300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralphodog View Post
    Anyone else get invited to the DC SUPER? I'm not sure if I'm going through with it, as the timing and location are about as bad as one could ask for (1.5 hours out of town, 7 am Saturday so the metro/trains wouldn't be running in time).
    Super or Elac?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
      Unfortunately I can't help with your other questions but I can try to help you with the pull-up question (others will surely eventually answer your others though). With pull-ups there is no substitute for doing them. In other words, to get good at them you have to do them, very similar to push-ups or sit-ups. So if you are having trouble doing your body weight try and find one of those machines that allows you to put your knees on a pad that is counter weighted so you aren't doing your full body weight. Do those whenever your back/arms aren't sore (aka allow yourself to recover from workouts). As time passes you should be able to do it with less and less weight and eventually you will be able to do a normal pull-up (even if it is just 1 with good form). From there you can continue practicing on the normal pull-up bar to try to get to your goal.
      Originally posted by akjohnson View Post
      I'm not a big fan of those machines. ...but I agree the best way to get better is to do them. If you can't do any I would say do negatives. Have a chair or box and go all the way up and slowly lower yourself down. I had a decent workout I found when I started. I will look for it and post it.
      Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
      Lat pull downs will help with pullups as it is the same motion and mostly same muscles being worked but you can start at a weight lower than your bodyweight. Otherwise do negative pull ups

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk
      These. Lat pull downs, negatives (jump up, hang, lower body as slow as possible), and bicep curls all will eventually get you more full pull-ups (or chin-ups).

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
        **Post HI awaiting the call**

May 2014 Applicant:
        bayranger

August 2014 applicants:
        **Home Interviews in October 2015**
        JuRam8
        Akjohnson
        Radio Raheem

Unknown Info:
        The Goodheme
        Hamtech

December 6, 2015 CITP:
        Firsttofight- call Nov. 18
        Outlook- call Nov. 23

December 22, 2015 CITP:
        ?

*If I forgot anybody I apologize, went back several posts to generate this info.*
        I am actually a Jan 2014 applicant.
        OUT!!

Comment

• I recently passed the POST and I am waiting to be scheduled for the SUPER for the UD. I am also waiting to hear back regarding scheduling of the SAEE which I applied for in September.

I'm going through this thread from beginning to end (currently on post #3765). I noticed in some of the earlier posts that it states you cannot concurrently be in the running for a UD position and a SA position. Is this true? I have not read that anywhere else other than this thread. The posts in question were from around 2009, so that may have changed. Does anyone know if this still holds true? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by halligan View Post
            I recently passed the POST and I am waiting to be scheduled for the SUPER for the UD. I am also waiting to hear back regarding scheduling of the SAEE which I applied for in September.

I'm going through this thread from beginning to end (currently on post #3765). I noticed in some of the earlier posts that it states you cannot concurrently be in the running for a UD position and a SA position. Is this true? I have not read that anywhere else other than this thread. The posts in question were from around 2009, so that may have changed. Does anyone know if this still holds true? Thanks.
            I am in both the SA and UD process and to my knowledge you can pick which one you want if you make it to the end of both processes. I posed that question two weeks back and no one clarified, so i guess I'm going to go with that. If you couldn't pick, I wouldn't see a reason to have dual processes.

Comment

• Are they not 2 different jobs and 2 different hiring panels? I would think not everyone finishes both at the same time so you get a job offer for whatever you finished. I would think when they call they are offing 1 job not both. But truthfully no idea I am only in the SA. I'm sure you could ask your FO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizawine View Post
                I am in both the SA and UD process and to my knowledge you can pick which one you want if you make it to the end of both processes. I posed that question two weeks back and no one clarified, so i guess I'm going to go with that. If you couldn't pick, I wouldn't see a reason to have dual processes.
                That was my intuition as well, but after reading some earlier posts in this thread it made me question my understanding.

