Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious Tango_Alpha: Master's before applying or time in grade to get you to the 9?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
      Curious Tango_Alpha: Master's before applying or time in grade to get you to the 9?
      I've got my J.D.
      USSS SA & (UD)
      Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
      SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
      SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
      COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
      Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
      Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
      Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
      Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
      Home Interview - January 20, 2016
      The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
        I've got my J.D.
        *mic drop*

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
          *mic drop*

haha I was really worried it was going to come off that way when I typed that but I was leaving work and just was trying to answer the question real fast before closing down my computer.
          USSS SA & (UD)
          Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)

Comment

• So a buddy of mine called and said he's meeting with an agent about me this week. Does this mean my background investigation has started? The only real call I got was last week from the ASAC asking if I wanted to end my UD application and he said they were gearing up to start my BI but they haven't started yet. He also didn't mention how long it would last, like some of the other phone call descriptions I have seen on here.
            USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

So a buddy of mine called and said he's meeting with an agent about me this week. Does this mean my background investigation has started? The only real call I got was last week from the ASAC asking if I wanted to end my UD application and he said they were gearing up to start my BI but they haven't started yet. He also didn't mention how long it would last, like some of the other phone call descriptions I have seen on here.
              Yes, it (almost certainly) means your BI has started. Nice to see some forward movement happening somewhere! Hope it goes well and the rest of the process wraps up for you quickly.

*I say almost certainly out of an abundance of caution because I don't know you and certainly there are other reasons why sometimes a USSS agent might want to talk to the friend of someone. But assuming they're not investigating you for a reason outside of potential employment, yes, it would be for your background check.
              Last edited by fedxfit; 01-11-2016, 09:01 PM. Reason: Verbosity

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                Yes, it (almost certainly) means your BI has started. Nice to see some forward movement happening somewhere! Hope it goes well and the rest of the process wraps up for you quickly.

*I say almost certainly out of an abundance of caution because I don't know you and certainly there are other reasons why sometimes a USSS agent might want to talk to the friend of someone. But assuming they're not investigating you for a reason outside of potential employment, yes, it would be for your background check.
                Yeah this is a buddy that I listed as someone who knew me at a residence or might have been on my list of references I have known for a while so here's to hoping it has started haha. Just need to get that Home Interview started so I can hurry up and wait!
                USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

So a buddy of mine called and said he's meeting with an agent about me this week. Does this mean my background investigation has started? The only real call I got was last week from the ASAC asking if I wanted to end my UD application and he said they were gearing up to start my BI but they haven't started yet. He also didn't mention how long it would last, like some of the other phone call descriptions I have seen on here.
                  Congrats on passing the poly. You'll be in the waiting pool in no time now.

Comment

• To the applicants that flew out to DC for the Medical Exam, have any of you recieved your reimbursement for travel expenses and per diem? I did my medical in Septembe. I was contacted by DC in November and they had me re submit the forms. To date, I am yet to see a reimbursement.

Anybody out there experiencing the same dilemma?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                      To the applicants that flew out to DC for the Medical Exam, have any of you recieved your reimbursement for travel expenses and per diem? I did my medical in Septembe. I was contacted by DC in November and they had me re submit the forms. To date, I am yet to see a reimbursement.

Anybody out there experiencing the same dilemma?
                      My DC med was December 1st and I just recently received my reimbursement.
                      USSS SA & (UD)

Comment

• It's FLETC so I am sure it is pretty much the same for anybody that has attended. In my experience when I attended the US Border Patrol Academy many years ago we did our Initial And Final PT Test on a rubber track. The 1 1/2 mile, sit ups, push ups, agility course and 220 yard sprint were all done at the track.

PT consisted of running, Mat work, weight lifting and take down techniques inside of A building. Our 3-5 mile runs were done outside running around the FLETC compound.

Hope this helps anybody that has never been through FLETC. The only difference is that the BP Academy is a para-military
                        Type training where instructors try to break you and disrespect you. That might have changed now. Prior BP agents who have become 1811's and have attended CITP have told me that CITP is not bad at all; its a basic course.

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        But you will probably be running all over campus for group runs.

Last edited by JuRam8; 01-12-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                          Congrats on passing the poly. You'll be in the waiting pool in no time now.

Yep the waiting pool. Come on in, the water's fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                            9 people in the Jan 8 class
                            I don't know if you answered this already, but do you have any potential dates or numbers of classes in FY16?

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                              I don't know if you answered this already, but do you have any potential dates or numbers of classes in FY16?
                              No I don't. Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                                No I don't. Sorry
                                Oh ok. Thanks for the fast reply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5534 users online. 296 members and 5238 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X