined space/some other stuff. Plus I have a degree in Biochemistry/Cell Biology from a nationally recognized research university.

Comment

• I don't have any LE nor Military experience I have a IT/CS degree with superior academics and management experience and some other things. Hopefully that will be sufficient enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbeck999 View Post
                        I am in the USSS SA process and I am waiting for a phone call. My time line as also been very fast.
                        04/07- Application
                        05/07- Initial Interview
                        07/07- TEA
                        08/07- Panel
                        10/07- Polygraph- Never given results. They just started my background.
                        10/07- Medical
                        11/07- Background- Took exactly 1 week.
                        11/07- Home Interview- The same week as my background.
                        12/07- Drug Test

I have a friend who is on the job and he said that the Hiring Panel did not meet in December. Because of the Holidays. They meet either the 17th or 18th of January. I was told that will be the day that calls go out to individuals who are waiting for jobs.
                        You are saying that your background investigation took just one week to complete? WOW...have you lived in the same house and had the same job for years or what. I'm coming out of the military and the Background investigator says it's going to take some time to finish.
                        06/07-Initial Interview
                        08/07-TEA Exam
                        10/07-Panel Interview
                        11/07-Medical Exam
                        01/08-Polygraph
                        01/08-Start BI

Comment

• My background was given to the investigator with a "must complete by" date. He had a family emergency that kept him from contacting me the first week. The first phone call that I received from him was one week and one day from his deadline. He said that he did not think that he could complete all of it in time. But he did it all. He told me that he billed the USSS for 50+ hours of work. My investigator was a contract worker. He was a retired SA. If an actual agent from the USSS does your background I can see it taking longer. They have other important priorities than just a background.

My dad was in Federal Law Enforcement for 27 years, so I had to list 9different addresses. That was from the time I was born until now(age 26). It really just depends how fast they want to complete it all. It took the government almost 3 years to hire my buddy who is a SA. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbeck999 View Post
                            My background was given to the investigator with a "must complete by" date. He had a family emergency that kept him from contacting me the first week. The first phone call that I received from him was one week and one day from his deadline. He said that he did not think that he could complete all of it in time. But he did it all. He told me that he billed the USSS for 50+ hours of work. My investigator was a contract worker. He was a retired SA. If an actual agent from the USSS does your background I can see it taking longer. They have other important priorities than just a background.

My dad was in Federal Law Enforcement for 27 years, so I had to list 9different addresses. That was from the time I was born until now(age 26). It really just depends how fast they want to complete it all. It took the government almost 3 years to hire my buddy who is a SA. Good luck.
                            Yeah my background investigator, at least one of them, is a Special Investigator and retired Secret Service SA. He also has a complete by date with regards to my military records. I was just so surprised that he got the tele-type to start my BI less than a week after the polygraph. That is very quick for the feds. I was sweating the polygraph results with the way they were hounding me but I guess I passed or else they would not have started the BI.
                            06/07-Initial Interview
                            08/07-TEA Exam
                            10/07-Panel Interview
                            11/07-Medical Exam
                            01/08-Polygraph
                            01/08-Start BI

Comment

• That is the same thing that happened to me. When I left the polygraph I did not know what had gone on. I was very confused and did not know if I passed or failed. I sweated it out for about 6 weeks. Then the background guy called. They told me after the polygraph that if I heard something from the FO, then I would probably have to come back and answer more polygraph questions. The only way that I would know I passed is if the background guy called me.

Comment

• mbeck999,
                                Thanks for the info. Like you, I did not know what happened during that polygraph but I'm glad I was contacted by the Background Investigator. I get out of the Marine Corps at the end of April so I hope to have my BI complete and "the call" by then.
                                06/07-Initial Interview
                                08/07-TEA Exam
                                10/07-Panel Interview
                                11/07-Medical Exam
                                01/08-Polygraph
                                01/08-Start BI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5637 users online. 219 members and 5418 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X