300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
    Don't you just love the emails telling you that you will be receiving another email at some point?
    I give them credit for at least attempting to keep people informed of what's going on with their application and what to expect. It's better than waiting months and months with no word. But it's also assuming that there will be follow through accordingly.....and that certainly remains to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
      I should start a side business making "N/A" ink stamps and hock them on here and make a killing.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
      I should have went to Staples and had one made.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
        I don't know... I only worry about myself... I also don't care... Because I know who will never fail a PT test...this guy
        Best bit of advice out there.
        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
          Best bit of advice out there.
          I get that and I've worked in both. No, you can't worry about other people. But I much prefer to work with like-motivated people who challenge me than simply be the best agent among a bunch of sloths. Not to mention those guys will be your partners/backup when you're in the thick.
          I'm going to worry about myself either way... But I'd rather work in Firefox's motivated group (example) than a donut clan.
          Plus I'd like to work with Reaper bc I know he's got top shelf pre-workout...

Last edited by bayranger; 01-27-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• ***Delete***
            Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Very deep Bronc...I like it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                I get what you are saying and this would be great if we were talking about the military or swat or cat. Its really hard to describe but it's really not like that in these offices. You really don't have time to worry about others and when in comes time "get in the thick" everyone is ready.

Being an investigator is such an independent duty you just really don't have time to be worried about that. There are those on my floor that are fat bodies and I never once thought about "man I don't want him in the stack on a raid" and on the contrary, there are those that are superman and I don't care and no one else cares. At the end of the day everyone produces. We are not street cops so we aren't chasing after ANYONE. We operate smarter not harder...we are the feds...we will get them...not if you are on CST or HAMMER then people worry about maintaining that fitness...

It's hard to explain/understand and on the outside you may say otherwise but once you get in, it will make sense. You'll get all the challenging you need when those fat bodies work circles around you with their investigative skills. Generally the only person who cares about Fitness is you because in the Secret Service the only thing the agency cares about is investigative stats and protection and you don't have to be fit to be king at either one of them. Personally I think they should do away with the fitness test... Not that I don't want to be in shape what is number 1 or joke and number 2 is really not needed to be a criminal investigator in my opinion. Keep in mind also that motivation from others isn't going to come in the form of fitness... is simply by who wants to work and who doesn't... You can have a fat body that's an investigative genius I can't rock and roll in a surveillance and don't give a damn about kicking down a door... And you can have a fitness superstar who is just collecting a paycheck, who doesn't want to help out on surveillance or trash pull, who doesnt want to go undercover, who never volunteers for anything and you always find them in the gym ... Taking advantage of every opportunity he can to get a workout in.

Just continue to focus you and do what YOU have to do...I ain't going to lie...it's hard as heck to stay fit with our random schedules but at the end of the day, don't worry about what you end up with in your squad, you can't control it but what you can control is employing others within their capabilities and limitations when you are team leader on a raid... that's what a real leader does
                I appreciate what you're saying, both about worrying about oneself and what is actually needed to be a good agent and a good leader, and how difficult it would be to stay in top shape given schedules and travel and everything. But to play devil's advocate a little bit, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope and expect agents have some basic level of fitness, even if the test we have to pass in training isn't continually given throughout careers.

This is supposed to be an elite law enforcement agency, and while it may not require the same physicality of other law enforcement organizations, having agents on the job that are obviously in poor health and/or lacking in physical fitness abilities is at best embarrassing, at worst seems as if it could lead to more significant problems in terms of carrying out the agency's missions. I remember reading an article awhile ago (can't find it now) that mentioned there was an agent who had difficulty opening and closing the door to the president's limo because it's so heavy. Whether the article got that right or not I don't even know, but I hope to be the kind of agent one day who has pride in not only myself, but in the image I'm giving of the agency overall and helping to elevate it in the eyes of the public rather than make anyone question my abilities as an agent or the USSS in general.
                Last edited by fedxfit; 01-28-2016, 06:32 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

I'm going to worry about myself either way... But I'd rather work in Firefox's motivated group (example) than a donut clan.
                  Plus I'd like to work with Reaper bc I know he's got top shelf pre-workout...
                  Ok well 1...

and 2...

During my home interview the agents randomly mentioned: "just so you know, you're not going to be able to workout for three or four hours a day in this job." (Obviously I expected that) They jumped topics and said that which threw me off lol (must have found a trend when interviewing neighbors). Times have changed and a few weeks after my HI, I got a fed gig (non LE) on the other side of the tracks so I'm down to 1.5hrs in the AM. ...but I'll share the PWO BayRanger. (Plot Twist: I store the PWO on the bottom shelf.)

I agree with both Bay and Bronc because I've seen all sides of this argument in the military, EPD/contracting world, and in my current fed gig.

Well off for a run (more like a waddle) before I spend the next 8hrs waiting for a call or for the Mrs to pop out our first. ...which by the way, she and I both know the call is going to come as he's tearing out. Haha!

Comment

Ok well 1...

Ohhh thats fancy looking. I myself have been using C4 religiously for a couple years. I've tried a few others but I like the small amount of water you can mix c4 with plus it is delicious.
                    USSS SA & (UD)
                    Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                    SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                    SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                    COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                    Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                    Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                    Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                    Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                    Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                    The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

Ok well 1...

"(Plot Twist: I store the PWO on the bottom shelf.)" - this made me LMAO

"the Mrs to pop out our first. ...which by the way, she and I both know the call is going to come as he's tearing out. Haha!" - Congrats! Geez I hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

"the Mrs to pop out our first. ...which by the way, she and I both know the call is going to come as he's tearing out. Haha!" - Congrats! Geez I hope that doesn't happen.

"Ok breathe you're doing great! Wait, hold on sweetie its a 202 number I have to take this, if you could hold off for a few minutes that would be great. Think about baseball that always works for me"
                        USSS SA & (UD)
                        Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
                          "Ok breathe you're doing great! Wait, hold on sweetie its a 202 number I have to take this, if you could hold off for a few minutes that would be great. Think about baseball that always works for me"
                          Ha! Pretty much how I'm assuming it will go.

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                          "(Plot Twist: I store the PWO on the bottom shelf.)" - this made me LMAO
                          Thanks man, me too haha

Comment

Last edited by darklink; 03-13-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darklink View Post
                              I had noticed my application status had updated a couple weeks ago so I had a feeling this was coming, but it's good to finally get confirmation of it. How long does it usually take to get contacted for the interview? Any tips on how to prepare?
                              Going rate is 2 weeks to 3.14 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by darklink View Post
                                I had noticed my application status had updated a couple weeks ago so I had a feeling this was coming, but it's good to finally get confirmation of it. How long does it usually take to get contacted for the interview? Any tips on how to prepare?
                                I can tell you that it took about a month for me to hear back but every FO is different so it is a wait and see situation. As for tips, I can't discuss what went on in the interview but I can say just relax and be professional.
                                USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6703 users online. 305 members and 6398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X