300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
    Just finished with my home interview. The SA didn't know of class dates or when the hiring panel meets but he did say they want to try to get a class in every month but that it will most likely be every other month.

In other news, the investigator said that the information he got on me had me as a UD applicant (I am in both processes but both are supposed to be at the same stage now). He said there's a chance DC processes my UD side first and my SA side will still be sitting there because technically its at the security interview stage (although I have already done that for UD and it carries over). He said to call DC and they said they can see I am in both processes but she couldn't tell me where I was in the SA part. She said not to worry because it all counts and it will be processed. If I had to guess, I'm going to get a UD offer first, and have to make a tough decision, because my packet is going to DC Monday.
    My home interview provided the same info as yours tango-alpha. No specifics on actual class dates just that they are extremely short handed and will be hiring quite a bit in near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• This not a hiring question per se, but when the call comes for protection detail after your first field office duty, how long do they give you to make that move (which I assume is paid for) to DC or wherever the detail may be? Immediate start for the SA but more time for the family to follow?

And what is the latest consensus on how long that first duty (phase 1 I think it's called?) typically lasts. The USSS website says 6-8 years, insiders on this site have said shorter, that congressional report had some SAs in their first field office for 8, 10, 12 years.

Comment

• ***Delete***
        Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Just finished with my home interview. The SA didn't know of class dates or when the hiring panel meets but he did say they want to try to get a class in every month but that it will most likely be every other month.

In other news, the investigator said that the information he got on me had me as a UD applicant (I am in both processes but both are supposed to be at the same stage now). He said there's a chance DC processes my UD side first and my SA side will still be sitting there because technically its at the security interview stage (although I have already done that for UD and it carries over). He said to call DC and they said they can see I am in both processes but she couldn't tell me where I was in the SA part. She said not to worry because it all counts and it will be processed. If I had to guess, I'm going to get a UD offer first, and have to make a tough decision, because my packet is going to DC Monday.
          If you need a job or career change take UD...if you don't and you want to be a special agent wait on Special Agent

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
            If you need a job or career change take UD...if you don't and you want to be a special agent wait on Special Agent
            That's what I have been thinking, and the answer is I need a career change. Doing trusts and estates in a law firm is not for me. Its weird to say but I went to law school to pursue this career path and not a traditional legal career. If the opportunity presents itself, I don't think I want to risk passing on it and possibly be stuck doing what I am doing now for another year +.
            USSS SA & (UD)
            Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
            SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
            SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
            COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
            Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
            Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
            Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
            Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
            Home Interview - January 20, 2016
            The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

That's what I have been thinking, and the answer is I need a career change. Doing trusts and estates in a law firm is not for me. Its weird to say but I went to law school to pursue this career path and not a traditional legal career. If the opportunity presents itself, I don't think I want to risk passing on it and possibly be stuck doing what I am doing now for another year +.
              Oh man... That's a very personal decision but to be honest you may want to wait for your agent process to work out before going UD. I have a very good friend who is UD and it's not as easy to swap to agent once you're in uniform as one might assume. Just some food for thought, I'd hate for you to hop out of the frying pan just to land in the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                Oh man... That's a very personal decision but to be honest you may want to wait for your agent process to work out before going UD. I have a very good friend who is UD and it's not as easy to swap to agent once you're in uniform as one might assume. Just some food for thought, I'd hate for you to hop out of the frying pan just to land in the fire.
                Yeah I am definitely giving it some thought and I know the transition may not even be available to me, which is why I would have to be happy just being in the UD. I like some of the programs they have available after 2 years like CS and ERT, so if I could be satisfied being on one of those teams then that will influence my decision. The SA that did my home interview said not to join it just to get my foot in the door and he's absolutely correct.
                USSS SA & (UD)
                Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• ***Delete***
                  Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Last edited by determined11; 08-08-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by determined11 View Post
                      I figured the swap to agent would be difficult, but are you able to divulge more specifically why your friend says it's not easy? Are there things one can do in the UD to enhance their ability to swap to an agent? I'm just trying to determine what the SA side looks for and what the UD individuals possess who are successful in making the swap, as this is something I have considered.
                      Bronc_Smith and others, your input is welcome as well.
                      The easy answer is that UD is bleeding officers just like the SA division is. Once they get their hands on someone and fully train them, UD doesn't want to let that person go. It isn't impossible to go from UD to SA, but it isn't easy, either.

Comment

• So finally got my class date info. Hopefully calls will go out for everyone. Fly out Feb 7th.
                        Good luck all
                        But I start on Monday at my local office lol

Comment

• I am happy for you,but also very jealous

Comment

• Well **** I guess February is out

Originally posted by akjohnson View Post
                            So finally got my class date info. Hopefully calls will go out for everyone. Fly out Feb 7th.
                            Good luck all

Comment

• Very exciting! Good luck and let us know how it goes! I'm curious what they'll have you doing in the FO before you go to training.

And ditto to above!

Comment

• Originally posted by akjohnson View Post
                                So finally got my class date info. Hopefully calls will go out for everyone. Fly out Feb 7th.
                                Good luck all
                                Congrats AKjohnson!!!! I am jealous. I believe we applied around the same time in Aug. 2014.

What's your background and/or experience?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6404 users online. 362 members and 6042 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X