Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ***Delete***
    Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:41 PM.

    Comment


    • ***Delete***
      Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:40 PM.

      Comment


      • Happy Friday! May the day be filled with calls from 202 numbers
        USSS SA & (UD)
        Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
        SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
        SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
        COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
        Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
        Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
        Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
        Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
        Home Interview - January 20, 2016
        The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
          I opened the presidential limo door and I closed the presidential limo door it involved nothing but technique. No door in the field is as heavy as that one.

          Also speaking about a rollover changes the perspective of the OP's original post.
          Bronc_Smith: appreciate the responses to many of our questions.

          So my file has been sitting with the hiring panel for a little over 2 months now. Do you know what the hiring panel is looking for when making a decision? I am a current Federal Agent with the USBP, I would have thought that my federal experience along with many other things would do have gotten me a call already. What is your opinion or take on that?

          The SAC that was present during my HI along with the other 2 agents, congratulated me. He stated, "although I cannot officially say you have been hired because that is not my department, welcome to the family. You will enjoy your new career with the USSS. Start preparing yourself and your family. The call will come very soon for an academy date, so you need to be ready physically and mentally."

          Hearing these words will get a person thinking he got the job. I spoke to my BI about a month ago and told me that The holidays tend to slow things down. Be optimistic for 2016 and that all will fall in place for me. Yet, here I am wondering if I will even get selected or if I have already been passed up.

          Comment


          • Update from Agent Strong's go fund me page. He now has movement in his right arm. That is really good news and it is possible he will get back more functionality.

            Comment


            • For anyone who was thinking about calling the general 202-406-5271 number for a status update -- don't bother. Their system is down this morning. The woman I talked to said they've been trying to get it back up for the past few hours with no success and to try again on Monday.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
                "Ok breathe you're doing great! Wait, hold on sweetie its a 202 number I have to take this, if you could hold off for a few minutes that would be great. Think about baseball that always works for me"
                Well baby came a few days early and in a total time of 7 hours. ... But no call haha. Which is good because I'm free to talk today as we lay around the hospital lol.
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                Comment


                • Congratulations!

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone know what the hearing req is for USSS? I was born with some hearing loss in one ear. The other is perfect my physician says. I checked the announcement but couldn't find anything.

                    I'm assuming that req would be similar to what I found under IRS:
                    "Hearing Requirements

                    Hearing loss, as measured by an audiometer, must not exceed 30 decibels (A.S.A.) or equivalent (I.S.O.) in either ear in the 500, 1000, 2000 Hz ranges. You must be able to hear the whispered voice at 15 feet with each ear without the use of a hearing aid."

                    Folks are telling me to not worry about it but given my process was moving along steadily but has stalled a bit after the medical, I'm just wanting to be realistic about things....especially since this has been a life long issue.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                      Well baby came a few days early and in a total time of 7 hours. ... But no call haha. Which is good because I'm free to talk today as we lay around the hospital lol.
                      Congrats brother

                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                        Well baby came a few days early and in a total time of 7 hours. ... But no call haha. Which is good because I'm free to talk today as we lay around the hospital lol.
                        Congratulations... Dad!

                        Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                          The call will come very soon for an academy date, so you need to be ready physically and mentally."

                          Hearing these words will get a person thinking he got the job. I spoke to my BI about a month ago and told me that The holidays tend to slow things down. Be optimistic for 2016 and that all will fall in place for me. Yet, here I am wondering if I will even get selected or if I have already been passed up.
                          That sounds awful familiar with me. About 11 months ago. I think my medical follow up tripped my process up but who knows. I'll be calling for an update Monday as it'll be 3 weeks since he told me he'd investigate my file.

                          Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                            Well baby came a few days early and in a total time of 7 hours. ... But no call haha. Which is good because I'm free to talk today as we lay around the hospital lol.
                            Congratulations!!! I hope you got your sleep before the baby came because you will not get any now lol. You will seeing 202 numbers in all of your hallucinations lol
                            OUT!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                              Bronc_Smith: appreciate the responses to many of our questions.

                              So my file has been sitting with the hiring panel for a little over 2 months now. Do you know what the hiring panel is looking for when making a decision? I am a current Federal Agent with the USBP, I would have thought that my federal experience along with many other things would do have gotten me a call already. What is your opinion or take on that?

                              The SAC that was present during my HI along with the other 2 agents, congratulated me. He stated, "although I cannot officially say you have been hired because that is not my department, welcome to the family. You will enjoy your new career with the USSS. Start preparing yourself and your family. The call will come very soon for an academy date, so you need to be ready physically and mentally."

                              Hearing these words will get a person thinking he got the job. I spoke to my BI about a month ago and told me that The holidays tend to slow things down. Be optimistic for 2016 and that all will fall in place for me. Yet, here I am wondering if I will even get selected or if I have already been passed up.
                              Yep that sounds like what happened to me as well. We must be a part of the family that never gets invited to the reunion.
                              OUT!!

                              Comment


                              • ***Delete***
                                Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:39 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4988 users online. 325 members and 4663 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X