Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was post follow-up/additional information. Medical exam was March 2015 and follow-up info was submitted April 2015. When you do medical, you aren't being evaluated by a doc from USSS (mine was done at a federal building's occupational health office) so they don't do anything besides record everything. 100% speech recognition and word discrimination apparently don't matter either, so don't hold out hope for that lol.

Good luck!
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Speaking of... I guess my calls to DC HR this last month worked. I just got an email response finally.
      I hear ya, Reaper... They deemed me medically not qualified as well. Won't go into personal details but I've been cleared medically for law enforcement the last 16 years in three different agencies for a lifelong issue. In fact, I was just cleared again for my current agency a few weeks ago on my regular medical eval. But it's all good.
      Honestly I'm just glad to have an answer either way. May 2014 was a long time ago. Oh well. Sucks to smoke the whole process and know you're qualified then get cut at the end but such is life. Wasn't meant to be. I've got a good gig so I'm fine.
      Best of luck to everyone left standing. Tell Obama/Hillary/Trump "Hi" for me...
      For ****s and giggles, here's my final Timeline:

Applied - 5/2/14 (notified SAEE 6/2)
      SAEE - 6/11/14 (notified passed 6/16)
      SPI - 6/23/14 (notified passed 8/11)***
      COE - 8/11/14 (GS-9)***
      Security Packet turned in - 8/18/14
      Security Interview - 8/28/14
      Polygraph - 10/20/14 (called on 10/1)
      Background started - 1/26/15
      Medical Exam - 2/3/15
      Home Interview - 2/3/15
      Med follow up rec'd - 2/24/15
      Med follow up submitted by Dr- 3/9/15
      BQA: Medical - 2/3/16

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
        Speaking of... I guess my calls to DC HR this last month worked. I just got an email response finally.
        I hear ya, Reaper... They deemed me medically not qualified as well. Won't go into personal details but I've been cleared medically for law enforcement the last 16 years in three different agencies for a lifelong issue. In fact, I was just cleared again for my current agency a few weeks ago on my regular medical eval. But it's all good.
        Honestly I'm just glad to have an answer either way. May 2014 was a long time ago. Oh well. Sucks to smoke the whole process and know you're qualified then get cut at the end but such is life. Wasn't meant to be. I've got a good gig so I'm fine.

COE - 8/11/14 (GS-9)***
        Medical Exam - 2/3/15
        Home Interview - 2/3/15

Sorry brother keep your head up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
          This was post follow-up/additional information. Medical exam was March 2015 and follow-up info was submitted April 2015. When you do medical, you aren't being evaluated by a doc from USSS (mine was done at a federal building's occupational health office) so they don't do anything besides record everything. 100% speech recognition and word discrimination apparently don't matter either, so don't hold out hope for that lol.

Good luck!
          Understood. I recently completed my medical within the last few weeks (also at an occupational health office). I guess I wish I would have remembered my numbers now since you posted the standards. I know the decision still remains with the reviewers though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaking of... I guess my calls to DC HR this last month worked. I just got an email response finally.

COE - 8/11/14 (GS-9)***
            Medical Exam - 2/3/15
            Home Interview - 2/3/15

Damn! That's some B.S. right there man. I wonder why it took them so long to tell you this. Maybe your medical condition of being awesome was too much for this rank and file outfit. Oh well...there will definitely be other opportunities bro. Good luck in everything else. Seeing you BQA'd just gives me the feeling that the bell tolls for me too.
            OUT!!

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Reaper and Bayranger. I suppose it is better to know than keep waiting, even if the decision is questionable and it's a shame they couldn't have gotten you that decision long ago. Best to you both in the future!

Comment

• Unbelievably I literally just got a call from USPIS "1811" application to schedule my Information Exchange (it's like step 4 in their process - testing and initial interview).
                One door closes... Another one opens. Immediately! Wow.

Comment

Unbelievably I literally just got a call from USPIS "1811" application to schedule my Information Exchange (it's like step 4 in their process - testing and initial interview).
                  One door closes... Another one opens. Immediately! Wow.

Everything happens for a reason! Best of luck to both you and Reaper!
                  USSS SA & (UD)
                  Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                  SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                  SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                  COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                  Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                  Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                  Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                  Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                  Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                  The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                    I know someone on here was asking about the hearing requirements not too long ago (but I'm not scrolling back through to find who). Here ya go:

"An applicant for the Criminal Investigator position must have a hearing loss of no greater than 25 dB at the 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz level in each ear."

Fun Fact:
                    I now know this information because instead of getting the call, I got a DQ email for my hearing loss. I guess being and deploying as a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps, being a PSS/DDM in Kabul, and working as a District Representative for a U.S. Congressman doesn't carry much weight in demonstrating my (unaided) hearing capabilities.

Best of luck to everyone!
                    Best of luck to you too my man!
                    OUT!!

Comment

• ***Delete***
                      Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                        Hate to hear that bayranger....glad to hear that bayranger... this kind of goes back to the prior post that I had a few months ago about it if it has been an abnormally long time... Make those phone calls and find out what's going on....

"Read between the lines"
                        Thanks Bronc. Yeah the letter mentioned March of last year as the status point. That guy must type really REALLY slow! Haha

Comment

• Feel like I'm in the same boat bayranger, but different water. In two weeks it will be the one year anniversary of my polygraph with UD. I suspect a BQA email has been a long time coming (Recent College Grad, no Vet or LE). Not sure how many more months of calls and emails it will take for someone to actually determine where my application is. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst at this point.

Comment

• Has a job posting gone up yet?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ouch. Sorry Reaper, Bayranger. Good luck with everything else, and stay safe.

Comment

• Now Bernie Sanders also has USSS protection. When I read that, all I could think was "ugh, hiring process just got even slower."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13298 users online. 470 members and 12828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X