300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    I'm not Bronc, obviously, but I can tell you that mere participation is required on fed LEO fitness tests. I work with 2 consistent failers. Once you're in, they can't fire you for a PEB / agency fitness test score. You usually have the go-getters that are always trying to best their last score (ie they're always in shape anyway) and the ones that phone it in and fail consistently (ie they're always out of shape). The Academy is a different story.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
    I can tell you fitness level varies significantly from office to office. I work at an office where fitness is very important to the SAIC, thus the office is in pretty good shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
      I can tell you fitness level varies significantly from office to office. I work at an office where fitness is very important to the SAIC, thus the office is in pretty good shape.
      Hoping I get one of those.

Comment

• Congrats to you fellas who got the call in the last couple weeks, must be a great feeling. I am post home interview and submitted a med follow up at the end of Sept 2015 with no word since. I have called HR a couple times inquiring if anyone could tell me anything and had some luck last week. I spoke with a gentleman who listened to where I was at and said he knew someone in medical and would check with him to see if he could tell me anything. He called me back later that day and told me they had my packet but medical is backed up right now so mine won't be reviewed for atleast 2 months. I figure in Fed speak that is probably closer to 4 but we shall see. It was nice to hear something solid (somewhat) about where things are sitting right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoodhand View Post
          Congrats to you fellas who got the call in the last couple weeks, must be a great feeling. I am post home interview and submitted a med follow up at the end of Sept 2015 with no word since. I have called HR a couple times inquiring if anyone could tell me anything and had some luck last week. I spoke with a gentleman who listened to where I was at and said he knew someone in medical and would check with him to see if he could tell me anything. He called me back later that day and told me they had my packet but medical is backed up right now so mine won't be reviewed for atleast 2 months. I figure in Fed speak that is probably closer to 4 but we shall see. It was nice to hear something solid (somewhat) about where things are sitting right now.
          Congrats. Not on finishing the process... But the more difficult accomplishment of getting actual info as to where you stand! Impressive! [emoji6]

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            Bronc, in all honesty, how often are current SA's tested for physical fitness, and what happens if an SA fails? I ask because not a single SA I've had contact with at my local FO would be able to do a pull-up if asked, or run further than the donut box near the water cooler. The two SA's that did my panel interview were both about 5'6" and well over 225 pounds, and they weren't muscular... You could see their bellies hanging over their pants. The SA that did my background locally was of similar proportions, though maybe a tad taller. Funny thing was, they made sure to tell me, over and over, that physical fitness is mandatory and that I need to make sure I'm ready for that... This being told to a guy that never scored below 300 on any USMC PFT.

I know the stated policy is that SA's are tested quarterly, but how can that be with what I've seen?
            Don't put anything past fat dudes...

segal.jpg sammo.jpg bean.jpg ehonda.jpg
            OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
              Don't put anything past fat dudes...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14502[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14503[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14505[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14504[/ATTACH]
              Butterbean lol
              That last one tho'... Clap Clap Clap Clap....

Comment

• Yea I couldn't believe it when I got a call back with actual information. Plus, I can stop jumping for my phone everytime it rings for a few months which will be nice in its own right.

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                Congrats. Not on finishing the process... But the more difficult accomplishment of getting actual info as to where you stand! Impressive! [emoji6]

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoodhand View Post
                  Yea I couldn't believe it when I got a call back with actual information. Plus, I can stop jumping for my phone everytime it rings for a few months which will be nice in its own right.
                  Did you get this individuals name so we can all request him on future calls?

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                    I liked putting "N/A" in every blank space...that was fun. But I'd do it 1,000x's over for that call.
                    But yea, I just did a BI for another agency on Saturday via E-Qip. I was done in 14 minutes (yep, I timed it) with two updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Did you seriously put N/A in every blank space, even if you answered that the question was inapplicable? For instance, if the question says "If NO proceed to questions XX.x" you still went through and put N/A in every blank space for the question you answered NO to, even though the instructions say to just proceed to the next question?

Also, did anyone else find that the form was buggy? For instance, in the section for listing Relatives, it says that Country is required, yet doesn't give "United States" as an option. Did you handwrite that in or just leave it blank?

I know these sound like petty questions, but from the sounds of some reports they can be extremely tickytack with the way these forms are completed.

Comment

• I don't want to sound like a d***, but i'm not going to throw his name out there on a public forum, especially not without his permission. I got the info through the general number that has been posted here before, (202) 406-5271 option 3. Just told them I was a SA applicant and trying to find out whats going on with the process and I got a lucky transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                        Did you seriously put N/A in every blank space, even if you answered that the question was inapplicable? For instance, if the question says "If NO proceed to questions XX.x" you still went through and put N/A in every blank space for the question you answered NO to, even though the instructions say to just proceed to the next question?

Also, did anyone else find that the form was buggy? For instance, in the section for listing Relatives, it says that Country is required, yet doesn't give "United States" as an option. Did you handwrite that in or just leave it blank?

I know these sound like petty questions, but from the sounds of some reports they can be extremely tickytack with the way these forms are completed.
                        I did exactly that with the country mess up. When you sit down for your security interview you can point out and explain those things. It wasn't a big deal in the end. But an annoyance up front, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                          Applicant Lowballed is offered a school seat as a Gl 7.

Applicant Lowballed feels that they should be a Gl 9 and inquires about it.

Applicant Lowballed is told they they can appeal the pay before grade after being hired and to answer if they want the job or not.

Applicant Lowballed accepts and goes to the academy.

Applicant Lowballed writes an official letter to DC stating why they have the experience or education to be a GL 9 vs 7.

DC reviews and then DC decides.

If you had a masters at the time of hire, you will be converted to a 9. Any other scenario=good luck
                          Hahah this is awesome.

Thanks for the response. Good thing I went back to get my Masters right after I finished undergrad. Got a couple steps before getting to that point, anyway.

Comment

• Did you put N/A in every blank space, even where it instructed you to move on to the next question?

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                              Did you put N/A in every blank space, even where it instructed you to move on to the next question?
                              If there was that specific check box or whatever on those sections you're talking about, I didn't. But any other space where it didn't specify or wasn't clear, I N/A'd the **** out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                                If there was that specific check box or whatever on those sections you're talking about, I didn't. But any other space where it didn't specify or wasn't clear, I N/A'd the **** out of it.

LOL thanks for the response. That was my approach too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4310 users online. 274 members and 4036 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X