Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
    My goodness that wait between SI and poly
    I'm going on just over 5 months between my SI and Poly. Odd thing is, though, when I called HCD to find out what was going on with my packet, they said my BI had just been completed. I'm assuming they are mistaken, because I didn't think they would start, or even complete, the BI before they did the Poly, but the HCD rep said they were 100% sure when I questioned them about not yet having done the Poly. Only time will tell what the hell is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesWR7 View Post
      Just a timeline update, got an email today, background investigation has started.

USSS-SA
      Applied: 05/02/2014
      Referred: 06/08/2014
      Test Date: 06/09/2014
      SAEE Passed: 06/16/2014
      APAT: Suspended
      SPI: 07/16/2014
      COE: 08/17/2014
      SI: 08/29/2014 (security interview, fingerprinted and photos)
      POLY: 12/09/2015
      BACKGROUND: 01/15/2016
      MEDICAL: N/A
      FINAL OFFER: N/A
      Maybe I just barely passed the SAEE or something but did I read the above correctly that you went from 08/29/14 to 12/09/15 with NO MOVEMENT???

And I thought my process went slow...

Just curious but how long did other people's polygraph take???

I may hold the record. I was there for 7.5 hours. But I only did 1 polygraph and did not have to come back for a second one.

Comment

• Hey guys from my own experience and following everyone else's posts there is no rhyme and reason to this process. No two process have been the same. I have found that the minute I have given up on this job and moved on I get a phone call for the next step. Only advice I can give is RELAX, no good getting worked up on something you can't control. Keep your heads up phone calls will come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 41376 View Post
          Maybe I just barely passed the SAEE or something but did I read the above correctly that you went from 08/29/14 to 12/09/15 with NO MOVEMENT???

And I thought my process went slow...

Just curious but how long did other people's polygraph take???

I may hold the record. I was there for 7.5 hours. But I only did 1 polygraph and did not have to come back for a second one.
          Mine was 3 hours
          USSS SA & (UD)
          Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
          SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
          SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
          COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
          Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
          Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
          Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
          Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
          Home Interview - January 20, 2016
          The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
            I'm going on just over 5 months between my SI and Poly. Odd thing is, though, when I called HCD to find out what was going on with my packet, they said my BI had just been completed. I'm assuming they are mistaken, because I didn't think they would start, or even complete, the BI before they did the Poly, but the HCD rep said they were 100% sure when I questioned them about not yet having done the Poly. Only time will tell what the hell is going on.
            9 months post poly here. With no word regarding a pass or fail just an email that said my application was still active!

Comment

• To reply, YEP, lol. I had been calling the field office and DC for a long *** time. Back and forth for a while, eventually the Field Office was able to get DC to confirm they lost some of my paperwork. So if I hadn't have said anything I'd be a dead duck. Either way, I've been patient and its finally getting resolved. I'm current Fed LEO so I understand how the game works. In regards to the poly, took maybe an hour and a half. Pretty easy step as long as you don't get psyched out about it.

As long as you passed good on you man, hopefully Ill see you at FLETC soon. Preferably not after another year lol.

Comment

• For those of you that have filled out the Sf86... I am needing to add additional places that I have worked and places that I have lived. I cannot find any additional forms on the opm website. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlin1988 View Post
                  For those of you that have filled out the Sf86... I am needing to add additional places that I have worked and places that I have lived. I cannot find any additional forms on the opm website. Anyone else have this issue?

I added a page to the back and just copied the format from that section (whatever letter section and numbers etc).

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                    I added a page to the back and just copied the format from that section (whatever letter section and numbers etc).

Thanks bayrager. I was thinking that but was hoping for another form. There used to be a sf86a that was used on these when I filled it out before a few years ago. But for some reason those are no longer used

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlin1988 View Post
                      Thanks bayrager. I was thinking that but was hoping for another form. There used to be a sf86a that was used on these when I filled it out before a few years ago. But for some reason those are no longer used

Yeah it was a little bit of a pain in the arse but it worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Yeah it was a little bit of a pain in the arse but it worked.

Look up SF-86A continuation form. I had to use a couple of those to finish my residences.

Comment

• I've got my Factor Five security interview scheduled for the end of the month down in Maryland. Does anyone know what this entails? Is it just a basic security interview or do they take care of the poly, drug test, medical, etc all at once? Trying to figure out if I should I plan on making additional trips down to Maryland or if I'm going to be able to get it all over with in one day. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                            I've got my Factor Five security interview scheduled for the end of the month down in Maryland. Does anyone know what this entails? Is it just a basic security interview or do they take care of the poly, drug test, medical, etc all at once? Trying to figure out if I should I plan on making additional trips down to Maryland or if I'm going to be able to get it all over with in one day. Thanks in advance for any insight.
                            It will just be a basic security interview where they review your SF-86 with you. All the other steps (poly, medical, etc.) will be done separately.
                            USSS SA & (UD)
                            Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
                              It will just be a basic security interview where they review your SF-86 with you. All the other steps (poly, medical, etc.) will be done separately.
                              Thanks for the response! Funny, I've gone through the clearance process with other agencies and never had to travel to meet with an investigator. Kind of annoying (and expensive) to have to travel down to Maryland, but guess you gotta go through the motions with these jobs. Thanks again for the response.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                                Thanks for the response! Funny, I've gone through the clearance process with other agencies and never had to travel to meet with an investigator. Kind of annoying (and expensive) to have to travel down to Maryland, but guess you gotta go through the motions with these jobs. Thanks again for the response.
                                No problem. Mine was with the ASAC if I remember correctly and they also did my fingerprints while I was there.
                                USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3349 users online. 165 members and 3184 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X