300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DesertRat707 View Post
    Keep your Dog, and the crappy Union the BP has. It's not the best, but it's better than not having one. I'd highly advise not taking this job, and await another 1811.
    Why?
    OUT!!

Comment

• My status from the November 2nd announcement updated to -"Will be notified by email"...Is that good news or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah I have been told the same. The 00 was a thing of the past. I have been taking pay cuts from BP for the last few years and will gladly take a temporary pay cut for an 1811 position with the SS.

Just read the published article about the SS. No matter what, I still consider the agents an elite group. That is the reason why I applied. Hopefully I receive a call soon for the late December class. Looks like they are cutting it kinda close.

Comment

• So I am guessing the calls have stopped going out? So whats next?
          OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
            So I am guessing the calls have stopped going out? So whats next?
            Wait.png

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
              I'm a GS-12, Step 5 (base pay $69,686) with the U.S. Border Patrol plus locality pay, OT and K9 pay. I have been told They would have to match my pay since I already work for the US Government and more than likely go in as a GS-9 step 10 or 00. I have spoken with several agents who have confirmed this when they have promoted to an 1811 position

Any other FED LEO's waiting for the call for the late December CITP class?
              You will be offered 9/10...

OAN: anything negative about the SS that the media can report, will help them stay relevant. That's all that is. They look for it. For instance, they make a big deal about someone jumping the fence. The truth of the matter is, someone jumps the fence regularly and is dealt with...how many times has THAT been reported besides the recent one.

But everyone has a job to do so...

Comment

• You may have never actively used the Union, but when it comes to pay. You get payed what you work. Unlike here where there are two schedules. 1 you actually work, and the other you actually use for time keeping. There can be major discrepancies.

AL? Got it in writing and approved? Not here! It's as easy as edit and delete on webta.

In NY you have to request a day off. If not they will run you 7 days a week. Some guys went for 4-6 months with only a handful amount of days off.

So yes. Your Union might be crappy. But it does work for you.

Comment

• My EOD got pushed back to January; which is a good thing since I need more time to prepare things around the house.

USSS offered me a GL 9 step 10. This means a $31,440 (-$604/week) pay cut and I would be losing a comfy 8am-4pm and weekend off schedule.

The decision is not easy! I am considering not taking it.

Comment

• jb2257,

Are you saying that if you are hired as a 9 step 10, a year later you get 11 step 10, a year later 12 step 10, until USSS catches up with the salary you were making before you switched?

I have to do more reseach on that but I dont think it works that way. I believe it is more like 9 step 10 when hired, a year later 11-4, a year later 12-1, a year later 13-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlook View Post
                      jb2257,

Are you saying that if you are hired as a 9 step 10, a year later you get 11 step 10, a year later 12 step 10, until USSS catches up with the salary you were making before you switched?

I have to do more reseach on that but I dont think it works that way. I believe it is more like 9 step 10 when hired, a year later 11-4, a year later 12-1, a year later 13-1.
                      It's whatever gets you closest to your current fed salary. If the step 10 is below your current, you'll be a step 10 until you get to a grade where step 10 is more than you currently make, and then it will be at whatever step is closest to your current.
                      In other words as close as each grade can get you, without going over.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Thank you for the info and the link to HPR. I will research in and use. USSS offered me 9-10 but the HR lady said it would only be for the first year. She has been helpful so I dont expect too much push back from her when I call her about HPR.

With HPR, it will only take me 3 years to get back to my current pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlook View Post
                          Thank you for the info and the link to HPR. I will research in and use. USSS offered me 9-10 but the HR lady said it would only be for the first year. She has been helpful so I dont expect too much push back from her when I call her about HPR.

With HPR, it will only take me 3 years to get back to my current pay.
                          What she likely meant that is that you will only be a 9-10 for year one. There is no way they would have you go from a 9-10 to an 11-1 (as that would be decrease in pay for doing the same job at a higher grade level).

Using the general pay scale at 12-5, your progression will look like this: Y1: 9-10; Y2: 11-10; Y3: 12-5; Y4: 13-1. So, in actuality, it will only take you two full years (because Y3 will be your 12-5 rate) to get back to what you were when you began with USSS. Of course, this doesn't take into account locality, whatever overtime you are getting vs. LEAP, etc., but it is the best model you can use at this point.

Comment

• F
                            Originally posted by jb2257
                            I'm not sure who told you that you would go in as a step 00, since that was only possible under FCIP which ended at least 3 years ago. The max you can come in at is a 9 step 10, followed by an 11 step 10 (if that is equivalent to your current salary). That would depend on HR not eliminating Highest Previous Rate. That being said, I know a former BP guy who came in as a 9/10 and is currently a high step 11 making close to what a low step 13 would make.
                            Sounds about right. Like I mentioned, the 00 was a thing of the past and the high steps would help out.

Comment

Last edited by Bronc_smith; 01-27-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Just got the invite to the SAEE.

Applied August/2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Lassiter 45; 12-04-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17542 users online. 489 members and 17053 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X