Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished with the SAEE. They advised I'll receive word within seven business days on whether I passed. I got the idea that even if you pass, they may pick a much higher percentile to move forward with. But she basically said everyone who passes moves forward. They said if I get a final offer it would be 8-10 months from now based on the pace they're at.

She named some of the same field offices others have mentioned here that come with the final offer: Boston, Chicago, LA, (I think DC and San Francisco). She also said that KC just got a couple newbies, so maybe jdtrooper is right about locations.

Oh, word to the wise. If you get an invite to the SAEE and cannot make it or decide not to, at least do them the courtesy of saying you won't be there. I'm probably preaching to the choir on this forum, but we were told the majority of invitees were no shows. Oh, and those who didn't RSVP are going on the naughty list.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
      I hear you. I have been ready to go since November. Good thing is I am already a DHS Employee, so it should be a quick transfer from one agency to another. Just waiting for some good news!
      I can tell you one thing, the paperwork for transferring from one Department to another was pretty simple, so I'm assuming that the transfer from one agency to another within the same department would be even simpler. The trick is to have both HR's on the same page. Also, once you have transferred to the Secret Service double check you EPP and the Secret Service's HR application (if they have one) because the transfer of leave can be a bit tricky.
      OUT!!

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 02-22-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
          Can anyone advise on the SAFE?

Is it similar to the FBI test? Is there math involved?
          It has a four movement time lock with a four-point pressure system, and a glass innerwall that, when broken, shuts down the locking mechanism so that it cannot be breached.

You could use the GOOGLE machine and find the SAEE study guide online, if you dare.

Comment

• Ha, 3.14 has a good point about googling, and searching the archives here would also be an option (I'm appreciating more and more the people who read through at least part of this thread before posting questions) but I'll even save people the trouble since I had it so easily accessible: http://www.secretservice.gov/join/ap...StudyGuide.pdf

Comment

• I enjoyed my read through the whole thread. Got to learn of the beans and the keeper of the list.
              Last edited by Tango_Alpha; 12-17-2015, 10:53 AM.
              USSS SA & (UD)
              Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
              SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
              SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
              COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
              Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
              Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
              Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
              Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
              Home Interview - January 20, 2016
              The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                Can anyone advise on the SAFE?

Is it similar to the FBI test? Is there math involved?
                Just relax and have a clear, open, and focused mind. Personally, I thought the FBI test was harder so relax...not to relaxed. I was relaxed for the initial postal inspector exam...FAILED! I actually thought the SAEE was fun though. You will see. Thats all I got for the SAEE without giving too much away...ya know...with the confidentiality agreement and all. :-)

SAEE.jpg
                OUT!!

Comment

• Status on USAJobs/Career Connector changed to 'application under review'.

*nervously does some more push ups*

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
                    Status on USAJobs/Career Connector changed to 'application under review'.

*nervously does some more push ups*
                    The status changes periodically. Where are you in the process?
                    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                      It has a four movement time lock with a four-point pressure system, and a glass innerwall that, when broken, shuts down the locking mechanism so that it cannot be breached.
                      Love it.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
                        Just finished with the SAEE. They advised I'll receive word within seven business days on whether I passed. I got the idea that even if you pass, they may pick a much higher percentile to move forward with. But she basically said everyone who passes moves forward. They said if I get a final offer it would be 8-10 months from now based on the pace they're at.

She named some of the same field offices others have mentioned here that come with the final offer: Boston, Chicago, LA, (I think DC and San Francisco). She also said that KC just got a couple newbies, so maybe jdtrooper is right about locations.

Oh, word to the wise. If you get an invite to the SAEE and cannot make it or decide not to, at least do them the courtesy of saying you won't be there. I'm probably preaching to the choir on this forum, but we were told the majority of invitees were no shows. Oh, and those who didn't RSVP are going on the naughty list.
                        I posted a little while back all locations that have been offered via The Callâ„¢ over last couple years (on this forum) if anyone is interested.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
                        Last edited by bayranger; 12-17-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                          I can tell you one thing, the paperwork for transferring from one Department to another was pretty simple, so I'm assuming that the transfer from one agency to another within the same department would be even simpler. The trick is to have both HR's on the same page. Also, once you have transferred to the Secret Service double check you EPP and the Secret Service's HR application (if they have one) because the transfer of leave can be a bit tricky.
                          Yeah apparently all I have to do is submit a transfer form and get with my station inventory officer to turn my equipment in.
                          Thanks for the heads up... Now it's just a waiting game. Was hoping to receive the call for the 28th class. But it's kinda cutting it a bit short there with the holidays fast approaching..

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                            Yeah apparently all I have to do is submit a transfer form and get with my station inventory officer to turn my equipment in.
                            Thanks for the heads up... Now it's just a waiting game. Was hoping to receive the call for the 28th class. But it's kinda cutting it a bit short there with the holidays fast approaching..
                            USSS has been known to call you Friday night for the FLETC class starting Monday morning. I think, if I'm not mistaken, there was one guy in this thread that was called on a Saturday afternoon for a class starting the following Monday, too.

Comment

• Yes! I received confirmation that I passed the SAEE and should be expecting my security packet sometime soon, but there may be some delays given the holidays and protective assignments.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                                USSS has been known to call you Friday night for the FLETC class starting Monday morning. I think, if I'm not mistaken, there was one guy in this thread that was called on a Saturday afternoon for a class starting the following Monday, too.
                                Wow, I guess if you want the 1811 spot, you have to be ready to go on short notice especially with the USSS. Yeah I have heard the same about them calling on Fridays.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5387 users online. 289 members and 5098 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X