Clear All

• Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
    Just got the invite to the SAEE.

Applied 9/2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! Good luck!
    USSS SA & (UD)
    Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
    SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
    SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
    COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
    Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
    Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
    Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
    Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
    Home Interview - January 20, 2016
    The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• I highly recommend you read the new House report on the USSS. It's a 439 page read, but it really shows alot of the hiring process, how many people made it to the end, and were dropped. Morale issues, UD issues, staffing levels, incidents, training, projected hiring, and what congress wants the USSS to do point by point. It also highlights the fact that more SA's have left, and continue to leave faster than seen in the last decade.

It also shows the new 2015 employee survey, that ranks the agency dead last in DHS, and almost last government wide.

They even printed the table of penalties! Don't get caught on assignment using your G-cell or personal!
      https://oversight.house.gov/wp-conte...SSS-Report.pdf

Comment

• ------------------_
        Last edited by Fed_leo_applicant; 01-11-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fed_leo_applicant View Post
          Thanks for all of the insight on this thread! Does anyone know if you are turned down by FBI, do you still have a chance with USSS? I passed all of the phases for FBI including the polygraph and was denied due to suitability at adjudication. I was not denied a security clearance. I have some issues in my past even thought I have never been arrested before. But I am also a veteran currently coming off active duty and have put some time in between things in the past. In general, has anyone ever heard of someone being turned down at one agency and then get picked up at another?
          Fbi or any other agency for that matter has nothing to do with Secret Service hiring or denial

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
            I highly recommend you read the new House report on the USSS. It's a 439 page read, but it really shows alot of the hiring process, how many people made it to the end, and were dropped. Morale issues, UD issues, staffing levels, incidents, training, projected hiring, and what congress wants the USSS to do point by point. It also highlights the fact that more SA's have left, and continue to leave faster than seen in the last decade.

It also shows the new 2015 employee survey, that ranks the agency dead last in DHS, and almost last government wide.

They even printed the table of penalties! Don't get caught on assignment using your G-cell or personal!
            https://oversight.house.gov/wp-conte...SSS-Report.pdf

Thanks. I'll look at it.

There's a lot to consider but I'll still take the exam since I've been invited. Hopefully their study guide is helpful.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look at it.

There's a lot to consider but I'll still take the exam since I've been invited. Hopefully their study guide is helpful.

Their study guide has multiple errors and their hubris prevents them from correcting the errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                Their study guide has multiple errors and their hubris prevents them from correcting the errors.
                Are they obvious? I don't want to study their material and be worse off for it.

Comment

Are they obvious? I don't want to study their material and be worse off for it.
                  You will not fail because of errors in study guide. If you don't study, you could fail. If you fail because you didn't study, you are gonna ask yourself, what if?

Comment

• Fair enough.

Comment

• New CITP class for USSS SA at FLETC starting December 29th. The Intel is pretty solid (aka from an instructor here) happy holidays

Applied - August 2014
                      SAEE - December 3, 2014
                      Panel Interview - February 19, 2015
                      COE - March 12, 2015
                      Security Interview - April 16, 2015
                      Polygraph - September 1, 2015
                      Medical - September 21, 2015
                      Background Investigation - October 11, 2015
                      Home Interview - October 14, 2015
                      The Call™™™™ - November 16, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
                      MGen. Frank E. Lowe, US Army; Korea, 26 January 1952

Comment

• If only I were done with the last couple steps to be eligible for that class!

Thanks for posting that link to the oversight report above. Very interesting read. These statistics struck me -- hard to believe only 4% receive only the COE, much less the only 1% of that 4% that end up being hired: "According to data provided by USSS to the Committee near the end of fiscal year 2015, four percent of special agent applicants received a conditional job offer. Remarkably, of the four percent that received a conditional job offer, only 1 percent were hired." (internal citations omitted)

Comment

• Well guys, I got the "you are no longer being considered for this position" dreaded email. This was received 3 months after the polygraph. Is there any way to find out what the exact reason was so that I can know if I can ever apply again and also so that when I apply to other 1811 positions, I can say the reason?

Thanks.
                          Last edited by braz989; 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                            you can submit a FOIA request.
                            Any idea on the return time for those? I submitted for one in august, still waiting

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by First to Fight View Post
                              New CITP class for USSS SA at FLETC starting December 29th. The Intel is pretty solid (aka from an instructor here) happy holidays

Thanks bud. One of my buddy's is graduating this week from CITP. He told me a few weeks back that they were being told the next class is the 29th. I was told by my FO it was the 22nd. Also, I'm sure calls have not gone out due to the Dec 11 deadline for a budget resolution to avoid going into furlough.

I don't foresee a furlough happening right before Christmas as thousands of essential employees would have to work. I know BP, which falls under DHS is already preparing notices for a possible furlough once again.
                              Last edited by JuRam8; 12-07-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                                If only I were done with the last couple steps to be eligible for that class!

Thanks for posting that link to the oversight report above. Very interesting read. These statistics struck me -- hard to believe only 4% receive only the COE, much less the only 1% of that 4% that end up being hired: "According to data provided by USSS to the Committee near the end of fiscal year 2015, four percent of special agent applicants received a conditional job offer. Remarkably, of the four percent that received a conditional job offer, only 1 percent were hired." (internal citations omitted)
                                I read this quote too and wrestled with how to take it. Unless this position wayyyyy more competitive than I thought, it just isn't great wording. It should be that 4% of all applicants are receive the COE, and 1% of total applicants are hired.

If it was 1% of the 4%, it would mean only 1 in 2500 applicants gets hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8620 users online. 412 members and 8208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X