Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is off-topic, sort of, but it cracks me up that there's a can of pre-workout as the "thumbnail" for the USSS SA thread now (on Tapatalk, at least). #reaperrepresentuploadfromtaptalk1454172271003.jpg

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Well. Put in my notice to transfer on out of this debacle of an agency.

The absolute disregard for employees here is evident.

You can't work someone 16 hours a day 7 days a week, delete Approved AL, disregard OT worked and expect them to stick around.

If you can get in, grab that CITP cert and move on as fast as possible. Management says things are "changing", but the reality is, for those of us that have been in government for awhile know, change is a check box without really changing anything.

I'll close with my most awkwardly funny moment in this service.

A final walk through of a site, a supervisor actually asked me the Burn rate of the carpet. I surprisingly had the answer.

After giving him the critical radiant flux (CRF) of the material in the carpet, the math formula and variances of material, he looked at me totally dumbfounded and clueless, he moved on.

If you can't understand the answer to a question you asked. Why in the F*** would you ask it?

Boggles the mind of the mentality of the leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoodhand View Post
        Congrats to you fellas who got the call in the last couple weeks, must be a great feeling. I am post home interview and submitted a med follow up at the end of Sept 2015 with no word since. I have called HR a couple times inquiring if anyone could tell me anything and had some luck last week. I spoke with a gentleman who listened to where I was at and said he knew someone in medical and would check with him to see if he could tell me anything. He called me back later that day and told me they had my packet but medical is backed up right now so mine won't be reviewed for atleast 2 months. I figure in Fed speak that is probably closer to 4 but we shall see. It was nice to hear something solid (somewhat) about where things are sitting right now.
        Which number are you calling? I'm from Chicago and I was notified that I passed the POST test via email on 7/17/15, after have had taken it on 7/9/15. It currently states that I was referred for an interview but I've not heard since. When I email, there's no response and when I call, it's an automated machine that gets me nowhere.

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry. Thought I was in the SS UD thread.
        Last edited by AdBz; 01-31-2016, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
          Well. Put in my notice to transfer on out of this debacle of an agency.
          You use the word "transfer." What are you trying to transfer to? Something else in DHS?

Comment

• Well reading the reviews about the company that OPM awarded the id protection to has me a bit worried. You know what I am talking about if you got the letter.

Comment

• ^So far everything is ok. I guess we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
                Well. Put in my notice to transfer on out of this debacle of an agency.

The absolute disregard for employees here is evident.

You can't work someone 16 hours a day 7 days a week, delete Approved AL, disregard OT worked and expect them to stick around.

If you can get in, grab that CITP cert and move on as fast as possible. Management says things are "changing", but the reality is, for those of us that have been in government for awhile know, change is a check box without really changing anything.

I'll close with my most awkwardly funny moment in this service.

A final walk through of a site, a supervisor actually asked me the Burn rate of the carpet. I surprisingly had the answer.

After giving him the critical radiant flux (CRF) of the material in the carpet, the math formula and variances of material, he looked at me totally dumbfounded and clueless, he moved on.

If you can't understand the answer to a question you asked. Why in the F*** would you ask it?

Boggles the mind of the mentality of the leadership.
                Take care and good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                  Well reading the reviews about the company that OPM awarded the id protection to has me a bit worried. You know what I am talking about if you got the letter.
                  Always a fun time when you and your wife both receive letters haha. I was like "oh look babe, samesies!" We both knew it was only a matter of time haha.
                  "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                    Always a fun time when you and your wife both receive letters haha. I was like "oh look babe, samesies!" We both knew it was only a matter of time haha.
                    We both got em, too.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp123 View Post
                      Haha no! Just a JD degree.
                      Hello, I'm a current cbpo (airport) just 8 months on. I interned with usss and its my dream job. I was just wondering what's the best avenue to take at cbp to make myself more attractive to the usss? I have a bachelors and currently getting my masters in homeland security and emergency management. In your experience do cbpo's get 1811 positions with other agencies? Thank you for your help and best of luck in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                        Hello, I'm a current cbpo (airport) just 8 months on. I interned with usss and its my dream job. I was just wondering what's the best avenue to take at cbp to make myself more attractive to the usss? I have a bachelors and currently getting my masters in homeland security and emergency management. In your experience do cbpo's get 1811 positions with other agencies? Thank you for your help and best of luck in the process.
                        HAve you already applied online

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                          All you have to do is apply and meet the qualifications. There is no special CBP doorway or barrier. You will be evaluated and chosen like everyone else. From what I read you seem to qualify. That's great that you want to grow with your professional life; however, have you considered other 1811 positions or do you only want the USSS position? There are other 1811 positions where you do more investigation and it is less strenuous on your personal life. I'm just curious. I read somewhere that CBP internal affairs was hiring not to long ago. Not trying to discourage you, just recommending other options.
                          OUT!!

Comment

• SI next week. Finally

Comment

• I know someone on here was asking about the hearing requirements not too long ago (but I'm not scrolling back through to find who). Here ya go:

"An applicant for the Criminal Investigator position must have a hearing loss of no greater than 25 dB at the 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz level in each ear."

Fun Fact:
                              I now know this information because instead of getting the call, I got a DQ email for my hearing loss. I guess being and deploying as a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps, being a PSS/DDM in Kabul, and working as a District Representative for a U.S. Congressman doesn't carry much weight in demonstrating my (unaided) hearing capabilities.

Best of luck to everyone!
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                                I know someone on here was asking about the hearing requirements not too long ago (but I'm not scrolling back through to find who). Here ya go:

"An applicant for the Criminal Investigator position must have a hearing loss of no greater than 25 dB at the 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz level in each ear."

Fun Fact:
                                I now know this information because instead of getting the call, I got a DQ email for my hearing loss. I guess being and deploying as a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps, being a PSS/DDM in Kabul, and working as a District Representative for a U.S. Congressman doesn't carry much weight in demonstrating my (unaided) hearing capabilities.

Best of luck to everyone!
                                No follow-up or anything? Approximately how long after your medical did you receive the DQ letter? That's probably the only thing that I'm worried about now that you mention it. Did the doc address it or point it out (compared to the requirements) while you were there?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9815 users online. 424 members and 9391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X