300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jb2257
    Have your significant other there and ask them to honestly describe what your first 12 months on the job will be like in terms of schedule.
    Thanks and will do. I am lucky that I have a wonderful woman who has supported me through multiple deployments, airborne ops, and long hours over the last five years. She's onboard for this as well as it's at least a little safer than doing movement to contact in the mountains.

Comment

• Im in fairly in good shape but I am struggling with getting over 25 push ups and 6 chin ups. What happens if you fail the first test at the academy?

Comment

• I think they put you in a remedial pt program. So extra pt.....just keep working out and you should be fine ..did you get a date to go in?

Comment

• The only one I need to work at are sit ups. I'm just slow. ...I blame being 6'3" [emoji12] ....the chin ups were hard when I first started but are getting easier. ...at 8 so I know I can get over 10 before I get called. Hoping to break 10 this month.

Ok time for some more sit ups. ..yaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlook View Post
            Im in fairly in good shape but I am struggling with getting over 25 push ups and 6 chin ups. What happens if you fail the first test at the academy?
            I wouldn't worry about that question because you can start now and train yourself to meet those goals. If you start now it shouldn't take much time to get there. The good thing about pushups is you can do them anywhere and they don't take that long. Take 10 min every day or every other day depending on soreness to do some pushup workouts when you wake up or whenever you have spare time. At the end of my weight training I always do 1 min of max pushups, 30 seconds of max, 30 seconds of max and 30 seconds of max (with breaks in between). This regiment alone has shot my max pushups in a min up. Obviously there are other different types of workouts you can look up, that's just the one I like to do. As for pullups a couple pages back there were some different pullup workouts and tips given by myself and a few others.
            USSS SA & (UD)
            Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
            SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
            SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
            COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
            Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
            Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
            Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
            Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
            Home Interview - January 20, 2016
            The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• I like that tango. ...I just do 200 a day. Sometimes throughout the day, other times as few sets as I can with like min rest in between sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by akjohnson View Post
                I like that tango. ...I just do 200 a day. Sometimes throughout the day, other times as few sets as I can with like min rest in between sets.
                Yep! i like the fewest sets possible one too. That also works with pullups, pick a number and try to do it in the fewest sets possible.
                USSS SA & (UD)
                Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Yes, EOD mid January.

Comment

• Originally posted by akjohnson View Post
                    The only one I need to work at are sit ups. I'm just slow. ...I blame being 6'3" [emoji12] ....the chin ups were hard when I first started but are getting easier. ...at 8 so I know I can get over 10 before I get called. Hoping to break 10 this month.

Ok time for some more sit ups. ..yaaa
                    Yeah pullups would be hard for someone that tall.

tall pull ups.jpg
                    OUT!!

Comment

• Background investigator is wrapping up my stuff. He swung by my internal affairs office to check my jacket, but on a funny side note I guess he was on a recruiting trip as well. Advised my IA sergeant that the usss is hard up for agents and if my department had anyone else that is interested. Keep your heads up fellas they obviously need people we will all get the call at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's sad that so many people are leaving. I have always thought the ss was one of the best. I have applied with them 4 times now and this is the first time I made it anywhere,but that was before I had my undergraduate.

Comment

• Welp, finally got scheduled and passed my poly yesterday. After waiting over a year to get scheduled it turns out DC had lost my packet and if I hadn't been calling so much my application would have died, so thank you field office for dealing with me but at least I'm back in the game. Timeline as follows....

USSS-SA
                          Applied: 05/02/2014
                          Referred: 06/08/2014
                          Test Date: 06/09/2014
                          SAEE Passed: 06/16/2014
                          APAT: Suspended
                          SPI: 07/16/2014
                          COE: 08/17/2014
                          SI: 08/29/2014 (security interview, fingerprinted and photos)
                          POLY: 12/09/2015
                          MEDICAL: N/A
                          FINAL OFFER: N/A

Comment

• Gentlemen, quick question...When you reach the end of the application process (i.e. had your background investigation and home visit which are the last items I have remaining) and have received a favorable judgment on all do you then get an offer or are you then placed on a roster with anyone else who has also received favorable judgment on everything and evaluated against that roster and selections made from that pool? In other words at the end of the process are you offered a spot or offered the chance at a spot?

If it is the later, what type of success rate is there once you've made it to that point and what type of waiting time frame would you be looking at for an offer? Thanks.

Comment

• The last part left is a hiring board. If they say yes you get a call giving you a class date.

So once you finish the last couple things, everything goes to DC and the final decision is made. Good luck.

Comment

• Oh waiting time on that. ....lol good question. Couple months (rare) - a year. I think some have waited over a year. We are all hoping for a quick call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12977 users online. 507 members and 12470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X