300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
    The only thing I can say is that you will more than likely never meet the people who ultimately decide if you are going to get hired. What he probably means is that you are competitive enough to get hired but what he doesn't see is your competition. I really don't understand why they tell yall stuff like that because they aren't on the panel. I would take it as meaning "you have everything needed to be hired" and nothing more.

If they 48 other people are in that same category of praise as you, but get called first then what? The SAIC not SAC saying that, as you mentioned, gives false hope and my advice to the board in regards to HI and what agents tell you about how you are a "shoe-in" should be taken with a grain of salt.

As of now the only people who matter in determining if you are a "shoe-in" or not, do not conduct HIs and work at HQ.

But keep the faith. Your time is coming.

Oh I missed your other question: I won't BS you
    No I do not not know what the hiring panel is looking for. The panel changes with each panel so preferences are different. Everyone who makes it to the panel is pretty much competitive. Sorry I don't have a more favorable or better answer. I also spoke with the boss of our hiring squad and she too does not know what the panel looks for. It's one of those things where only the individual on that particular panel knows what there are going to look for.
    Yeah. I was hoping at the conclusion of the HI they would have just told me that my file was being sent to DC for review and they will determine if you are highly qualified rather than give me hope. Hope is all I got going for me at the moment. I'm just doing what I have to do at work while I check my phone several times making sure the volume is up and has sufficient battery.

Once again, thanks for the insight and for taking the time to respond to our questions. For now, I will just let the stars align and stay positive through out this process. I really am hoping that there are many spots open for the rumored March and April classes.

Comment

• Did anyone's FO notify them when they sent up the packet to DC? or is it one of those things were you assume its been sent up sometime after the HI/background has been completed.

I'm thinking that would play a role on how long you wait for a call since if the FO is busy and doesn't get to sending it up right away, that's time you think you are waiting for a call but in reality its not up yet.

I mention this because I was told mine would be sent up Monday but when I contacted my FO to verify this Tuesday they said it has not been sent and that it will "probably" be sent this week. Thus, while I have completed the steps I'm technically not in the pool yet.
      USSS SA & (UD)
      Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
      SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
      SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
      COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
      Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
      Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
      Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
      Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
      Home Interview - January 20, 2016
      The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• I was advised by my FO that my packet was done but a supervisor had to sign off on it. He was out sick for the week so they were looking at the week after to get it sent off. I'm a glass half full guy so it just gives me more time to get in better shape and clear out some of my old cases before I get the call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
          I was advised by my FO that my packet was done but a supervisor had to sign off on it. He was out sick for the week so they were looking at the week after to get it sent off. I'm a glass half full guy so it just gives me more time to get in better shape and clear out some of my old cases before I get the call.

Did they just send you that information or were you checking in for an update?

In the end it's not a big deal since we don't have any control over the timetable. Just curious and wonder when I should start getting jumpy when my phone starts to vibrate haha.

Who am I kidding, I jump every time it does off right now
          USSS SA & (UD)
          Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)

Comment

• That's what they told me at the end of the home interview. Haven't checked in. Figured if I don't here anything in a month I will check in with my background investigator to get an update. I think my commonwealth attorney's office is freaking about this more than I am, got a bunch of pending homicide trials coming up and they are afraid I'm gonna be out soon. They ask me every day if I got the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
              That's what they told me at the end of the home interview. Haven't checked in. Figured if I don't here anything in a month I will check in with my background investigator to get an update. I think my commonwealth attorney's office is freaking about this more than I am, got a bunch of pending homicide trials coming up and they are afraid I'm gonna be out soon. They ask me every day if I got the call.

I know how that is, people at my firm ask me almost everyday when I will hear. I give them the "anywhere between 1 week and 9 months." and then I die a little on the inside and refresh this thread.
              USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tango_Alpha;3815299]Did anyone's FO notify them when they sent up the packet to DC? or is it one of those things were you assume its been sent up sometime after the HI/background has been completed.

I'm thinking that would play a role on how long you wait for a call since if the FO is busy and doesn't get to sending it up right away, that's time you think you are waiting for a call but in reality its not up yet.

I mention this because I was told mine would be sent up Monday but when I contacted my FO to verify this Tuesday they said it has not been sent and that it will "probably" be sent this week. Thus, while I have completed the steps I'm technically not in the pool yet.[/QUOTE

I was not notified. However, after my HI/local background was completed in October, I had my drug screening in November. I had to mail my results to DC.

Comment

• Just got the call! Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMtech View Post
                    Just got the call! Good luck to everyone else!
                    Congratulations!
                    LA, NYC, SF, and...?

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Waiting

Waiting sucks, I remember it all too well. Just work out, do your current job well (who knows, you might get that promotion you want and stay/go where you and your family prefer to go, etc.), read up on the job from books (there's some truth with most critics), hang out with friends and family more, and get ready to move. Basically refresh this thread once a day. And that's it (gasp). Start selling off stuff because when the call comes, it's a mad rush to finish up work and get you and the family ready. Especially if your wife just gave birth... Like someone in this thread (congrats!!)

Unless you're in LA, NYC, or DC with UD. Then you're probably staying put lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Congratulations!
                        LA, NYC, SF, and...?

He's already moved on...

Comment

• He probably is still running out that "I got the call" high.
                          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• I didn't forget you guys! I start feb 8th so I'm going a little nuts getting things in order. I was only offered those three offices bayranger mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                              He probably is still running out that "I got the call" high.
                              BOOM!

GOT THE CALL LAST NIGHT. SAME CITIES PLUS "THE 2ND CITY"

8th as well

Comment

• Originally posted by 41376 View Post
                                BOOM!

GOT THE CALL LAST NIGHT. SAME CITIES PLUS "THE 2ND CITY"

8th as well
                                Awesome! Boom, indeed. Congrats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11992 users online. 451 members and 11541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X