Originally posted by akjohnson
                Are they not 2 different jobs and 2 different hiring panels? I would think not everyone finishes both at the same time so you get a job offer for whatever you finished. I would think when they call they are offing 1 job not both. But truthfully no idea I am only in the SA. I'm sure you could ask your FO.
                Agreed. I was more curious if they would allow you to go through the process for both at the same time since an earlier post in this thread (earlier as in 5 or 6 years ago) said you had to choose one or the other. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

• Back in 2010 I was told by the FO through which I applied that you could only have an application in for one or the other, but from what I've gathered from others on here more recently, they must have changed that policy because it doesn't seem to be an issue to have both applications going through the process simultaneously.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                    Back in 2010 I was told by the FO through which I applied that you could only have an application in for one or the other, but from what I've gathered from others on here more recently, they must have changed that policy because it doesn't seem to be an issue to have both applications going through the process simultaneously.
                    Perfect. Thank you for the input. That's what I was gathering as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedxfit View Post
                      Back in 2010 I was told by the FO through which I applied that you could only have an application in for one or the other, but from what I've gathered from others on here more recently, they must have changed that policy because it doesn't seem to be an issue to have both applications going through the process simultaneously.
                      This is my understanding as well. However, you may run into a problem if you want SA more, but UD comes along with an offer first. You'll be faced with accepting UD and having your SA app cancelled (I was told by my FO that if you accept UD while in the SA process, your SA package is scrapped), or turning down UD and hoping: (1) that turning down UD doesn't look bad in the eyes of the SA decision makers (i.e. why go through the whole process and waste their time if you were just going to turn them down?), and (2) that you will actually be offered a SA position.

Comment

• For those of you who had to do a med follow up did the doctor tell you at the physical? Or did you just eventually get something in the mail
                        USSS SA & (UD)
                        Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                        SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                        SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                        COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                        Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                        Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                        Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                        Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                        Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                        The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                          This is my understanding as well. However, you may run into a problem if you want SA more, but UD comes along with an offer first. You'll be faced with accepting UD and having your SA app cancelled (I was told by my FO that if you accept UD while in the SA process, your SA package is scrapped), or turning down UD and hoping: (1) that turning down UD doesn't look bad in the eyes of the SA decision makers (i.e. why go through the whole process and waste their time if you were just going to turn them down?), and (2) that you will actually be offered a SA position.
                          This sounds most logical. There's no way you get to "pick" which one. Most are lucky to get offered one or the other. You'd have to factor in when they would be calling to offer a position relative to when they are filling Academy slots. They'd have to coincidentally line up on basically the exact same day of calls going out for each position because it's not like you can tell the hiring official for UD "Thanks for the offer. Give me a couple weeks bc I think SA will be calling. I'll let you know." It's complicated enough to complete one process so I doubt 2 processes would be able to sync up that precisely. Even within the same agency.
                          All my opinion but I've never heard of being able to simultaneously pick one while turning down the other.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• How long are the SAEE results good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                              Maybe we can get Sutterbean to share his experience with this since, if I remember correctly, he was in both processes and took the SA job. Just need to send up the Bean Signal

baked-bean-21.jpg
                              USSS SA & (UD)
                              Applied - June 2015/(April 2015)
                              SAEE/POST - September 29, 2015/(June 23,2015)
                              SUPER- November 18, 2015/(July 31, 2015)
                              COE - January 8, 2015/(September 3, 2015)
                              Security Interview - September 11, 2015 (with UD process)
                              Polygraph - November 19, 2015 (with UD process)
                              Medical - December 1, 2015 (with UD process)
                              Background Investigation - Started January 11, 2016 (to be finished January 25, 2016)
                              Home Interview - January 20, 2016
                              The Call™™™™™ - February 9, 2016 for SA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango_Alpha View Post
                                Maybe we can get Sutterbean to share his experience with this since, if I remember correctly, he was in both processes and took the SA job. Just need to send up the Bean Signal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14259[/ATTACH]
                                Super huge kudos for the Bean Signal...That is probably the most original thing I have seen in a while! I have arrived from my Bean Cave, about to graduate JJRTC. So I will answer the question about the UD/SA simultaneous process.

My case was maybe a little unique because I applied to UD, and during my Security Interview, the RAIC must have liked what he saw in my resume, and he referred me to an internal hiring link. That is how I was simultaneously in both processes at once.

When the time came to finish my packet, they did make me withdraw from the UD in order to move forward on the SA application packet. It was required for the packet to go to HQ for selection.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me with further questions, though!

Cheers and Beans!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11356 users online. 389 members and 10967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X