Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the cool kids pee their pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• I am a former UD officer from about 10 years ago. When I went through hiring for UD, we had to fill out background information back to birth. That was a challenge, let me tell you.

Comment

• On mine they didn't want any information from before age 18, and since I'm only 27 I didn't have to go back too far lol

Comment

• It's all there in the instructions just do whatever that says. That's how the people not on this forum figure it out. [emoji6]

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            That seems absolutely asinine. For one, how the hell can an applicant be expected to remember back to elementary school. Further, if an applicant did do something stupid in elementary school, how is that indicative of anything? My kids, who are in elementary school, are totally different people than they were last year, when they were also in elementary school.
            No joke. I thought it was weird myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              It's all there in the instructions just do whatever that says. That's how the people not on this forum figure it out. [emoji6]

This is completely unrelated but I wonder if USSS is the only agency that doesn't use Equip. I was cursing sotto voce while I was filling out all 100+ pages. My info is already in Equip and all I would have had to do was fill in anything new.
              OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                This is completely unrelated but I wonder if USSS is the only agency that doesn't use Equip. I was cursing sotto voce while I was filling out all 100+ pages. My info is already in Equip and all I would have had to do was fill in anything new.
                I liked putting "N/A" in every blank space...that was fun. But I'd do it 1,000x's over for that call.
                But yea, I just did a BI for another agency on Saturday via E-Qip. I was done in 14 minutes (yep, I timed it) with two updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                  It's all there in the instructions just do whatever that says. That's how the people not on this forum figure it out. [emoji6]

Right....follow directions. It's really not that hard

Comment

• Quick question -

Does anyone know how open HR/the people upstairs are to negotiating salaries, within the 7/9 grades?
                    Last edited by Blaxer; 01-26-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaxer View Post
                      Quick question -

Does anyone know how open HR/the people upstairs are to negotiating salaries, within the 7/9 grades?
                      Applicant Lowballed is offered a school seat as a Gl 7.

Applicant Lowballed feels that they should be a Gl 9 and inquires about it.

Applicant Lowballed is told they they can appeal the pay before grade after being hired and to answer if they want the job or not.

Applicant Lowballed accepts and goes to the academy.

Applicant Lowballed writes an official letter to DC stating why they have the experience or education to be a GL 9 vs 7.

DC reviews and then DC decides.

If you had a masters at the time of hire, you will be converted to a 9. Any other scenario=good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by bronc_smith View Post
                        applicant lowballed is offered a school seat as a gl 7.

Applicant lowballed feels that they should be a gl 9 and inquires about it.

Applicant lowballed is told they they can appeal the pay before grade after being hired and to answer if they want the job or not.

Applicant lowballed accepts and goes to the academy.

Applicant lowballed writes an official letter to dc stating why they have the experience or education to be a gl 9 vs 7.

Dc reviews and then dc decides.

If you had a masters at the time of hire, you will be converted to a 9. Any other scenario=good luck

that is hilarious lmao

Comment

• Where would this thread be without Bronc?

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahAlumnus View Post
                            Where would this thread be without Bronc?
                            Asking if anyone has a good contact to "Bronc"

Comment

• Bronc, in all honesty, how often are current SA's tested for physical fitness, and what happens if an SA fails? I ask because not a single SA I've had contact with at my local FO would be able to do a pull-up if asked, or run further than the donut box near the water cooler. The two SA's that did my panel interview were both about 5'6" and well over 225 pounds, and they weren't muscular... You could see their bellies hanging over their pants. The SA that did my background locally was of similar proportions, though maybe a tad taller. Funny thing was, they made sure to tell me, over and over, that physical fitness is mandatory and that I need to make sure I'm ready for that... This being told to a guy that never scored below 300 on any USMC PFT.

I know the stated policy is that SA's are tested quarterly, but how can that be with what I've seen?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                                Bronc, in all honesty, how often are current SA's tested for physical fitness, and what happens if an SA fails? I ask because not a single SA I've had contact with at my local FO would be able to do a pull-up if asked, or run further than the donut box near the water cooler. The two SA's that did my panel interview were both about 5'6" and well over 225 pounds, and they weren't muscular... You could see their bellies hanging over their pants. The SA that did my background locally was of similar proportions, though maybe a tad taller. Funny thing was, they made sure to tell me, over and over, that physical fitness is mandatory and that I need to make sure I'm ready for that... This being told to a guy that never scored below 300 on any USMC PFT.

I know the stated policy is that SA's are tested quarterly, but how can that be with what I've seen?
                                I'm not Bronc, obviously, but I can tell you that mere participation is required on fed LEO fitness tests. I work with 2 consistent failers. Once you're in, they can't fire you for a PEB / agency fitness test score. You usually have the go-getters that are always trying to best their last score (ie they're always in shape anyway) and the ones that phone it in and fail consistently (ie they're always out of shape). The Academy is a different story.

Last edited by bayranger; 01-27-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2464 users online. 180 members and 2284 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X