X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gummertime View Post
    Anyone know of any gigs that offer 6(c) retirement still
    Which FLEO gigs DON'T offer 6c?

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
      Which FLEO gigs DON'T offer 6c?

There's many.... Now if you mean 1811 positions I don't know of any. Lots of non-1811 FLEO don't offer 6c though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
        There's many.... Now if you mean 1811 positions I don't know of any. Lots of non-1811 FLEO don't offer 6c though.
        Then I guess those aren't full authority law enforcement gigs with arrest powers?

Comment

• Here ya (we) go. #google

Covered Law Enforcement Officers Occupations

Positions that typically qualify as Law Enforcement Officer Positions under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS)

Border Patrol agents;Correctional Officers or Prison Support Staff working for Bureau of the Prisons, and Federal Prison Industries, Inc.; employees of the Public Health Service assigned to the Bureau of the Prisons, or Federal Prison Industries, Inc.; or civilian employees in the field service at the Army or Navy disciplinary barracks or at confinement facilities operated by any of the armed forces who are engaged in the detention of prisoners (i.e., Prison Correctional Officers, and employees in frequent direct contact with prisoners);Criminal Investigators;Customs Investigators;Deputy U.S. Marshals;FBI special agents;Federal Probation and Parole Officers;Instructors at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center(FLETC) (covered as secondary LEO positions);Law Enforcement Park Rangers;Office of the Inspector General investigators in various agencies;Park Police (Only if covered under FERS);Secret Service Agents (Only if covered under FERS);Secret Service Uniformed Division (Only if covered under FERS);TSA Federal Air Marshals;U.S. Marshals.

Comment

• Pretty miniscule list of non 6c gigs relative to all FLEO gigs, IMO. The way the question was asked, I thought they had abolished 6c for most positions for new employees coming in or something. Most of the typical FLEO gigs are 6c it appears. But I didn't realize FPS or VA Police weren't.

Non - Covered Law Enforcement Officer's Occupation

Positions that typically do not qualify As Law Enforcement Officer Positions under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS)

Assistant U.S. Attorneys;Bureau of Engraving and Printing Police;DEA Diversion Investigators;DHS Federal Protective Service;DOD Police;GPO Police;Guards at Government buildings or other facilities;IRS Revenue Officers;Mint Police;Secret Service Special Officers;VA Police
            Last edited by bayranger; 02-06-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              Then I guess those aren't full authority law enforcement gigs with arrest powers?

No they are. They have full arrest authority... They just aren't covered under 6c.

Comment

• IF the last step I had completed was receiving the COE and finishing the security packet, and that was 2 months ago, should I just keep waiting or am I at a point where I can call and check on status?

Comment

• I guess my question is which gives you the 2.5% a year instead of the 1.7%. And what is USSS SA.

Comment

I guess my question is which gives you the 2.5% a year instead of the 1.7%. And what is USSS SA.
                    CSRS is gone. It's only FERS

1.7% per year. After 20 years you get 34% of your high 3 salary.

If you were hired before 1/1/2013 you paid in .8% each paycheck.

If you were hired after 2013 but before 2014, you pay 3.1% of your paycheck

If you were hired today I believe it's 4.3% of each paycheck to get the retirement.

Gotta love the ****ty federal 6c retirement

Comment

• Okay thanks. but with the leo retirement I can retire if I did 20 years at any age . I believe cbp is 25 years fat any age . and If I retire before 57 I possibly can be penalized. Just trying to make sure the switch would be worth it in the long run..but sounds like it, its the same retirement now
                      Last edited by Gummertime; 02-07-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Okay thanks. but with the leo retirement I can retire if I did 20 years at any age . I believe cbp is 25 years fat any age . and If I retire before 57 I possibly can be penalized. Just trying to make sure the switch would be worth it in the long run..but sounds like it, its the same retirement now
                        It's the same. 6c is 6c. Both FERS. It's 20 years at age 50 or 25 years at any age. Mandatory retirement at age 57.

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
                          CSRS is gone. It's only FERS

1.7% per year. After 20 years you get 34% of your high 3 salary.

If you were hired before 1/1/2013 you paid in .8% each paycheck.

If you were hired after 2013 but before 2014, you pay 3.1% of your paycheck

If you were hired today I believe it's 4.3% of each paycheck to get the retirement.

Gotta love the ****ty federal 6c retirement
                          So with 34% of your highest 3 yrs said..... I know the pay is good while you're there, but in reality I better save up the whole time I'm there in order to live good after I leave the feds...? Or at least have an additional outside retirement fund set up to supplement the federal retirement. Which I know is a no brainer but I'm just saying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well you get tsp sooo if you're smart you should have at least a 800k. Lots of guys I work with are in the millions

Comment

Well you get tsp sooo if you're smart you should have at least a 800k. Lots of guys I work with are in the millions
                              Not to be a total Debbie Downer, but even assuming a 7% total return over the entire 20 years, and including maxing out your contributions at $18k per year, you'd be lucky to be over $800k at retirement.

Not to mention, that contributing $18k per year is a HUGE portion of your salary for he first few years if you are coming in as a GL-7. Hell, even as a 13 it is a sizable chunk of change.

Comment

• Well there's a lot of people that are over 1 million. It's not unheard of, and the old folks I work with say if I don't have over 1 million when I retire. I suck lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9997 users online. 462 members and 9535 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X